• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How was our blitz?

GrizRoc

I didn't record the game. It seemed like we were in the NAU QB's face and Easterns, every play...but didn't seem to get to Lugay too much. Anyone know...were we blitzing?

GrizRoc said:
I didn't record the game. It seemed like we were in the NAU QB's face and Easterns, every play...but didn't seem to get to Lugay too much. Anyone know...were we blitzing?

Did we need to?????

We held them under 200 yards of total O...... and 64 in the air.

The defense gave up 14pts... Kickoff cover unit and Ochs gave up 13pts... W/O the errors, we would have a 20-14 win...

I love the blitz. No not every play.
I believe it's essential in the mix.
It can cause fumbles, change of possesion (i.e. not completing the 1st down), QB replacements (as we saw, Ochs out) etc.

When we applied pressure it was usually effective vs MSU. but once or twice Lulay broke contain and made good gains. he is quite good at that.
Other times we rushed 3 and gave no pressure. wasn't good, but not common. still, 3rd and 8 is no time to go "prevent D".
Overall though the D was very good. and played good enough that we should have won.
I'll be happy if they play WIU that tough, and i think they can. :x

Back