• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grosulak Retires

bigkid

DONOR
I've heard that msu linebacker Alexi Grosulak has decided to retire from football because of injury. Whether you want to admit it or not he was a very good athlete and the cats will miss him dearly. A big thumbs up :thumb: to this young man and best wishes for his future.

bigkid said:
I've heard that msu linebacker Alexi Grosulak has decided to retire from football because of injury. Whether you want to admit it or not he was a very good athlete and the cats will miss him dearly. A big thumbs up :thumb: to this young man and best wishes for his future.

Good call Bigkid! I remember watching him dominate in the Washington State game as a frosh. Hate to say it but the moral of the story might be NOT rushing back from an injury but giving your body a chance to heal.

Ursa Major said:
bigkid said:

Good call Bigkid! I remember watching him dominate in the Washington State game as a frosh. Hate to say it but the moral of the story might be NOT rushing back from an injury but giving your body a chance to heal.

The injury that he is retiring from is not the one he sustained as a sophomore. This is a different injury entirely. The moral is that football is a collision sport and when you collide with things, you break...eventually!

Now is the time for the stable of young LB's to step into the gap and provide what has been stellar LB play for the Cats over the years. I have no doubt we will in fact be stronger even with our loss of Grosulak who has been playing at less than 100% since his freshman year. Sad way to end his career, but he made the right call.

AZGrizFan said:
Cat's are suddenly thin at LB.
Its not lookin to good for them right now in that area. Seemed that was the core for their D for the past couple years. The cats reign of terror is over Haha

NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Its not lookin to good for them right now in that area. Seemed that was the core for their D for the past couple years. The cats reign of terror is over Haha

We don't rebuild, we simply reload!
1323688466-first-common-combat-training-in-vilseck-bavaria--germany_964422.jpg

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Catsrback76 said:
NLGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

We don't rebuild, we simply reload!
1323688466-first-common-combat-training-in-vilseck-bavaria--germany_964422.jpg

Reloading blanks is not that big of a threat. :)

Man, that sucks. He was a good player, and I hate to see anyone's career end with an injury. Best of luck to him in future endeavors.

Sorry to hear Alexi has to hang it up. He was as dominant a player as MSU has had at LB. What they will miss more than his skills however is the mental way he played the game. He appeared to love what he was doing and that kind of fervor and determination is often tough to find, even tougher to instill. This will be a blow to their defense.

I wish Alexi well in his future endeavors.

Richard Cranium said:
He played much more viscously than this body frame could take. He was an amazing LB. To bad for the kid!

this is the real truth, what a hitter and competitor... they will miss him...

Gaeilge1 said:
Sorry to hear Alexi has to hang it up. He was as dominant a player as MSU has had at LB. What they will miss more than his skills however is the mental way he played the game. He appeared to love what he was doing and that kind of fervor and determination is often tough to find, even tougher to instill. This will be a blow to their defense.

I wish Alexi well in his future endeavors.

this is a spot on post. thanks. :thumb:

Back