• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I-AA.org Swami Says: Big Sky Conference Vision

ralph

DONOR
PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH:
1. MONTANA- This team is back and ready to go to Chattanooga and even though they don't know who the QB is it looks like that guy will be among the best in the Big Sky along with a great OL and DL
2. IDAHO STATE- RB Isaac Mitchell should take some pressure off new QB with his running ability
3. MONTANA STATE- CB Joey Thomas returns from injury and with Buck Buchanan Candidate Kane Ioane at Safety they will be solid

Read the entire article and archives here

Congratulations...you whined and lobbied and he moved you up two spots from his original article posted last Saturday! I guess you either opened his eyes or pulled the wool over them. :eek:

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH:
1. Montana State- CB Joey Thomas returns from injury and with Buck Buchanan Candidate Kane Ioane at Safety they will be solid
2. Idaho State- RB Isaac Mitchell should take some pressure off new QB with his running ability
3. Montana- Best OL in Big Sky, still a top team
4. Sacramento State- QB Ryan Leadingham and WR Fred Amey will give defenses a tough time
5. Eastern Washington- QB Josh Blankenship will be a tough loss but WR Eric Kimble should ease the pain with his playmaking ability
6. Portland State- The offense and special teams lost key players and will be young overall
7. Northern Arizona- P Mark Gould is a solid All-American candidate but has to work on some mechanics to get drafted like many people think.
8. Weber State- LB Matt McFadden is an All-American candidate and might be their best player

HHD said:
Congratulations...you whined and lobbied and he moved you up two spots from his original article posted last Saturday! I guess you either opened his eyes or pulled the wool over them. :eek:

I-AA.org Swami is not the same guy as I-AA Preview Man.

Joey Thomas is without question the best corner in the Sky. If you dont belive me ask the folks who scout for the NFL. He does make a lot of stupid mistakes downfield but that is due to the fact that no WR in this league seems to seperate from him downfield.

H-townGriz said:
Joey Thomas is without question the best corner in the Sky. If you dont belive me ask the folks who scout for the NFL. He does make a lot of stupid mistakes downfield but that is due to the fact that no WR in this league seems to seperate from him downfield.

The WR's can't seperate from him because he rides and holds them so much. I think you can be sent to prison in most states for the $hit he pulls on the field :lol: :lol:

Jimus wrote:

I-AA.org Swami is not the same guy as I-AA Preview Man.

Then I-AA.org Swami has plagiarized I-AA Preview Man's article. Every word is the same except for Montana. Therefore his writing and credibility is about as good as a certain former NY Times reporter.

The reality in coaching db's what you are really trying to do is teach them how to cheat and not get caught. Joey gets caught to much because he is so physical but it also allowed him to punk LV ALL GAME last year. He would just bench press LV at the line and then it was over.

Joey is already the most penalized corner in the league, but considering how much he holds he is getting away with murder. He would still be very good without holding. I wish Vernon would learn how to strech the rules like JT, because he would probably be better than Thomas. It will be interesting to see how well Thomas does against us this year when we have more than one "go to" receiver.

it will be interesting to see how a healthy joey thomas does this year. any guy in the big sky who is getting looks from the nfl, you have to root for. and if joey thomas was playing for the griz, his play would not be called cheating, just physical play. :)

Joey Thomas is horrible.
Any NFL scout who thinks differently is on drugs.
I would never want the Griz to play a corner who can't succeed without grabbing and holding on.

You really have to wonder just how mediocre the cats would have been if they didn't let Thomas hold so much. It is a mystry why the league doesn't ask the refs to make Thomas more accounable, especially since so many teams in the conference have complained about Thomas.

There are some great players on the 'cat defense, but Joey Thomas isn't one of them. I will never forget watching him run receivers out of bounds in the '01 Griz-Cat game. It was terrible. That pretty much left me wondering what all the hype was about. There's not an NFL scout in the country that's going to be impressed with the way that CB plays. But hey, maybe they'll stick around long enough to notice Kane Ione -- that kid can play.

If I remember right, LV had two catches for 20 some yards, and Joe Thomas was called one time for PI. Seems like he did pretty well for that game.......

If the Refs don't call it....it AIN"T a penalty.

Having said that....I sure hope the REFS keep their eyes on Thomas next Griz/Cat. :wink:

Back