• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

hauck whining?

stiffler

what is all this talk of hauck whining and making excuses. what are your sources here. i've read pretty much everything in the missoulian and the gf tribune and didn't see anything that could be considered whining. the only thing i found remotely like this was when he said he was bitter over the defeat...so, any cat fans wanna divulge their sources here?

and why would cat fans be sensitive to a coach's comments. kramer has been ripping his own players in the press after games for years, something i would definitely not consider healthy for the team, it should be kept in house.

anyway, back on track, clue us in as to what comments you are talking about that hauck made as excuses.

Her's what Bobby said on the show and in the Billings Gazette.
First: No credit was given to the Cats and he said the game was a gift. We did nothing to earn it. He refused to give us any credit for the win and said it was a mistake, and the first two TD's were gifts like he wrapped it as a present. why would someone who was so intent on beating the Cats give us a "gift" like that? sounds to me more like "mistakes"!

In the Gazette he said Oaks outplayed Lulay because he had more passing yards, but if you subtract the interceptions and return yardage maybe the field would tip the other way (Who turned the ball over twice?)

He said Oaks lowered his pads and ran over our linebacker and d-end like that in itself (if it was true) was a reason to forfeit the game to the Griz!He did evade Cooper once ...but hardly "ran over him" He slipped away under his arms.

When the host of the show said Kane made a takle on Green, Hauck said "it looked to me like Ioane got his butt run over and the other saftey made the stop."

He's right ...simple as that. WE GAVE IT AWAY! It wasn't the superior kitty play...it was our own mistakes. You were out played but won. It happens in football...but don't expect him to say we were out performed when we were not. We gave a game that we played better in away.

You should be saying "so what...we won" What the heck do you care what Bobby or the rest of the Nation thinks. Beating us is what brings meaning to most of the lives in Bozo...revel in it. We have a playoff game to think about...you should too...

What the heck do you care what Bobby or the rest of the Nation thinks.

Give me a break, Roc. Griz fans on this board can never stop spouting off and obsessing about the things Kramer says. Bottom line is that, as a head coach for a respected university, Baby Hauck should learn that when you are talking to the press after a loss, you give credit to the other team and accept it with humility. You can say what you really think when you are behind closed doors. It is called class, something Hauck needs to learn from his predecessor. I suppose that if the Griz had intercepted two passes, they would have been great defensive plays, not the Bobcats "giving it away?"

BozoneCat said:
What the heck do you care what Bobby or the rest of the Nation thinks.

Give me a break, Roc. Griz fans on this board can never stop spouting off and obsessing about the things Kramer says. Bottom line is that, as a head coach for a respected university, Baby Hauck should learn that when you are talking to the press after a loss, you give credit to the other team and accept it with humility. You can say what you really think when you are behind closed doors. It is called class, something Hauck needs to learn from his predecessor. I suppose that if the Griz had intercepted two passes, they would have been great defensive plays, not the Bobcats "giving it away?"

Both Coach Hauck and Coach Kramer demonstrate much more class than any of their fans who search for reasons to feel sleighted, including and especially Bozone, who elswhere on this board took offense at the use of the word "State" by Coach Hauck. In case it has escaped anyone's attention, especially Bozone, this is NOT a junior high school message board. Grow up and act like adults, like the coaches do.

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to agree with BozoneCat on this one. I think Hauck let his emotions get ahead of his brain slightly last night. No, I don't think he is classless and I like him a lot, but a few of his comments last night were regrettable. He's young and he will learn from that. I have been told by numerous people "in the know" that he may end up being the best coach they've had since Read when all is said and done. I get on Kramer a lot, so I better get on Hauck a little too.

Sorry, but I like Coach Hauck just the way he is, and didn't hear a word he said that even caused me a second thought. No one should have to go around thinking he has to make ritual compliments to meet anyone else's standard of "class". Coach Hauck's team looks ready to host two home games in the playoffs. That's enough said for me.

Go Griz, Go Saints, Go State, Go 'Jacks

Hauck is OK in my book....Better than Glenn when it comes to this rivalry. Glenn basically told us all that he didn't like the fact that the Griz had won so many in a row. Low and behold we lost and he left.

Ione got his butt pounded. FACT He was ducking and flinching all day. I saw it in person and I saw it on tape. He may be a hell of a player but he's no dummy and wasn't prepared to sacrifice his own well being when it came to making a one on one tackle with Green.

While Ochs didn't have a great day as far as pics were concerned and made some bad decisions, Lulay did little to impress me. He lucked out on a pic of his own and couldn't hit wide open guys down the sidelines. In my mind we lost in the first play. Kick return for TD. Spent the rest of the day trying to catch up. Other than that the Griz out played you on both sides of the ball.

I like Hauck as well! I think he may have to question some of his assistants during the off season but that will all flush out in the wash.

I like Hauck too. He is youthful, smart and full of energy and has a passion for Griz football. If Cat fans have a problem with that, that is all the more reason to like him!

Go Griz!

Lets move on, Beat Western Illinois!

He responded like a competitor. Funny how kitty fan on these pages can justify the sickening behavior of their fans based on a rivalery and then condem BH for being frustrated by the "give away". Kitty fan wants conciliatory remarks...statements like: "we were outplayed by a better team"...ie. they want BH to lie. Sorry kitty fan. The man spoke truth and his words show that he cares about the rivalry...he didn't devalue the game by saying things like: "who cares...two years in a row obvioulsy don't mean much...we're still in the playoffs" Which he could have said and it would have been true. Game changing mistakes by a better team changed the outcome and you skinnyed out another win...sorry if that dosen't jive with your "we kicked your ass" delusions. BH was accurate and he stated facts. But hey, congrats...you now have a reason to live for one more year! :roll:

I'm a Hauck supporter. Do I look up to him in admiration in every thing he does? No. Loyalgriz said it best about the post mortem...some of his comments I would classify as regrettable as well. I realize he is in the first year as a head coach, and went from the frying pan into the fire. I think he will learn to balance his zealousness with good sportsmanship over time. Although Kramer is very gracious, he too has sinned. Remember his suspension a couple years ago for postgame comments?

A Cat fan made a good point that if we picked off Lulay it would not have been characterized as a gift. That's the type of comment I find regrettable, not giving the other team credit for making plays.

I think Hauck has done a very creditable job this year disguising our weaknesses. He wants to pass, but realized early on it wasn't working. So he has developed a strong running attack that shortens the game and minimizes the exposure of another of our weaknesses, pass defense. And playing a field position game also plays to another of our strengths, the special teams, Snyder, T. Johnson, Segars, and Heidelberger. It didn't work out against Montana State, but I still think the game was coached well, save for not anticipating the Bobcats adjustments on offense in the third quarter.

MTGRIZ,

I feel like I threw my voice there, excellent post. You nailed all items solidly on the head. We need to move on now to the regular season. The pre-season ended with the final horn last Saturday.

>>First: No credit was given to the Cats and he said the game was a gift.

Hauck called Smith an All-American and a very good player. Said the Griz didn't want to give him a chance to return and the plan was to keep the ball away from him, but the kick didn't go where it was supposed to.

He also said that Qualls made a very nice play on the interception.

That sounds like giving credit credit to me.

Back