• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I know this is the Griz board but GO RAIDERS

1peatfor7

I bring this up because do you realize Rich Gannon is a former 1AA QB? I don't care who they played for, as long as the guy is 1AA in the NFL, I'm a fan. This just goes to show that 1AA'ers can make it to the "next level." Don't forgot, just a few years ago both Superbowl starting QB's came from 1AA (McNair and Warner).

Raider definently have the higher profile ex I-AA players on their roster. But, they actually only have 1 more than the Bucs.

Raiders:

Gannon, Rich - Delaware - QB
Rice, Jerry - Mississippi Valley State - WR
Johnson, Tim - Youngstown State - LB
Shaw, Terrance - Stephen F. Austin - CB
Slaughter, Chad - Alcorn State - OT

Bucs:

Barnes, Darian - Hampton - FB
Darby, Chartric - South Carolina St. - DT
Stecker, Aaron - Western Illinois - RB
Wilcox, Daniel - Appalachian St. - TE

As a Chiefs fan, I can't bring myself to root for the Faiders. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

cadwiz30 said:
Jerry Rice is a product of 1-AA as well, Miss Valley St.

I thought they were DII back then? Either way, just goes to show you that non BCS players do have a chance and are just as good as everyone else, if not better.

1peatfor7 said:
cadwiz30 said:
Jerry Rice is a product of 1-AA as well, Miss Valley St.

I thought they were DII back then? Either way, just goes to show you that non BCS players do have a chance and are just as good as everyone else, if not better.

You might be right, I didn't look into that deep. I had just remembered that Rice had come from a smaller school and I saw that Miss Valley St. was in the SWAC which is 1-AA.

Back