• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz surviving NFL roster cuts or making practice squad

bigtyme

Anyone have a quick status update of former Griz currently in NFL? There are a lot to keep track of.

I see where Dan Moore is still listed with the Colts, but I saw somewhere where he got cut last week along with Jabin Sambrano.

http://mtstandard.com/sports/safety-colt-anderson-ex-butte-high-bulldog-makes-eagles-roster/article_65add978-12c1-11e3-97ed-001a4bcf887a.html?fb_action_ids=4830007807763&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_ref=.UiS11Gi_aOI.like&fb_source=hovercard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope the link works - from the Montana Standard yesterday.

MT Head Guy said:
Thanks for the link. Great summary.

Safety Colt Anderson, a former Butte High Bulldog and Montana Grizzly, will still be a Philadelphia Eagle in 2013.

Anderson, who made the Pro Bowl as a special teams ace in 2011, started the final four games for the Eagles a season ago after tearing his ACL the previous year. He was one of five safeties who made the Philly roster when NFL teams had to trim down to 53 players on Saturday. He beat out veteran David Sims, who was cut.

Other players with Montana ties who survived Saturday’s cuts were Atlanta Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann (Hardin High, Montana) and safety Shann Schillinger (Baker High, Montana), Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Dwan Edwards (Columbus High, Oregon State), St. Louis Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson (Montana) and running back Chase Reynolds (Drummond High, Montana), Miami Dolphins defensive back Jimmy Wilson (Montana), New England Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher (Bozeman High, Montana State), Chicago Bears defensive tackle Zach Minter (Montana State) and Seattle Seahawks offensive tackle Mike Person (Montana State).

Players released Saturday included Dallas Cowboys linebacker Caleb McSurdy (Montana) and Indianapolis Colts receiver Jabin Sambrano (Montana).

Tennesse Titans receiver/returner Marc Mariani (Havre High, Montana) will spend a second straight season on injured reserve after suffering a shoulder injury in training camp. Mariani was attempting to come back from a gruesome broken leg that put him on the IR for all of last season.

Kicker Dan Carpenter (Helena High, Montana) was released by the New York Jets on Friday. Jets fullback Lex Hilliard (Flathead High, Montana) is out for the season after having surgery on his shoulder to repair a broken scapula.

The Colts waived-injured fullback Dan Moore (Montana) on Aug. 16.

Hammer said:
Where is Tuff Harris these days?
Do you mean for like the last three or four years? All I've heard about him is competing in the Native American Olympics and that was about three years ago

alabamagrizzly said:
Hammer said:
Where is Tuff Harris these days?
Do you mean for like the last three or four years? All I've heard about him is competing in the Native American Olympics and that was about three years ago
He played his max 4 years that you can be on a practice squad. His last game was the Super Bowl for the steelers against the packers. He was on IR that season I believe

Gaeilge1 said:
I see where Dan Moore is still listed with the Colts, but I saw somewhere where he got cut last week along with Jabin Sambrano.
He said on his facebook page that hes on IR.

Back