• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Help Monte...Vote for Smokey

Griz90

In order for Monte to be named the National Mascot of the Year Peedee the Pirate from East Carolina and Rocky the Bull from South Florida need to lose at least one matchup. Peedee holds a decent lead right now over Smokey but with the help of GrizNation that can change. Let's target Peedee this week and we can knock off Rocky when the time is right. Monte holds an insurmountable 99% to 1% percent over Baldwin the Eagle from Boston College. Let's focus on knocking off Peedee this week and help Monte regain his rightful title.

Griz90 said:
In order for Monte to be named the National Mascot of the Year Peedee the Pirate from East Carolina and Rocky the Bull from South Florida need to lose at least one matchup. Peedee holds a decent lead right now over Smokey but with the help of GrizNation that can change. Let's target Peedee this week and we can knock off Rocky when the time is right. Monte holds an insurmountable 99% to 1% percent over Baldwin the Eagle from Boston College. Let's focus on knocking off Peedee this week and help Monte regain his rightful title.

I'm not sure this is correct. My understanding is that there is going to be a 'regular season' (15 weeks I think) of head to head competition with the top 4 (or perhaps top 8) then going into a play off round. So finishing in the top 4, then winning in the playoffs is the path to the chipper.

Either way Monte has a loss and Peedee and Rocky don't. This week's matchup versus Baldwin is a shoe-in unless the other team's fans vote against Monte, which is what I believe happened to Monte last week. The Eagle has only 2 wins, both over bottom feeders, and lost soundly to both Peedee and Rocky. Monitor Monte's standings through the week and vote for Smokey as long as Monte has a sizeable lead. The more losses the better for our competitors, which as of now are undefeated.

mcg said:
Griz90 said:

I'm not sure this is correct. My understanding is that there is going to be a 'regular season' (15 weeks I think) of head to head competition with the top 4 (or perhaps top 8) then going into a play off round. So finishing in the top 4, then winning in the playoffs is the path to the chipper.
Mcg, you are correct. Also trying to get smokey to win may be a problem. Living in Alabama I know alot if Tennessee fans and none of them give a sh*t about voting for their mascot. We may be the only ones voting for him. Mabey picking a week where Pee Dee and Rocky are playing a more formidle opponent (like Monte for one) is a better idea.

Monte still has a 99-1 lead over the Boston College Eagle and the Tennessee fans are holding their own with 41 percent of the vote versus overall leader Peedee the Pirate from East Carolina. This is a prime opportunity to hand Peedee his first loss of the season by voting for Smokey. We need to knock off Rocky the Bull also. If Monte can enter the playoffs tied for the overall lead with only one loss he should get a better seed in the playoffs. Help Monte...vote for Smokey.

http://capitalonebowl.com/?external_id=WWW_W596_XXX_SEM-Brand_Google_ZZ_ZZ_T_Home#/matchups/6/5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the link to vote for Smokey.

You guys are a joke. Are you guys even D1? Oh wait, maybe FCS? You're attempting to throw a mascot challenge, because you're football team practically playing a high school conference schedule.

Cheers,

Every significant Division 1 team in the country.

MontanaisPathetic said:
You guys are a joke. Are you guys even D1? Oh wait, maybe FCS? You're attempting to throw a mascot challenge, because you're football team practically playing a high school conference schedule.

Cheers,

Huh, Harvard English major on the board...impressive. :coffee:

jodcon said:
MontanaisPathetic said:

Cheers,

Huh, Harvard English major on the board...impressive. :coffee:
HA!

MontanaisPathetic said:

Cheers,

Troll

MontanaisPathetic said:

Cheers,

Seriously, Andrew your better then this.

JSTGriz said:
MontanaisPathetic said:

Cheers,

Seriously, Andrew your better then this.
Ha, I was thinking AG1

You do realize that fans of other schools read this board don't you? Take a look over at the Capital One site. What was a substantial lead by the Grizzlies has disappeared and the Grizzlies are now trailing. As the old saying goes, "Pay back is a b****."

the fan of football said:
You do realize that fans of other schools read this board don't you? Take a look over at the Capital One site. What was a substantial lead by the Grizzlies has disappeared and the Grizzlies are now trailing. As the old saying goes, "Pay back is a b****."

:whocares:

the fan of football said:

Now what are we going to do?!

Back