• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Honoring All Who Served

Really DB? Not the right thread to be a tool.
Not a tool. Read what his post said. I have more military in my family than you will ever have. Army Ranger son, Purple Heart. Nephews are recent grads of West Point and Air Force Academy. Daughter-in-law was in military. Father and 4 uncles in military during WW II. One Purple Heart. Italy, Northern Africa, Iwo Jima. I've been to Normandy and the Cemetery. I had ancestors at the Little Big Horn.

Not a tool. Read what his post said. I have more military in my family than you will ever have. Army Ranger son, Purple Heart. Nephews are recent grads of West Point and Air Force Academy. Daughter-in-law was in military. Father and 4 uncles in military during WW II. One Purple Heart. Italy, Northern Africa, Iwo Jima. I've been to Normandy and the Cemetery. I had ancestors at the Little Big Horn.
Really? You know me and my family history?

I need to be civil. I don't want to be, but I need to be.

I appreciate the information regarding your family's service to the nation, that's an honorable thing.

Here's a question, I don't know you, so I am not going to assume that you actually served, because it sounds like you didn't, but you might have. Exploiting others accomplishments to prove your point does sound a whole lot like riding on the coattails better people.

I don't have to ride the coattails of better people.

I spent ten months in a fighting hole in the gulf, before invading Kuwait. Then got to see things I would have rather never seen or done. I spent eight years of my life visiting exciting locations and scenic locations. While there I had to interact with both nice and not-so-nice locals in Bosnia, Algeria, Somalia. I walked out 2nd Recon Battalion on June 16, 1993 as an 8654, today known as an 0321.

You see Hoops, I didn't experience it through my kids or family members, I lived it, and still live with it every day. I don't need to justify myself or what I believe through my family.

I appreciate the information regarding your family's service to the nation, that's an honorable thing.

Here's a question, I don't know you, so I am not going to assume that you actually served, because it sounds like you didn't, but you might have. Exploiting others accomplishments to prove your point does sound a whole lot like riding on the coattails better people.

I spent ten months in a fighting hole in the gulf, before invading Kuwait. Then got to see things I would have rather never seen or done. I spent eight years of my life visiting exciting locations and scenic locations. While there I had to interact with both nice and not-so-nice locals in Bosnia, Algeria, Somalia. I walked out 2nd Recon Battalion on June 16, 1993 as an 8654, today known as an 0321.

You see Hoops, I didn't experience it through my kids or family members, I lived it, and still live with it every day. I don't need to justify myself or what I believe through my family.
Perfectly stated...

I too would like to show my appreciation for all you have done and continue to do to protect our country ... thank you so much...

Really DB? Not the right thread to be a tool.
To sincity, I know you don't need my input to deal with mthoopsfans so do with it what you want.

Respectfully if you think your are going to change his mind or have him apologize to you in any way it's not going to happen..just don't indulge him, it's really not worth your time or effort.

He has proven himself to be a self important, narcissistic liar, who will argue any point with anyone over anything, even when he knows he's wrong

You started it. You called me a tool because I asked a question f someone else.

One doesn’t have to have been in the military to understand and support the military. My experience and heritage with the military is significant.

How many Purple Hearts did you do you it your family have. Mine has at least 3.

You are the tool. Great for your service, but that doesn’t give you the right to be a jerk and not get a response.

Last edited:
To sincity, I know you don't need my input to deal with mthoopsfans so do with it what you want.

Respectfully if you think your are going to change his mind or have him apologize to you in any way it's not going to happen..just don't indulge him, it's really not worth your time or effort.

He has proven himself to be a self important, narcissistic liar, who will argue any point with anyone over anything, even when he knows he's wrong
Never a liar and not narcissistic. Seldom wrong on egriz. You are dumb.

You did a tour OF Viet Nam...not in Vietnam. You are absolutely a narcissist and you constantly try to use your family members who have chosen to serve as your personal badges of honor. You just got called out for your BS by a veteran and you continue to be disrespectful. Who the hell brags about family members receiving Purple Hearts when you never made a any sacrifices and then you compare your vacations to those who did. This is an all-time low even for you.

I'm sure your boy Elrod will be by any minute to try to put a spin on your nonsense and defend you.
In life, I stay out of arguments about military service entirely. I never served, and while I have a lot of respect for those who did, it just isn't a conversation I can contribute to in any legitimate way. I'm smart enough to know what I know enough to talk about, and what I don't know enough to talk about.

I do think it is super weird that this account's only contribution to the board is harassing Hoops and name dropping me. But whatevs.

