• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hey Joe.....

Hammer

DONOR
Hope you enjoy next season, we Griz fans can't wait to kick it off!!! While you will be mired in mediocrity down there in Wyoming, where a .500 record will be considered a success, we plan on going out and getting ourselves our 3rd NC.

Lets face it Griz fans, the reason we pack the house on those fall saturdays isn't because of who is coaching, it's because of the players, our team, OUR GRIZ!!!!

That being said, it's time to put the Joe Glenn era behind us, welcome the new coach and staff, and get ready to kick some a$$ in 2003. I'm just as excited about next season now as I would have been had Joe stayed. There are great days ahead for this program!!!!!!!!

I agree! The Joe Glenn era is history. Joe may have cleaned out the coaching staff (no thanks for that Joe, except thanks for hauling Cockhill away!), but he left a batch of great players yearning for another National Championship. I'm hopeful AD Hogan will bring in a great coach who will quickly replenish the rest of the coaching staff and lead this great batch of players onward and upward. Griz fans have a lot to look forward to! I can't wait 'till Spring drills. And I can't wait for next years rematchs against EWU, the bobkittys and McNeese.

GrizRanger said:
I agree! The Joe Glenn era is history. Joe may have cleaned out the coaching staff (no thanks for that Joe, except thanks for hauling Cockhill away!), but he left a batch of great players yearning for another National Championship. I'm hopeful AD Hogan will bring in a great coach who will quickly replenish the rest of the coaching staff and lead this great batch of players onward and upward. Griz fans have a lot to look forward to! I can't wait 'till Spring drills. And I can't wait for next years rematchs against EWU, the bobkittys and McNeese.

Let's face it people. Glenn was a great coach. I'll miss him, but let's look at things this way. Hogan... he's had a hand in this Football shit as well. He's picked some good head coaches man. I don't think he'll pick a freaking reject this time either. THe man knows what Montana Football is, was, and should be in the future. He knows Missoula, Montana fans, and what type of coach will suit the Montana fans. I kid you not. He is overlooked as a part of Montana's success.

Shakermaker said:
Hogan... he's had a hand in this Football s**t as well. He's picked some good head coaches man.

What head football coaches has he picked other than Glenn? Which was an excellent choice, we all probably agree on that. But didn't Hogan come to this school during the Dennehey era and before he came here wasn't Hogan at Florida St.? They haven't had a new football coach since the beginning of time. So hasn't Hogan only picked one good football coach in recent history? All of this is off the top of my head so I may be wrong on these facts but we are putting an awful lot of faith in this guy to have a huge hand in picking the best coach for the team. He did great last time, so I am sure hoping he does even better this time. Regardless of whoever does get picked I will be behind the team 100%, I am very anxious to see who does get the job.

cadwiz30 said:
Shakermaker said:
Hogan... he's had a hand in this Football s**t as well. He's picked some good head coaches man.

What head football coaches has he picked other than Glenn? Which was an excellent choice, we all probably agree on that. But didn't Hogan come to this school during the Dennehey era and before he came here wasn't Hogan at Florida St.? They haven't had a new football coach since the beginning of time. So hasn't Hogan only picked one good football coach in recent history? All of this is off the top of my head so I may be wrong on these facts but we are putting an awful lot of faith in this guy to have a huge hand in picking the best coach for the team. He did great last time, so I am sure hoping he does even better this time. Regardless of whoever does get picked I will be behind the team 100%, I am very anxious to see who does get the job.

Actually... I think he came after Donald Read, but didn't he hire Dennehey? Maybe I'm wrong... fuck me, wrong :oops: :eek: ... nah.

He hired Pat Kennedy. I give Hogan an A+ for that. I strongly believe that Kennedy is going to put Montana basketball back on the map, and I don't think we could have hired a basketball coach with better credentials than he has.

My recollection is Hogan hired Mick in his first year as the AD. Wasn't a real hard choice at the time :)

Hogan hired Mick to continue the long tradition of hiring within. Thus maintaining continuity. When Mick Dennehy ditched us, that tradition kind of vaporized into dust.

I think then Hogan wanted to take more control of the athletic program and change it to what he's been striving for all along. Same with the basketball program.

Heck, the football program when Dennehy left was kind of getting stagnant then. Dennehy recruited very well, but those recruits did not produce, even though we had an excellent Offensive coordinator in Bob Cole.

But defense wins championships and I would like to see a defensive minded coach as head coach or a coach that knows offense but can hire a very good defensive Coordinator like Breske. Offense doesn't necessarily win championships. You have to have a good defense.

I am not sure you can bet on Wyoming being "mired in mediocracy." If I remember correctly, they were where CSU is now a few years ago. I think they were even rated in the top 25 a few times.

Let's hope for both. Many NC's for the Griz, and Joe's success at Wyoming and beyond.

WYOMING
1995 6-5 (Tiller)
1996 10-2 (Tiller)
1997 7-6 (Dimel)
1998 8-3 (Dimel)
1999 7-4 (Dimel)
2000 1-10 (Koenning) win over Central Michigan
2001 2-9 (Koenning) wins over Furman and Utah State
2002 2-10 (Koenning) wins over The Citadel and Air Force

I wouldn't say they've been mired in medeocrity, more like mired at the bottom.

I remember seeing Hogan at the 1995 national championship game. So he must have signed off on the Dennehy hire.

Hey Joe you can kiss the Griz's 2003 National Championships ass! Enjoy your 3 win season in WYOMING. I for one won't miss your 42 rushes per game boring ass! It will be fun to watch 48-9 Griz wins for many more years to come instead of the 14-9 games. Good ridance JOEY!

Turner Brown said:
Hey Joe you can kiss the Griz's 2003 National Championships ass! Enjoy your 3 win season in WYOMING. I for one won't miss your 42 rushes per game boring ass! It will be fun to watch 48-9 Griz wins for many more years to come instead of the 14-9 games. Good ridance JOEY!

Anyhow... good luck to you Joe.

Back