• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gwen Florio Love Note of the Day

Grizbeer

Just thought we could start a new topic, maybe sticky it, so Gwen doesn't have to read through all of the football topics (wonder if she ever visits the basketball side?) to see what people here think of her.

Here is mine: Gwen is probably a decent human being, in her own way, once you get to know her.

Grizbeer said:
Just thought we could start a new topic, maybe sticky it, so Gwen doesn't have to read through all of the football topics (wonder if she ever visits the basketball side?) to see what people here think of her.

Here is mine: Gwen is probably a decent human being, in her own way, once you get to know her.

How about we all don't do this so that she no longer has control over what gets posted and put on top of the "Montana Grizzlies and the FCS" message board. Frankly, by continuing to dwell on Ms. Florio and other perceived injustices, this board has become something other than it was intended to be.

grizpsych said:
Grizbeer said:

How about we all don't do this so that she no longer has control over what gets posted and put on top of the "Montana Grizzlies and the FCS" message board. Frankly, by continuing to dwell on Ms. Florio and other perceived injustices, this board has become something other than it was intended to be.

This.

Everybody needs to move on from all of this, and the sooner the better. Let's please go back to talking about football, which is the purpose of this forum.

good point, except she is the crime and courts reporter for the Missoulian, and with 100+ 18 - 23 year old football players and 300+ athletes at the University of Montana odds are she will continue to be a fixture on e-Griz until she moves to a different paper. Although I suppose she could always stop posting e-Griz love letters of the day on her twitter?

firmgriz said:
grizpsych said:
Grizbeer said:

This.

Everybody needs to move on from all of this, and the sooner the better. Let's please go back to talking about football, which is the purpose of this forum.

Top three threads right now are about a local newspaper reporter...you fools play right into her hand and make us ALL look like idiots. I know it's "ironic" that I posted here.

Grizbeer said:
good point, except she is the crime and courts reporter for the Missoulian, and with 100+ 18 - 23 year old football players and 300+ athletes at the University of Montana odds are she will continue to be a fixture on e-Griz until she moves to a different paper. Although I suppose she could always stop posting e-Griz love letters of the day on her twitter?

Two things. Why would your first instinct be to post about a journalist if a student-athlete got in trouble with the law (in the future people, not JJ). Two, quit giving her something to post about. Frankly, I would (and do) respond publicly when people write about putting a bullet in my head, metaphorically or otherwise.

Ursa Major said:
firmgriz said:
grizpsych said:
Grizbeer said:

This.

Top three threads right now are about a local newspaper reporter...you fools play right into her hand and make us ALL look like idiots. I know it's "ironic" that I posted here.

No worries, this thread is on track to be something different than it was intended.

Grizbeer said:
...Here is mine: Gwen is probably a decent human being, in her own way, once you get to know her.

Ha! This reminds me of the "Man's Prayer" from the Red/Green Show.

"I'm a man, I can change, if I have to...I guess." :lol:

grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
firmgriz said:
grizpsych said:

This.

No worries, this thread is on track to be something different than it was intended.
Actually this thread is headed exactly where it was intended - to keep the Florio talk out of the rest of the threads, and isolate it.

All institutions that have a large number of 18 - 23 year old kids will have issues with breaking laws. It isn't unique to athletic programs, and anyone that thinks their institution is unique and "clean" is fooling themselves. Some are worse than others, other do a better job of not getting in the paper. And reporters will report on it, and supporters will get mad, and point it out. it is life. If the reporter thinks the story is the fans of an athletic program, and not the individual person who may or may not have committed a crime, I find that strange and somewhat amusing, but it helps to sell the story of a program out of control, even if silly people posting on a message board have no influence over a program.

Curious, did you really, honestly take what AZGriz wrote in a literal fashion, given the context of talking about a job opening at the Missoulian?

Grizbeer said:
Curious, did you really, honestly take what AZGriz wrote in a literal fashion, given the context of talking about a job opening at the Missoulian?

If you reread my post about it, you will have your answer. :thumb:

grizpsych said:
Ursa Major said:
firmgriz said:
grizpsych said:

This.

So no different than any other thread.

Back