• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Happy National IPA Day

IPA's are the worst beers known to man. Bowsers brewery in Great falls makes a double IPA, my friends love it! Flathead brewery in woods bay make an Nitro IPA. my friends love it! Thank god for wheat beers with good flavors!
 
reinell30 said:
IPA's are the worst beers known to man. Bowsers brewery in Great falls makes a double IPA, my friends love it! Flathead brewery in woods bay make an Nitro IPA. my friends love it! Thank god for wheat beers with good flavors!

I just sampled the Stone Breweries' IPAs & I thought they were fantastic!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
reinell30 said:
IPA's are the worst beers known to man. Bowsers brewery in Great falls makes a double IPA, my friends love it! Flathead brewery in woods bay make an Nitro IPA. my friends love it! Thank god for wheat beers with good flavors!

When you see the word Nitro on tap, that just means the beer is pressurized with nitrogen. It just makes the beer a little flat. There is nothing netter than a cold smoke on nitro...
 
GrizMusician said:
grizcountry420 said:
I'm a huge hophead!!

Any suggestions? I love the Stone Ruination IPA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2


Nikasi Total Domination
Bridgeport Hopczar
Pyrmid Thunderhead
Sierra Nevada Double IPA

You just have to try a new one everytime
 
grizcountry420 said:
I'm a huge hophead!!
me too, I have a hopyard in the back of the house, Cascades and Willamette's, the cones are small right now but will be full in a few weeks and ready for harvesting / brewing, fresh hops make the very best brew.
 
<-------------------------------------------------------------->
Hops-----------------------------------------------------Malts

------------------------------------------------*





* = the sweet spot, baby!
 
I generally prefer maltier beers, but I go through IPA phases. And there are some TERRIFIC ones out there.

Too often, though, brewers simply try to out-hop one another and you end up with a beer no one really cares for but everyone drinks because it's the hipster thing to do.
 
EverettGriz said:
I generally prefer maltier beers, but I go through IPA phases. And there are some TERRIFIC ones out there.

Too often, though, brewers simply try to out-hop one another and you end up with a beer no one really cares for but everyone drinks because it's the hipster thing to do.


A lot of breweries will show how many IBU's each beer has in them so you know what your kinda getting yourself into. I just recently drank an Imperial IPA with an IBU content of: 96 and an the alcohol content was 10.5%

One 22oz bottle got me buzzed.... :lol:
 
GrizMusician, here are my suggestions:

Russian River Pliny the Elder is my favorite beer of all time.

Russian+River+Pliny+the+Elder.JPG


Ballast Point Sculpin (if you like Stone IPA)

ballast_point_sculpin_ipa-400x600.jpg
 
'68griz said:
My theory is this: never drink a beer you can see through. So, IPA's are definitely out.

Ah, but some breweries make a "Black IPA" or sometimes they're called "Cascadia IPA". Black as the night is dark AND an IPA. And pretty damn good too! Not sure what Montana breweries offer Black IPAs, but I know Tommyknocker from Colorado has one (Hop Strike Black IPA). Might be available in MT....we get it in SD.
 
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
'68griz said:
My theory is this: never drink a beer you can see through. So, IPA's are definitely out.

Ah, but some breweries make a "Black IPA" or sometimes they're called "Cascadia IPA". Black as the night is dark AND an IPA. And pretty damn good too! Not sure what Montana breweries offer Black IPAs, but I know Tommyknocker from Colorado has one (Hop Strike Black IPA). Might be available in MT....we get it in SD.

Usually all the breweries around Missoula except Bayern offer some sort of a Black IPA throughout the year. Blacksmith Brewery out in Stevi brews an excellent Black IPA.
 
grizcountry420 said:
GrizMusician said:
grizcountry420 said:
I'm a huge hophead!!

Any suggestions? I love the Stone Ruination IPA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2


Nikasi Total Domination
Bridgeport Hopczar
Pyrmid Thunderhead
Sierra Nevada Double IPA

You just have to try a new one everytime


CDAGRIZ said:
GrizMusician, here are my suggestions:

Russian River Pliny the Elder is my favorite beer of all time.

Russian+River+Pliny+the+Elder.JPG


Ballast Point Sculpin (if you like Stone IPA)

ballast_point_sculpin_ipa-400x600.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely check them out!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
EverettGriz said:
I generally prefer maltier beers, but I go through IPA phases. And there are some TERRIFIC ones out there.

Too often, though, brewers simply try to out-hop one another and you end up with a beer no one really cares for but everyone drinks because it's the hipster thing to do.


what this dude said. IPA's were good 15-20 years ago, when it wasn't a "contest." bitterroot's IPA still the best IPA despite the fact that it's not "super-double-extra-magna-hopped-enough-to-stay-bitter-enough-for-12-trips-around-the-globe-on-a-17th-century-british-frigate-on-it's-way-to-india-hoppy"

most IPA's now are just dumb.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top