• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I love seeing mighty Kentucky reduced...

Silvertip

...to playing NCAA play-in ball on the road in a tiny 3,000 seat Sac St/ Portland St type gym where the floor is marked up for volley ball. (I thought Robert Morris was a line of men's clothing carried by Walmart) Apparently basketball karma lives...BM even holds a seven point lead which will no doubt vanish when the Wildcats get over the shock... :shock:

Hope the Griz are looking in if this has any chance of an upset...naw

I'm loving every minute of it. If they lose I'll have to indulge my guilty pleasure....going over to lurk on their board to enjoy the meltdown

cusefan79 said:
I'm loving every minute of it. If they lose I'll have to indulge my guilty pleasure....going over to lurk on their board to enjoy the meltdown

Sounds like what CAT fans did here this past football season. I pray football returns to normal for that reason alone. :thumb:

cusefan79 said:
Hell, I might join you there. Speaking of NCAA notions -- near as I can tell, they are playing at RM because Robert Morris is an automatic qualifier (won the NEC regular season, lost in the conference tourney). Kty is a "mere" at large team. Toooo funny. :lol:

EXIT, stage left ... Kentucky. Robert Morris moves on.

LOVE IT!

Edit: Got to be frustrating for Calipari. Kentucky has the talent, they just don't play together consistently and they don't put out the effort.

Unwrittengriz said:
The game was played at Robert Morris because Rupp Arena is hosting 2nd & 3rd round games this week.
Actually, I figured it was something like that, but only made a superficial search to learn more. Besides, I like to zing it to the NCAA (who SO deserve it).

Take that Kentucky. I so much don't hate Kentucky, but love when the SEC loses at anything. Hate the SEC. They are the main reason why NCAA football is being ruined by greed.

It's not just the SEC MGR - college presidents are chasing the money in football with total disregard for all other sports. Pretty sad. :|

mtgrizrule said:
Take that Kentucky. I so much don't hate Kentucky, but love when the SEC loses at anything. Hate the SEC. They are the main reason why NCAA football is being ruined by greed.
SEC HATER ALERT: Mercer currently leads Tennessee by 7 points with 10-11 min left in the game. Not ready for an upset alert, but somewhat promising since Mercer has survived a couple UT runs.

Mercer now leads by 10 at the 5-min TV timeout. Doing it with their big inside man on the bench with 4 fouls. They're playing at UT, but the crowd isn't that big and not (presently) in the game.

Take that, SEC! Mercer 75, UT 67, final. These SEC teams obviously consider it an insult to be playing in the NIT -- they just don't show up. As Bobby Knight (commentating) said, "The Mercer guys came to play."

Back