• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I bet...

GoodGodGriz

DONOR
I bet now that Joe is all but 'officially' gone, the UM will not sell enough pre-season tickets to warrant the new expansion in WA/Griz stadium. Its a big commitment and I think people will be a little timid.

This isn't like when Don Read left. He retired, he wasn't 'lured away'.
This isn't like when Dennehy left, most of the city went to his house and helped him pack his sh!t.

While people can wish Joe and Co. the best (which I do) its still gonna leave a bit of a bad taste in your mouth. I dont care who they replace him with, its gonna take a while for the state and community to embrace the replacement.

You think that Joe has got a tough road ahead of himself turning around a struggling program? I think its a tougher task to come into a winning program and try to keep that alive. If this guy comes in and loses a few games, Judy Martz would be smart to loan her body guard to the dude, cuz people are not going to be happy.

This is a bitter pill to swallow... sorry if Im bringing everyone down a notch or two... just doesn't feel right to me.

Ditto on the stadium expansion. Are they still airing the ad with Joe saying something along the lines of.........best place to play in all of college football?

It seems that the stadium expansion is not set up for success.

They need at least 3500 people to deposit money on it by Dec. 20 or it is a no go. As of today they have had about 1000 people deposit money on it. :cry:

I think everyone should deposit the money wether they intend on switching seats or not. The money is all refundable or can be transfered to pay on your exsisting season ticket order. So it would just be like puttting a $75 deposit on your season tickets for next year.... BUT it would help this expansion get off the ground......

Reguardless of what some guys may tell you....Bigger IS better! :wink:

Considering these tickets are the only presents I will receive from my wife this year for christmas, I sure hope it goes through! She sure will get a good laugh at my expense! :x

GeauxGriz said:
It seems that the stadium expansion is not set up for success.

They need at least 3500 people to deposit money on it by Dec. 20 or it is a no go. As of today they have had about 1000 people deposit money on it. :cry:

I think everyone should deposit the money wether they intend on switching seats or not. The money is all refundable or can be transfered to pay on your exsisting season ticket order. So it would just be like puttting a $75 deposit on your season tickets for next year.... BUT it would help this expansion get off the ground......

Reguardless of what some guys may tell you....Bigger IS better! :wink:

I wonder if the board of regents will ask for a breakdown of new ticket requests vs. transfer requests. Transfers are really no different than robbing peter to pay paul. Out of the 1000 deposits mentioned, 4 transfer requests are mine and I know of at least 20 others neart us that have requested transfers. I think there will be alot of open seats in the SEZ if this goes through. Maybe it will become the visitors/student overflow section.

Yeah...I have heard that it will be sold to students. 500-1000 extra tickets for students....but it might all be trivial.

Back