• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Here it is....The Bracket that is.....

Who hosts if Umass and The Griz both win????????????? :eek:

And look at how even the power is thoughout the brackets.....

And SIU v Delaware in the first round?????

I oonder how well NAU matches up against McNeese? I think we came out smelling pretty good in this draw - home game to start off, and I'd pick Mass over Colgate, meaning another game for us in round 2 assuming a win.

Was surprised to see NAU go to McNeese instead of Bobcats, but with Bobcats and us beating NAU, that must be the reason.

WIU will be the best team we have faced this year. No cupcake to be sure. They have a MLB and SS that are AWESOME. They have played in front of 90,000 here at LSU....so 23,000 won't get to them too bad.

Tough game. And will we host a second round game???? If Umass wins....will we host or will they???? They must be ranked higher than us.

I'd guess that MSU got Northern Iowa and NAU got McNeese due to the regional seeding thing... interestingly it looks like they only did the regional matchups for the 1st round games, as UM and MSU have ended up on opposite sides of the bracket.

GeauxGriz said:
Who hosts if Umass and The Griz both win????????????? :eek:

And look at how even the power is thoughout the brackets.....

And SIU v Delaware in the first round?????

according to Tony, we would

Yeah, Colgate is a surprise number 4. But if Montana takes care of things, UMass beats Colgate, Griz will be home for the second week in a row.

In fact, if NAU wins, UMass wins, Griz take care of things, Griz will have a chance to have all their games at home and then meet MSU bobcats for the championship game in Chattanooga.

This is close, if not the same, position the 1995 Griz were in.

But, Western Illinois is not the unexpected opponent of the Griz. From listening to the radio, it sounds as if Western Illinois asked to come here.

Overall, I think the Griz were put in the easiest position I can possibly think of. That isn't saying it will be easy.

Griz will have one heck of a tough game this week against some 1A transfers. Western Illinois builds their team with 1A transfers, so should be very good athletic team.

DuCharme said:
Geaux, UMass visits WaGriz if we both win. :D

Well that is as good as we could have hoped for. I am sure that Umass will beat Colgate. But WIU is tough....if we beat them....then Umass is real tough! They have only lost to KSU....and to Delaware in 3 OTs.

Got our work cut out for us.....and it all starts this weekend! WIU also has a very good RB and QB....and Big lines.

I like NAU's chances.....and I do not like the Bobcats chances. NIU....wow.

There is an outside chance we could be home through the playoffs.....but we have to win, or we will just be home FOR the playoffs. :wink:

GeauxGriz said:
I like NAU's chances.....and I do not like the Bobcats chances. NIU....wow.

There is an outside chance we could be home through the playoffs.....but we have to win, or we will just be home FOR the playoffs. :wink:

Griz are home if seeded teams lose. Simple as that.

For those who have trouble with PDF,

*McNeese State (10-1)
Northern Arizona (8-3)
---
*Bethune-Cookman (9-2)
Florida Atlantic (9-2)
---------
*Colgate (12-0)
Massachusetts (10-2)
---
*Montana (9-3)
Western Illinois (8-3)

==========

*Wofford (10-1)
N. Carolina A&T (10-2)
---
*W. Kentucky (8-3)
Jacksonville State (8-3)
---------
*Delaware (11-1)
Southern Illinois (10-1)
---
*Northern Iowa (9-2)
Montana State (7-5)

Ok, just wondering here. I dont have acrobat reader, and I'm too friggin impatient to be downloading.

Is the bracket set up so that we could possibly be looking at three BSC teams in the semis?

Latest posts

Back