• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GSA in Great Falls

nzone

Had a great time at the banquet with a whole bunch of Griz Fans! There seems to be a common theme amongst Griz Fans..........enough is enough and the football team is ready to kick ass. Delaney did a great job neutralizing bad press by pointing out the bone marrow registry that hasn't been reported. Scott Craig seems pretty confident that this group of young men will be ready to go. All in all good stuff!
Go Griz!! :thumb:

As always, I had a great time at the BBQ. Coaches Kandice Gregorak and Mark Plakorus sat at our table and were absolutely great to talk to. It looked like the event raised a lot of money. Two helmets auctioned off at $2,000 each.... Way to represent Great Falls. :clap: Thanks GSA and GO GRIZ!!!!

I wish it had been better advertised, I live close and didn't hear or see anything about it. They had the bilboards up for the Bobcat Triangle Classic for a month. I didn't even see a sign in the gas station. If this stuff is happening let people know...

dupuyer griz said:
I wish it had been better advertised, I live close and didn't hear or see anything about it. They had the bilboards up for the Bobcat Triangle Classic for a month. I didn't even see a sign in the gas station. If this stuff is happening let people know...

It was posted pretty heavily on here, as well as GoGriz.com. I also recieved several emails on the GSA statewide tour.

Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

It was posted pretty heavily on here, as well as GoGriz.com. I also recieved several emails on the GSA statewide tour.
not in the last couple of weeks it wasn't and you would think being a season ticket holder I might get those emails...

Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

I also heard frequent ads on the radio for it as well

dupuyer griz said:
Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

not in the last couple of weeks it wasn't and you would think being a season ticket holder I might get those emails...

Are you a gsa member?

NikeGrizz said:
Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

The only ones that do a good job in my opinion are the Sidney ones. They advertise on here ahead of time and have good coverage across the board. I am in Great Falls at least once a week and I have not seen a single advertisement. I don't listen to the local stations because they are awful so that doesn't help. I see the paper everyday at lunch at school nothing in there, at least not obvious. No billboards no flyers no emails...nothing on facebook pages that showed up...All I'm saying is if they had done a little better job I would have gone and spent a lot of money. They didn't and I didn't.

wbtfg said:
dupuyer griz said:
Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

Are you a gsa member?
Currently, no, I don't even know what it would take to be. I understand how costly it is to send out emails to solicit membership :roll: I get emails from griztix about shitty concerts coming up I wouldn't go to, why can't they shoot out an email to all the season ticket people. Again, that's just a crazy idea from someone under 30 who couldn't possibly understand life so I know I'm dumb as hell.

dupuyer griz said:
wbtfg said:
dupuyer griz said:
Hammer said:

Are you a gsa member?
Currently, no, I don't even know what it would take to be. I understand how costly it is to send out emails to solicit membership :roll: I get emails from griztix about shitty concerts coming up I wouldn't go to, why can't they shoot out an email to all the season ticket people. Again, that's just a crazy idea from someone under 30 who couldn't possibly understand life so I know I'm dumb as hell.
Hahahaha! Awesome! I spit my coffee out at my monitor! :lol:

dupuyer griz said:
wbtfg said:
dupuyer griz said:
Hammer said:

Are you a gsa member?

So youre mad because an association that you arent a part of, nor have ever made any inquiries about becoming a part of had a party and didnt invite you?

And people wonder why milleninals have been labeled as the most whiney, self entitled generation in our nations history.

I don't even know what it would take to be.

blank-check-template.jpg

dupuyer griz said:
wbtfg said:
dupuyer griz said:
Hammer said:

Are you a gsa member?

So everyone who reads EGriz is aware of next years GSA BBQ in Great Falls, I will post many notifications, many times over and over so folks like depuyergriz do not get left out in the cold. I posted GSA posters in Bison Ford, The Sting and and several other places as well. Three GF radio stations advertised this event several times a day for at least a month in advance. (I did read DG doesn't like GF stations.)
Oh, and just so you are aware, the BBQ this year was fantastic again...

I heard the ad many times on the radio and also saw the announcements in the Tribune. I have never recieved an email about the event but I have managed to make everyone of them for the last six years. It helps that I am aware that it takes place every year around this time so I do watch for it. Could it be advertised more? Certainly and I hope that it is.

It was a great time and there were a couple of changes that I found to be very positive. First, the coaches sat at the tables with everyone else instead of at the head table on the stage. Emily, girls golf coach graciously asked if she could join us at our table. She was so much fun and enjoyable to be around. She is from Kansas so we learned alot about her and she got to see more evidence that Griz nation is alive in Great Falls.

Second, auctioneer Scotty Peters from Fort Benton conducted the auction and did a terrific job. I believe he was able to get more money out of the audience then a non-auctioneer could have gotten from them.

Coach D announced to the crowd that we would kick Appalacian State's as_ and that brought the crowd to life. I don't know if we will accomplish that but it was nice to hear the energy and dedication he has for this team.

It was a great time!

dupuyer griz said:
NikeGrizz said:
Hammer said:
dupuyer griz said:

The only ones that do a good job in my opinion are the Sidney ones. They advertise on here ahead of time and have good coverage across the board. I am in Great Falls at least once a week and I have not seen a single advertisement. I don't listen to the local stations because they are awful so that doesn't help. I see the paper everyday at lunch at school nothing in there, at least not obvious. No billboards no flyers no emails...nothing on facebook pages that showed up...All I'm saying is if they had done a little better job I would have gone and spent a lot of money. They didn't and I didn't.

The simple fact is that we are a volunteer group putting this together with a limited budget. Yet, the event seems to grow each year, has been going on for years and I am not aware of any fans that have a real interest in attending not knowing about the event happening each spring. We have been told that the Great Falls event is one of the most profitable stops they have each year. Now, we don't draw Triangle Classic type numbers, but the Classic is a statewide event with the spring game. I not going to take away anything from the Classic as those folks work hard and do an outstanding job. However, it is apples to oranges when compared to a one evening BBQ, but a few people work their tails off and raise quite a bit of money for the GSA.

I'm sorry you weren't able to attend, you missed a nice event. And rather then complaining about not knowing why don't you write a check for what you think you would have spent in fuel, admission, auction items, etc to the GSA and become a member and that way you will get the mailer that went out with the date and time. Hope to see you there next year!

Oh, yeah, I forgot this: http://www.gogriz.com/ot/gsa-membership-form.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even us guys over 30 do know what a link is! :D

Back