• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck's New Non-Football Rules

grzz

DONOR
I think that if the same thing happens at this weeks game that happened at last weeks game, then all the fans need to start calling Hogans office and making a fuss. Hauck needs to let them sing and before they go in for the post game talk. There is nothing that can't wait a few minutes, and singing is good for morale. Also I hear he is not letting the players go to the Parents breakfast. This is ridiculous. I can see a new coach comming in and making changes if a program is lousy and losing, but we are not that program. Obviously the players have showed that they can do these things and still win, why is Hauck changing it. The letter to the editor was right this morning. This is one thing WE CAN question Hauck on.

They sang the fight song immediately after the Maine game, and they'll do the same with a win on Saturday.

It is possible that they sang the fight song imediately after the Maine game because BH did not realize it was comming. Does anyone remember before the game was over the anouncer saying over the PA that the Griz would go into the locker room right after the game and return in ten minutes. I think that it wont happen again because Hauck wil be reminded of the traditions by a "higher authority."

It is possible that they sang the fight song imediately after the Maine game because BH did not realize it was comming. Does anyone remember before the game was over the anouncer saying over the PA that the Griz would go into the locker room right after the game and return in ten minutes. I think that it wont happen again because Hauck wil be reminded of the traditions by a "higher authority."

grzzzzzzz

You are getting all work up over nothing. They were allowed to sing the School song after Maine...but they NEVER sing it after losses! Also, they hardly ever hang out to chat after losses. If you are trying to spread propaganda against Hauck....put a cork in it. Otherwise, wait until we win, and then if they do not sing the song or stay to chat.....then you and everybody else...including me can go wacko.

I asked him the other day. They can sing the fight song after the game as they did in Maine.

Thats good to hear grizphan. I believe new coaches need to come in and make their presence known, but to mess with tradition is very bad idea. It tells the players that tradition doesn't matter for one, it tells the fans tradition doesn't matter and that we don't care about you. I can see traditions fading in and fading out, but dismantling traditions, even if they have very little to do with the sport, would be one of the worst things a new coach could do to a program. And it would be a slap in the face to those who are and have been involved with that program over the years. I could go on, but since our coach isn't dismantling traditions...I think....I'll leave it at that.

The information about the kids not going to the parent's breakfast is true. BH doesn't want any distractions on game day. I think this is understandable both ways, from the parents' point of view and from BH's point of view.

Some people really seem to have it in for bobby hauck. They are entitled to their opinion but I think that I should reiterate the point that Geaux made.

The Grizzlies NEVER sing the fight song after a loss and after a loss they alwasy hustled into the lockeroom very quickly and did not talk to anyone. After that awful loss to NDSU didnt hauck send the team out anyway.

So, is everyone gettting worked up over nothign or does hauck intend to have his team meeting after teh game regardless of the outcome???

Oh and Bobby, there arent many true ones on this board but shake off the haters

I am assuming Hauck intends to have the post game meeting. all coaches do.

What is interesting to me is that while some might assume the worst from Hauck others assume that he walks on water.
It is possible to support the coach even while pointing out things that are of concern.
And as far as not many true one on this board give everone a break. When Hauck is long gone the fans will be ones still here.

Oh one more thing, my friends that had breakfast with their folks on parents day didn't feel the least bit distracted and somehow managed to win. But to each his own.

chickenman said:
Jimus said:
They sang the fight song immediately after the Maine game, and they'll do the same with a win on Saturday.

Do they sing better than they play??? :lol:

CM.... shame on you :oops: this is not the smack board. They sing excellently and play the same... they have bad days in both areas... :wink:

Thanks Grizmania, and no GeuaxGriz, I am not just saying things because I have it out for Bobby Hauck. I have a couple freinds that play for the Griz and they mentioned this to me. I know they don't ever sing after a loss, but none of you who responded to this post mentioned that the PA anouncer did say the Griz were leaving the field right after the game and would returen. THAT IS NEW. Tha is all I am saying, I am not questioning his coaching style, or anything like that. And by no means am I in the minority in this thought. I do beleive it will be a moot point because from what I hear the Seniors put up a fuss over it to BH, but they were not going to sing right after the game, atleast that is the impression me and most of the rest of the fans there got last Saturday. Don't act like my post doesn't have any merit because you don't agree with it Geaux, and don't think that I hate BH just because I have a question about something that has changed, the postgame routine. Other than that, sorry to get you so worked up.

Had anyone listed to the Bobby H. show on the radio Monday evening, the question would have been answered. He said that he thought is was a great tradition and loved to hear them sing the fight song with every "WIN".

Flathead Griz said:
Had anyone listed to the Bobby H. show on the radio Monday evening, the question would have been answered. He said that he thought is was a great tradition and loved to hear them sing the fight song with every "WIN".

Yep that is a true story...

Thanks, but that is not so much the debate here. My questin is, are they singing right after the games? Or are they going into the locker room for 10 minutes like the PA anouncer said?

Right now the Griz player and coaches have a lot bigger issues to deal with then singing the school song or visiting with the fans after the game. They have got to figure out how to win the freaking games before they worry about singing the song. Winning is the only tradition that the Griz have that Coach Hauck should be worried about at this time. Everything else is secondary.

I asked the question on the show. My question was "will the players be allowed to sing the fight song after the game, or will they be required in the locker room immediately after the game?". Or something pretty close.

I also heard the PA announcer (kind of over the noise) on Saturday. That coupled with the discussion here made me call in.

I believe I made the question clear as to if it will be sung before/after the team meeting. Anyone who heard the BH show can throw in their two cents as to the clarity of the question.

When I indicated in a post above that I asked him the question I could have mentioned it was on the show. I do not know him personally.

PS..won two tickets for my parents by calling in.

PPS..I think this issue can be put to bed

Latest posts

Back