You did a tour OF Viet Nam...not in Vietnam. You are absolutely a narcissist and you constantly try to use your family members who have chosen to serve as your personal badges of honor. You just got called out for your BS by a veteran and you continue to be disrespectful. Who the hell brags about family members receiving Purple Hearts when you never made a any sacrifices and then you compare your vacations to those who did. This is an all-time low even for you.
Correct. I said "of". I have never used my family members as personal badges. Never. Just stated facts. The "veteran" was being a jerk, and I called him out on his jerkish stuff. Saying how many Purple Hearts are in the family is not bragging. It is stating a fact. How many Purple Hearts in your family? I am not aware of anyone posting constantly on the board who has more of a military history than my family. I assume I had relatives at Little Big Horn, or the Battle of the Greasy Grass. I know I had a relative who helped bury the dead at Little Big Horn. I consider my family's military history and valor to be one of our family's all-time highs. I'm very proud of it. Do you want to compare family athletic history too? Happy to oblige.

I know I had a relative who helped bury the dead at Little Big Horn. I consider my family's military history and valor to be one of our family's all-time highs. I'm very proud of it.
Buried both sides? You aren't Crow. The next Cavalry to see the site was about 24 hrs later. The Cavalry dead weren't 'buried.' How about the mutilation of the dead and dying at Greasy Grass? Proud of him/her? 148 years later puts these events in a different perspective, issin't it?
Ever been to the site? It's awesome if you do your homework BEFORE you go. Been there several times. Anniversary date is about three weeks away.
Good line from the movie, 'Geronimo: An American Legend.' Al Sieber, Head Cavalry Scout, when speaking of the Apache, says(paraphrasing), 'I figure if I was born Apache I'd be fighting with him(Geronimo), but I wasn't.' Pretty much sums up my view of the 1870's in that respect. Self defense. Maybe I'm the reincarnation of a fallen Native combatant. My time, like yours, was about 75 years into the future.
I assume your stated pride is about more recent events. I never served, either, but played 'War' wearing my dad's Purple Heart many times as a kid. WWII was 'recent' history, then. Do you realize the time frame from Greasy Grass to your birth is about the same as the time from WWII to present? Hmm. You coulda played 'War' in a whole different perspective. Food for thought.

Buried both sides? You aren't Crow. The next Cavalry to see the site was about 24 hrs later. The Cavalry dead weren't 'buried.' How about the mutilation of the dead and dying at Greasy Grass? Proud of him/her? 148 years later puts these events in a different perspective, issin't it?
Ever been to the site? It's awesome if you do your homework BEFORE you go. Been there several times. Anniversary date is about three weeks away.
Good line from the movie, 'Geronimo: An American Legend.' Al Sieber, Head Cavalry Scout, when speaking of the Apache, says(paraphrasing), 'I figure if I was born Apache I'd be fighting with him(Geronimo), but I wasn't.' Pretty much sums up my view of the 1870's in that respect. Self defense. Maybe I'm the reincarnation of a fallen Native combatant. My time, like yours, was about 75 years into the future.
I assume your stated pride is about more recent events. I never served, either, but played 'War' wearing my dad's Purple Heart many times as a kid. WWII was 'recent' history, then. Do you realize the time frame from Greasy Grass to your birth is about the same as the time from WWII to present? Hmm. You coulda played 'War' in a whole different perspective. Food for thought.
No, fought one side. Buried other side. I have been to the site many more times than you have and know much more about the battle and history than you do.

The US soldiers were buried at Little Big Horn. Jeez, do some research.

"Most of the soldiers killed at Little Bighorn were not properly identified and were buried hastily in shallow graves. Over the years, animals and the elements scattered many of the bones, while tourists carted off others. Custer got the most decent burial. He was laid in a fairly deep grave--18 inches."

"What happened to the dead soldiers at the Little Bighorn?

What Really Happened at the Battle of the Little Bighorn ...

The dead at the Battle of the Little Big Horn were given a quick burial where they fell by the first soldiers who arrived at the scene."

An anglo relative of mine was involved in that.

The US cavalry attacked women, children and elders at Little Big Horn. Proud of that?

"Role of Indian noncombatants in Custer's strategy

Custer's field strategy was designed to engage non-combatants at the encampments on the Little Bighorn to capture women, children, and the elderly or disabled[49]: 297  to serve as hostages to convince the warriors to surrender and comply with federal orders to relocate. Custer's battalions were poised to "ride into the camp and secure non-combatant hostages",[50] and "forc[e] the warriors to surrender".[51] Author Evan S. Connell observed that if Custer could occupy the village before widespread resistance developed, the Sioux and Cheyenne warriors "would be obliged to surrender, because if they started to fight, they would be endangering their families." Wiki.

He has proven himself to be a liar along with being a total narcissist.

If ANYBODY over here believes or supports anything he's says in that MAYBE 10% of what he posts here have any proof of credibility, than these people are either extremely gullible or have just as bad as character as he has.

He has proven himself to be a liar along with being a total narcissist.

If ANYBODY over here believes or supports anything he's says in that MAYBE 10% of what he posts here have any proof of credibility, than these people are either extremely gullible or have just as bad as character as he has.
No lies. Not a narcissist. You are dumb.

Back