• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho considering raising the roof...

Silvertip

Finally, something factual for Flat Earthers who flounder trying to compare Montana with the Vandals.

Both are paying the price for having drug their feet for so long....

http://www.uiargonaut.com/2013/03/21/40-years-too-late-proposed-6000-seat-event-center-to-benefit-more-than-athletics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember watching basketball in that horrid dome.

Of course, i remember watching horrid football in that horrid dome too...

They should just save the money and use some dynamite and start over.

Spear has a absolutely impossible job, trying to keep up with Boise State, now running 18 years.

I think he gave up those pretenses ages ago - if he ever had them in the first place...but moving ahead of the Griz - given the current circumstances - is very doable.

Silvertip said:
I think he gave up those pretenses ages ago - if he ever had them in the first place...but moving ahead of the Griz - given the current circumstances - is very doable.
Wouldn't they have to pass EWU, ISU and Carroll first to get to us??

I think taking the roof off of the Kib would be a great idea.. right now they're severely limited as to what they can do with that stadium, and they definitely can't expand it anymore. Taking the roof off would give them a lot of versatility to expand the stadium and create a better stadium atmosphere. Plus having a separate venue for basketball would be helpful too.. this kind of setup only works if you're Syracuse.

Silvertip said:
Finally, something factual for Flat Earthers who flounder trying to compare Montana with the Vandals.

http://www.uiargonaut.com/2013/03/21/40-years-too-late-proposed-6000-seat-event-center-to-benefit-more-than-athletics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wait . . . what? Idaho moved up. UM didn't. Idaho paid the price for moving up too quickly, not dragging their feet. Would you like UM to be in the same position? This is like comparing apples to . . . Cadillacs.

AZGrizFan said:
I remember watching basketball in that horrid dome.

Of course, i remember watching horrid football in that horrid dome too...

They should just save the money and use some dynamite and start over.

Horrible place to play! Having played in the domes at NAU, ISU and UNI, I can tell you that the Kibbie Dome was by far the worst in my opinion. On year we played there it was some anniversary and they had the field painted with a logo. Well, it made the crappy turf they had even harder and if you were unfortunate enough to slide through it with bare skin it was like glass. Hated playing there!

The dome decisions are a big part of the degradation of the programs at both Idaho and ISU. We understand the impact a good stadium has on a program as well as anyone. Some forget ISU was the NC in '81.

Jerry Punch said:
Silvertip said:

Wait . . . what? Idaho moved up. UM didn't. Idaho paid the price for moving up too quickly, not dragging their feet. Would you like UM to be in the same position? This is like comparing apples to . . . Cadillacs.

The headline "...40-years-too-late..." appears to have sailed over your head. The misnamed Kibbie "Dome" was Idaho's shortsighted replacement for the erstwhile Neal Stadium in 1971. The outdated KD with its limited expansion options - along with other problems which have been repeated more times than The Lord's Prayer - is what happens when you don't plan. UM's problems have been far less material and much more one of vision - or should we say, a total lack of it. If the ambitious Vandals had Wa-Griz and the season ticket base that keeps it filled they'd now be a proud member of the Mountain West Conference. Instead both UM and UI are losers - but for totally different reasons. Kapeesh :?:

Silvertip said:
UM's problems have been far less material and much more one of vision - or should we say, a total lack of it. If the ambitious Vandals had Wa-Griz and the season ticket base that keeps it filled they'd now be a proud member of the Mountain West Conference. Instead both UM and UI are losers - but for totally different reasons.
Well stated.

kemajic said:
Silvertip said:
UM's problems have been far less material and much more one of vision - or should we say, a total lack of it. If the ambitious Vandals had Wa-Griz and the season ticket base that keeps it filled they'd now be a proud member of the Mountain West Conference. Instead both UM and UI are losers - but for totally different reasons.
Well stated.
Can I assume your season tickets to Loserville games at The Maul are up for grabs??? Post a price please... they gotta be less than season tickets at the Litter Box! Just Kidding... I know you guys are a couple of pie-in-the-sky diehards. Rant on.

"...pie-in-the-sky...?"

;)...the lame mantra of somebody whose own GrizVision begins and ends with his next WaGriz hotdog

Silvertip said:
"...pie-in-the-sky...?"

;)...the lame mantra of somebody whose own GrizVision begins and ends with his next WaGriz hotdog
And claims JJ can't be effective because he has no arm strength....

kemajic said:
Silvertip said:
Well stated.

So, you're proving your point by stating that:

1) The Griz had the vision to add facilities but Idaho didn't AND
2) Idaho had the vision to move up but the Griz didn't.

I would argue that Idaho is a case-in-point of what not to do when you don't have enough funds to move up in the first place. Many of you assume that moving up will take care of the money so much so that UM wouldn't turn into Idaho. So far, nobody has been able to support that position. The untenable position so far is that if UM moves up, they won't be like Idaho except for that there is no reason to suggest the money will start flowing like the salmon of capastrano.

It isn't wether Montana can move up successfully. It is whether UM and MSU can move up successfully together. That is what has to be feasible for it to happen. Idaho isn't a good comparison because they have Boise St. Wyoming isn't great either because there is no Wyoming State, but if anything UM and MSU look a lot closer to Wyoming than Idaho.

Jerry Punch said:
kemajic said:
Silvertip said:
Well stated.

So, you're proving your point by stating that:

1) The Griz had the vision to add facilities but Idaho didn't AND
2) Idaho had the vision to move up but the Griz didn't.

I would argue that Idaho is a case-in-point of what not to do when you don't have enough funds to move up in the first place. Many of you assume that moving up will take care of the money so much so that UM wouldn't turn into Idaho. So far, nobody has been able to support that position. The untenable position so far is that if UM moves up, they won't be like Idaho except for that there is no reason to suggest the money will start flowing like the salmon of capastrano.

Difference being that Idaho got it backwards...moved up and then 18 years later decide to begin doing something about a stadium that might actually drive revenue and make people (and recruits) actually want to go there.

Just when I think Jerry punch can't get any dumber, he mentions the salmon of capastrano...and TOTALLY redeems himself.

snap said:
Just when I think Jerry punch can't get any dumber, he mentions the salmon of capastrano...and TOTALLY redeems himself.

"When The Salmon Return To Capistrano..." Boy, will those swallows be surprised!... Yeah, include dumb along with terminally tedious and habitually irrelevant for the Punch drunk one... :roll:

Silvertip said:
snap said:

"When The Salmon Return To Capistrano..." Boy, will those swallows be surprised!... Yeah, include dumb along with terminally tedious and habitually irrelevant for the Punch drunk one... :roll:

Swallows are my favorite! Spitters are quitters!

Latest posts

Back