• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Highest paid state employee-

kcjc69

Interesting graph showing who the highest paid state employee is by state. Ironic that no matter what state you look at the guy running the show doesn't stack up. But to those that think sports dollars are an after thought... why is it that coaches are the highest state paid employee? I mean New Hampshire's college hockey coach is number one!

Very simple. Return on Investment. Not very many profit-centers in goverment related entities. In most of those cases the highest paid employee is also brining in the most revenue.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing. IMHO, our university presidents are being paid enough, & our head coaches are being paid too little.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pin2Win said:
Very simple. Return on Investment. Not very many profit-centers in goverment related entities. In most of those cases the highest paid employee is also brining in the most revenue.

Unless your name is Royce Engstrom. :wink:

GrizMusician said:
Pin2Win said:

In most cases. :thumb:

Pin2Win said:
GrizMusician said:
Pin2Win said:

In most cases. :thumb:

:lol:

Football coaches at UM and MSU are about $130k behind university presidents as far as base salary goes. I'd be curious to see this map with only FCS coaching salaries considered. It would look much different.

griz4life said:
Football coaches at UM and MSU are about $130k behind university presidents as far as base salary goes. I'd be curious to see this map with only FCS coaching salaries considered. It would look much different.

Agreed but whos salaries would you then compare it too? Might be why the FCS is starting to look like the SS Minnow floating in an ocean of battleships.

kcjc69 said:
griz4life said:

Agreed but whos salaries would you then compare it too? Might be why the FCS is starting to look like the SS Minnow floating in an ocean of battleships.

FCS didn't turn into a sack lunch league. It's always been this way-- an affordable way to participate in D-I football without the costs of matching fbs scholarships to comply with title IX.
fCS wasn't an easy decision for Montana schools. It was an agonizing choice that meant limiting football and cutting other sports entirely. Wresting got eliminated. Mens sports like skiing got turned into non scholarship club sportswhile women kept theirs. No one was talking about competing with the SEC or anything like that. It was just about what needed to be done to equalize scholarships by gender while keeping as many DI sports as possible without breaking the bank.

griz4life said:
kcjc69 said:
griz4life said:

FCS didn't turn into a sack lunch league. It's always been this way-- an affordable way to participate in D-I football without the costs of matching fbs scholarships to comply with title IX.
fCS wasn't an easy decision for Montana schools. It was an agonizing choice that meant limiting football and cutting other sports entirely. Wresting got eliminated. Mens sports like skiing got turned into non scholarship club sportswhile women kept theirs. No one was talking about competing with the SEC or anything like that. It was just about what needed to be done to equalize scholarships by gender while keeping as many DI sports as possible without breaking the bank.

My point only being that everyone is continuing to jump ship leaving fewer and fewer teams left in the FCS.

Back