• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How was pre game.. Uniforms?

GoodGodGriz

DONOR
For those of us who did nt get to see the game on tv or in person, can anyone,describe the pre game.?
Navy Seal sky divers?
Uniforms, helmets, etc?

I was forced to catch updates on my phone via ESPN game cast...

Looked like an awesome game for the Griz..

They added a few new videos and things, but it was basically the same.

I originally thought the Unis looked boring, but they really grew on me. The helmet was absolutely sick. I hope it's our helmet all year.

The only thing I didn't much care for about the unis was that because it was the flat maroon, whenever the players sweat it looked like a different shade of maroon all down their backs. lol

the uniforms looked fine, love the new matte maroon helmets with silver bear paw on the back. Hope we keep those all year, I honestly don't care too much about our uniform styles.. neither should the players or fans, they should care more about our performance on the field. In the end I don't care if our uniforms look like pink from all the sweat if we get a big V!

Navy Seals were bad ass. There were two pairs of jumpers that looked like they were tangled up and then at the last moment they broke apart. It was pretty unreal....

I thought the new video was good. They elimated a ton of video board advertising which was great. They still had some cheesey parts on it though.
Monte and mo came out in motorcycles and no kid rock which a nice change.
Did show a Monte video like they used to do way back when
Unis are sick!
Everyone had pumped adrenaline. Insane atmosphere. Felt good. Like good ol wa Griz.

Wasn't at the game, but has anyone else noticed how prevalent matte helmets are this year? Texas A&M, Berkeley, Oregon State, Mississippi State, OK State, Griz, etc. I like them.

The SEALS did us proud of course but the players outfits were bush leek. Put it this way, whoever designed them awful uniforms deserve to be smacked in the back of his head by a grizzly. Worst I seen in all my years as a fan. Helmets had no shine on them and were a different color than the shirts. Pants looked like they come straight out of my grandsons piss hamper. A disgrace and insult to the tradition that those kids are playing for. Hope they auction the hats off for a good cause and bring back the classics

Ray W said:
The SEALS did us proud of course but the players outfits were bush leek. Put it this way, whoever designed them awful uniforms deserve to be smacked in the back of his head by a grizzly. Worst I seen in all my years as a fan. Helmets had no shine on them and were a different color than the shirts. Pants looked like they come straight out of my grandsons piss hamper. A disgrace and insult to the tradition that those kids are playing for. Hope they auction the hats off for a good cause and bring back the classics

Go to bed Ray! You got church in the morning....

Ray W said:

I disagree with, and love, everything in this post.

grizcountry420 said:
Ray W said:

I don't know if he is serious or if this person has the greatest sense of humor in history, but I know I can't stop laughing my ass of at this.

I'm not sure what I think of the new helmets. Love the paw on the back, but hate seeing nothing on the sides. I think the classic "GRIZ" in dark silver or black would win me over totally on the new helmets.

I loved the uniform combination though.

It doesn't matter wheat the Griz were wearing tonight, they just played lights out. Got a little hairy in the 3rd quarter, but they got it going and shut ASU down.

The Griz will use two different helmets this season.

The Griz will have different uniform combinations for every game.

grizcountry420 said:
Ray W said:

:lol: I agree with Ray somewhat - helmets are OK except for the paw - matte with the Griz logo would be much better IMO.

Ray Ray - no matter what others say please don't go away. Entertainment at it's best people. Not sure if you are the real deal or someone's creation, but a great read. Someone had to step up since JCU is hybernating or banned?

grizeyes said:
grizcountry420 said:
Ray W said:

:lol: I agree with Ray somewhat - helmets are OK except for the paw - matte with the Griz logo would be much better IMO.
I bet the griz script comes back. I think the paw on the back was just for this game. Just an opinion.

uofmman1122 said:

I originally thought the Unis looked boring, but they really grew on me. The helmet was absolutely sick. I hope it's our helmet all year.

The only thing I didn't much care for about the unis was that because it was the flat maroon, whenever the players sweat it looked like a different shade of maroon all down their backs. lol

They looked a lot better in the pics on the Misoulian than they did on TV.

uofmman1122 said:

You could definitely tell which players sweat the most and where. It got odd as the game went on.

The Griz paw on the back of the helmet looked cool except for the outie belly-button look in the middle of the paw pad.

Back