• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How loud was it

markson161

I maybe wrong, but I think the 2nd quarter when App was down in the north endzone, that was the loudest it's ever been. It seemed like it was loud and then it was like a booster shot and the whole stadium just vibrated. Very awesome

Agreed, those two plays where they had the (back-to-back) delay of game and a TO were the loudest I've ever heard it. Now if only we could bottle that and make every defensive stand equally awesome...

I spoke with a few of the players after the game, and they all made a comment at how they have never heard it get as loud as it did in NEZ. I am proud to say I am one of thoughs without a voice today. We just need to get the entire stadium to get loud and that would be awesome. GO GRIZ!

It was nice being in the nez. Loud enough to make my ears do the weird in and out buzzing. Way better than our old seats.

Definitely a very loud game! The two most consistent sections were the NEZ and the student section. But on the plays where the fans were needed, the entire stadium arose to the occasion and did not disappoint!

In that 2nd quarter you are referencing, the cameras were shaking a little. Reminded me of a few games I seen on TV at the old Mile High when that would happen most every game. I watched this game on my computer streamed through HDMI onto my HDTV. It was not the greatest for Audio, and the crowd sounded very loud.

IIRC, one criticism from last year was that the fans never really seemed to be into the game, which made WaGriz come off as less intimidating to visiting teams.

Quality opponent, night game and Griz kicking butt= loud and proud crowd

We sat at the top of the North End Zone and I was impressed with the volume...usually it gets lost that high up in the stadium.

Those two delay of game calls got the crowd jacked up without a doubt. It made me proud to be in the stands screaming my lungs out for the Griz.

It is a little known technique of physics that to achieve temperatures approaching absolute zero sound waves of the right frequency and at extreme volume are used. By being loud and yelling at the right times, WA-Griz became a very cold place for App State. LOUD and COLD. Fact.

Grisly Fan said:
It is a little known technique of physics that to achieve temperatures approaching absolute zero sound waves of the right frequency and at extreme volume are used. By being loud and yelling at the right times, WA-Griz became a very cold place for App State. LOUD and COLD. Fact.

:shock:

I was happily surprised to hear how loud we were this early in the season. It seems like we hit the really loud games as we get closer to Griz/cat and the playoffs. However, this game we were loud from the first snap and it only got louder from there. We all subconsciously knew that we had a role to play.

I heard everyone else getting louder and it made me want to scream louder. I'm just getting my voice back now. Hope this level of enthusiasm stays strong for the big games ahead.

the wife and I are in the new section up top. we've been wanting to get down to the lower section but opted to renew again in our seats from last year. the sound just doesn't hold up there, but this weekend I couldn't hear myself think at times. Nothing like down below but that's the loudest I've ever heard it.

It'd be interesting to hear the reactions from the players on how loud it was. I know it sounds loud in the stands, but it had to be obnoxiously loud on the field! Especially when App had the false start followed by the delay of game!

get'em_griz said:
The two most consistent sections were the NEZ and the student section.

Appalachian State was called for a 'false start' in the First Quarter: on their own 19 pushed back to their own 14 by penalty.

A 'Delay of Game' called on Appalachian in the Second Quarter when they were on their own 21...pushed back to the 16 due to penalty.

Again, in the Second Quarter, a 'false start' called on Appalachian when they were on their own 28...pushed back to the 23 due to penalty.

By that I don't mean that I think that the NEZ is twice as loud as the Student Sitting Section, by no means.

Every fan in that stadium knew how bad we needed to win that game. The 12th man did an amazing job. At times it sounded like a fighter jet taking off. Nice work Griz Nation. :thumb:

bigkid said:
Every fan in that stadium knew how bad we needed to win that game. The 12th man did an amazing job. At times it sounded like a fighter jet taking off. Nice work Griz Nation. :thumb:

Good post. I -- and everyone around me in the NEZ -- was doing all we could to help as much as we could. And DAMN it was cathartic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beings that I was out of town and the laptop took a dump 2 days before we left I was lucky enough to find the game on AM radio and you could barely hear anything other than the crowd. Sounded pretty impressive to me.

Back