• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Here is the list...

Grizfan-24

Staff member
Here's the official list, straight from UM Sports Information: Christopher Clark, CB, Los Angeles, CA (Cathedral HS); Van Cooper, Jr, LB/Safety, Denver, CO (Cherry Creek HS); Muckie Foreman, QB/CB, Spanaway, WA (Spanaway HS); Justin Green, RB, San Diego, CA (Mesa CC); Ryan Gustafson, OL, Billings, MT (Skyview HS); Lex Hilliard, RB, Kalispell, MT (Flathead HS); Tyson Johnson, DB/P, Stevensville, MT (Stevi. HS); Kelly Kain, DE, Great Falls, MT (CMR HS) Matt Lebsock, RB/DB, Billings, MT (Skyview HS); Eric Nichel, OL, Billings, MT (West HS); Kyle Ryan, LB, Billings, MT (West HS); Kyle Samson, WR, Helena, MT (Capital HS); Loren Utterback, RB, Fort Benton, MT (Fort Benton HS)

I got his from the other website...but here you go..enjoy

:lol: :lol: How can anyone not be pleased with this list? Well, I mean ANYONE on the west side of the Continental Divide! :wink: I think Bobby and staff have outdone themselves. They got the players we needed in the positions that needed filling. What is most impressive is that they were able to do it after only a few weeks on board. GREAT job coaches!! What is recruiting going to be like next year when we have more scholarships to offer?!!! :roll: :lol:

This is a little story on Van Cooper. Looks like a good one. Go Griz

Cooper, at 6-1 and 190 pounds, is primarily a defender, having played linebacker, cornerback, free safety, strong safety and even defensive end for Cherry Creek this year. His physical numbers are incredible - 4.3 40, 280-pound bench and 36-inch vertical jump. "As I kick returner, I led the state with a 40.5-yard average," Van told Dawgman.com. He also had one 98-yard return for a touchdown
So why does Cooper like defense so much? "I like defense because it's just chaos going after the ball," he said. "I'm physical, quick, hard-hitting - I can do everything." He is a first-team All-State pick and was a pre-season All-American pick by both PrepStar and SuperPrep.

The Huskies must've had Roc in mind when they saw Cooper on film. "Coach (Bobby) Hauck came by to see me," Van said. "He talked about academics and the environment up there. They are recruiting me as a linebacker or strong safety."

Missouri, Oregon and Washington are the schools recruiting Van the hardest right now. His only offer right now comes from San Diego State. "I've got a trip set up for Missouri in December and I'm waiting to see what Washington does," he said. "They told me that they are checking my grades and my core classes before I can visit there."

Van is wide open right now when it comes to a college choice. He also mentioned Nebraska, Arizona State and Colorado State as other schools that have expressed interest.

62GRIZ said:
:lol: :lol: How can anyone not be pleased with this list? Well, I mean ANYONE on the west side of the Continental Divide! :wink: I think Bobby and staff have outdone themselves. They got the players we needed in the positions that needed filling. What is most impressive is that they were able to do it after only a few weeks on board. GREAT job coaches!! What is recruiting going to be like next year when we have more scholarships to offer?!!! :roll: :lol:

Hey there tuffy! I am freakin jubilant about this Class. I was exicted about the instaters....but know with Clark and Von Cooper and Mookie!....forget about it! This is a very solid recruiting class!!!!!!

Next year with more scholarships and starting earlier...and have contacts set up in advance...the recruiting might get unbelievable. I truely believe that recruiting will be the strength of this staff. I mean heck, three or four of the guys were the recruiting coordinator of thier previous team.

This is a really good class...and I can't wait to get back on the "right" side of the divide to watch them! :wink:

I went to Ruby's tonight for recruit show. They had tape on everyone and this really has potential to be an awesome class. The coaches went after athletes primarily. Even the linemen were all atheletes. Tall kids, but not a lot of weight. But per the coach they will be 6'5+, weigh 300 lbs, and run under 5.00 in the 40 by the time they play. The tape on Clark and Cooper made your mouth drop. These guys are total studs. They can flat out hit. Clark ran a 10.53 100 meters last spring with an electronic start and finish and as noted above, Cooper was 4.3 in the 40. They have one more fish they are after that is faster than both of above. No more picking on our corners. Go Griz in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,.......!!!!

Man, this class of kids sounds too good to be true. Did Bobby say how many of these kids were projected to play this upcoming season, other than maybe the punter from Stevi? Or will most of them redshirt?

Justin Green will obviously be playing. Coach H felt he was the perfect compliment for the type of offence we will be running. Coach did not name other players, but did say we would most likely have to use at least 2 kids in the defensive secondary. The recruiting coup on Van Cooper was a great story. Bobby is going to be one awesome recruiter. It is way too early to be celebrating :multi: , but considering he only had one month, this is a very good group.

Native, can you tell those of us who were not at Ruby's the story about getting Cooper?

BTW, I like the priorities.

Sounds like a very awesome class coming in. Mr. Hauck sounds like he and his staff are master recruiters. What about the OL out of Long Beach Poly? What happened to him?

Native, can you tell those of us who were not at Ruby's the story about getting Cooper?

In regard to the above question. I would not do justice to the story. Hauck's delivery was excellent. Plus this board is an too open and some information is just for Griz lovers. Sorry for the delay in reply.

Coaches = Master Recruiters

Posters on this board = Master Debaters?

*snicker*

Back