• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Marshall game thread!

Why was this game played at Marshall? Did the top seed in the playoffs get home field throughout including the chipper?

No. Marshall bid on it, and if I remember, hosted it for 3 years. 94-96. Georgia Southern did the same thing.

I forgot how Dickinson struggled early in this game. Turned out OK!!

I remember watching this game when I was in high school and jumping up off of the couch when that final field goal went through the uprights

grizpack said:
No. Marshall bid on it, and if I remember, hosted it for 3 years. 94-96. Georgia Southern did the same thing.

It was a very good defense he was going against. As I recall he was sacked 10 times. And it was really our defense that won the game. Goal line stand; safety on Pennington, etc.

kemajic said:
grizpack said:

It was a very good defense he was going against. As I recall he was sacked 10 times. And it was really our defense that won the game. Goal line stand; safety on Pennington, etc. Our LB play was outstanding as was the defensive game plan.

i do love the griz said:
Haha just kidding. I've never actually been able to see this game so it's pretty cool for me! Glad I finally get a chance!

I remember watching it from a bar in Montana. Good times.

If you forgot to set your DVR, like I did, ROOT Sports is showing the game again on September 29th.

I had forgotten what a beating Dave took in that game and he still led us to victory!

He was truly one amazing and tough QB! Mad respect for DD.

i do love the griz said:
Ursus1 said:
Yep...elk hoof....not sure why?? Funny though
De-limbing the herd? Who knows? Pretty funny though!
The part I found funny was....... Pay attention to the guy next to the man waving the hoof around.....
It's like..... "Dude........WTF"!
And as much as I loved watching this re-play..... I'm so glad our school colors are now maroon and silver..

grizpack said:

I'm not surprised you don't remember certain aspects of that game! The beer was flowing like wine that night!! :thumb: Err....day I mean!! :cool:

maroon said:
If you forgot to set your DVR, like I did, ROOT Sports is showing the game again on September 29th.
Do you happen to know when they will re-show the scat's "supposed" '84 championship?
oh, wait.....that's right there's nothing to show.

Back