• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

halftime tailgaiting is a great tradition!

argh!

DONOR
all the "good fan" police need to get over the fact that people don't make it back to their seats by the start of the second half. it is legal, and no matter how badly you want to do so, you can't make a citizen's arrest. it is time to worry about other things, like whether wa-griz is loud or cold enough.

If you didn't have enough time to drink beer before the game you must have had one hell of a long ride to Missoula. I could care less either way I choose to stay in the stadium because I came to watch the game not drink beer. Hell, if I drank beer I'd miss the entire 3rd quarter standing in line to take a piss. The cannon boom at the 5 minute mark is a pretty good idea.

grizaremoregooder said:
If you didn't have enough time to drink beer before the game you must have had one hell of a long ride to Missoula. I could care less either way I choose to stay in the stadium because I came to watch the game not drink beer. Hell, if I drank beer I'd miss the entire 3rd quarter standing in line to take a piss. The cannon boom at the 5 minute mark is a pretty good idea.

They just need to make halftime two beers longer and life would be great....

This goes to show what is more important. I choose the griz over on last beer. Are you a griz fan or a drinking socializing fan?

grizaremoregooder said:
I come to the games (over 300 mi each way) to watch the Griz AND to drink beer. But the latter objective is achieved before and after the game without a mad dash back and forth during halftime and missing half the third quarter. I did that until I realized how stupid it was. A flask allows me to relax during halftime and grab a sandwich and re-gather the energy required for another half of Griz football.

Yukon said:
This goes to show what is more important. I choose the griz over on last beer. Are you a griz fan or a drinking socializing fan?

"Nay, Yukon said, thou shalt not miss a single play of second-half Grizzly football to consort with thine drunkard associates over a libation; for thine cannon boom signifies the coming of football, and he who shall ignore it shall be smote from Grizzly fandom." - Yukon 3:16

Those players and coaches bust their ass for the fans. I think it is only fair the fans bust ass for them. Seriously, it is not hard to get back in time for kickoff. I can work in 2 beers, and food at halftime, and be back for kickoff. Yes, they do need to be drank fast.

MTGriz87 said:
Yukon said:

"Nay, Yukon said, thou shalt not miss a single play of second-half Grizzly football to consort with thine drunkard associates over a libation; for thine cannon boom signifies the coming of football, and he who shall ignore it shall be smote from Grizzly fandom." - Yukon 3:16

i don't know how to respond. he who is without sin cast the first stone?

MTGriz87 said:
Yukon said:

:lol: :clap: Well played sir!

One other aspect that I have not seen discussed on this topic is that when you march you drunk self to your seat, you are obstructing the view of the fans who were on time or stayed to see the football action on the field. Discuss...

FamilyMan said:
One other aspect that I have not seen discussed on this topic is that when you march you drunk self to your seat, you are obstructing the view of the fans who were on time or stayed to see the football action on the field. Discuss...

Jesus loves you....

You guys are wasting your f.....g breath here. The restrooms won't accommodate 10K simultaneously using the pissers and getting food and beverages.(see the man pee in the cup??) The comment about the NAU game being a "fault" of the "suds" crew is a totally asinine...(they had a 75 yd. t.d. run where Bauman wasn't even "F.....g touched) just look in the mirror and say that to yourself.(is someone going to hold our hands in N.D. in 2 weeks :roll: ) The stadium is not currently capable of housing us all if you close the exits at halftime either...another short sighted comment.(we'll be stepping on each others dicks in a n.y. minute...with mayhem to follow soon) Separate drinking areas would have to be designed and built if you close the pearly gates. This is also not what is arbitrary with the R.V. renters and tailgaters currently in their annual agreements. These are "lofty" goals when you consider how abysmal the G.S.A. beer garden is performing currently... :roll: :roll: :roll: :egriz:

MTGriz87 said:
Yukon said:

:lol: Just laughed my a** off!

argh! said:
MTGriz87 said:
Yukon said:

Since WaGriz opened in 1986, we have never once left the stadium during half-time....

rimrockgriz said:
Separate drinking areas would have to be designed and built if you close the pearly gates.
Why? Beer is sold in the concession stands at UNC just like any other beverage and you take it back to your seat, just like any other beverage. Being CO, I'm pretty sure it's 3.2. It's a far more relaxed environment than the mad rush at halftime in Missoula. I never see anyone leave at half time at Greeley. Of course, there's 4000 instead of 25,000.....

O'K for all of you who think the crowd should be back in their seats, which is worse, not coming back from halftime for the third quarter start or leaving early if the game is decided? 6 of one; half dozen of the other!

'68griz said:
argh! said:
MTGriz87 said:
Yukon said:

Since WaGriz opened in 1986, we have never once left the stadium during half-time....
I think that's nice you've never left the game at halftime. I took my extended family to the C.A. playoff game a few years ago. (west...13th row 47 yd. line) It was un fu....g believable the difference in energy. MOST of you are a dead lay...If I was performing at my normal NEZ screaming on every down when the "D" is on the field...you would ask me to leave. If you don't know what you are talking about...keep peace and don't speak. :egriz:

Back