• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

how bad was it?

citygriz

over the years i've accumulated any number of basketball buddies who routinely and good-naturedly make fun of my griz--"koala bears," "sheepherders," "rodeo clowns," you name a stereotype associated with montana, they're all over it, especially when we lose. schools represented by this grubby crew include north carolina, miami, miami of ohio, syracuse, cal, stanford, ohio state and--the worst offender, by far--a drake grad who played pro ball in europe and stayed to live in paris. when the griz lost to syracuse, i expected a torrent of ridicule.

nothing. not a peep from any one of them.

that's how bad it was.

citay said:
over the years i've accumulated any number of basketball buddies who routinely and good-naturedly make fun of my griz--"koala bears," "sheepherders," "rodeo clowns," you name a stereotype associated with montana, they're all over it, especially when we lose. schools represented by this grubby crew include north carolina, miami, miami of ohio, syracuse, cal, stanford, ohio state and--the worst offender, by far--a drake grad who played pro ball in europe and stayed to live in paris. when the griz lost to syracuse, i expected a torrent of ridicule.

nothing. not a peep from any one of them.

that's how bad it was.

Think it is time for you to get over it and move on. :coffee:

One of my bosses who played college ball at Morningside in Sioux City, told me the next morning at work "Montana looked like High Schoolers against a true division 1 basketball team". It pissed me off to no end. I had to bite my tongue hard, when I thought of saying, "yet you were not good enough to make to div 1 basketball." Or "does that make Morningside Jr high?"

If I did not need a decent paying job, I would have said something.

It was dreadful.

And clearly SU was better in every way (as one would expect).

But it was so ugly only because UM shot 20%. TWENTY!

You could have had 5 Micheal Jordans out there, and if they shoot twenty percent, they're gonna get their asses handed to 'em, and it's going to be UGLY.

It was just one of those days.

EverettGriz said:
It was dreadful.

And clearly SU was better in every way (as one would expect).

But it was so ugly only because UM shot 20%. TWENTY!

You could have had 5 Micheal Jordans out there, and if they shoot twenty percent, they're gonna get their asses handed to 'em, and it's going to be UGLY.

It was just one of those days.

Disagree, Everett, MJ would have played a little D. He had some pride.

where does the 47-point blowout rank on the alltime list of ncaa tourney blowouts?
For the modern era, it's gotta be up there.

WhineomingGriz is better than Wyoming griz......... keep em both or get rid of both.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Could someone please run down to Liquid Louies and see if CClark is still sleeping it off in the parking lot...again.

garizzalies said:
where does the 47-point blowout rank on the alltime list of ncaa tourney blowouts?
For the modern era, it's gotta be up there.

...heard there'z only one worse...
...scored 29..got beat by 52...
...makez 34 and 47 look good...

... :cool: ...

Could be worse. Could be the lady spuds who were just decimated in the tourney this year by #1 UConn. 105-37. Yeesh.

PeauxRouge said:
Could be worse. Could be the lady spuds who were just decimated in the tourney this year by #1 UConn. 105-37. Yeesh.

WOOF. :shock:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back