• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz, NDSU and Playoffs

cody45051

NDSU Coach Bohl's chief complaint (as was last year) is how many fans come up to him and tell him they already have their tickets to Frisco. Which teams have a legitimate chance of stopping NDSU from 3-peating?

East Coast:
Deleware Blue Hens: don't know much about them other than they have a great program that may be due.

Midwest:
Youngstown St.: being in the same conference as NDSU gives them a playoff disadvantage

Western:
Griz: need to improve each and every game to become the machine NDSU has become under QB Jensen
MSU: no, sooner or later they show their true Bobcat ways--losing.
EWU: sounds like this will be a rebuilding year.

Southern:
Sam Houston: NDSU knows what to do with the triple-option

Who else is there that has a legitimate chance?

cody45051 said:
NDSU Coach Bohl's chief complaint (as was last year) is how many fans come up to him and tell him they already have their tickets to Frisco. Which teams have a legitimate chance of stopping NDSU from 3-peating?

East Coast:
Deleware Blue Hens: don't know much about them other than they have a great program that may be due.

Midwest:
Youngstown St.: being in the same conference as NDSU gives them a playoff disadvantage

Western:
Griz: need to improve each and every game to become the machine NDSU has become under QB Jensen

Southern:

To have a legit chance you would at least have to make the playoffs to disrupt anything NDSU does. That's an important first step.

Jerry Punch said:
cody45051 said:

East Coast:

Midwest:

Western:

Southern:

To have a legit chance you would at least have to make the playoffs to disrupt anything NDSU does. That's an important first step.

Once you make the playoffs, you have to win in the playoffs and not get blown out...

cody45051 said:

East Coast:

Midwest:

Western:

Southern:

Cody, your pink tinted glasses are clouding your vision. The Griz finished behind 9 teams in the Big Sky Conference in 2012, and the 2013 schedule is has some tough games for the Griz. They should be better this year, but nowhere near NDSU.

You’re quick to dismiss MSU. The 2012 season’s final poll extended a pair of impressive streaks for MSU football. The Cats have been ranked for 43 consecutive weeks, including 29 straight polls among the nation’s top 10 teams. The Cats spent the entire 2012 season ranked among the nations top 5 teams. Their only losses last year were to the #2, and #4 ranked teams. MSU should have another good year, but they too are not in NDSU’s league.

If NDSU stays healthy, they’re heavy favorites.

Bear Spray said:
cody45051 said:

East Coast:

Midwest:

Western:

Southern:

Cody, your pink tinted glasses are clouding your vision. The Griz finished behind 9 teams in the Big Sky Conference in 2012, and the 2013 schedule is has some tough games for the Griz. They should be better this year, but nowhere near NDSU.

You’re quick to dismiss MSU. The 2012 season’s final poll extended a pair of impressive streaks for MSU football. The Cats have been ranked for 43 consecutive weeks, including 29 straight polls among the nation’s top 10 teams. The Cats spent the entire 2012 season ranked among the nations top 5 teams. Their only losses last year were to the #2, and #4 ranked teams. MSU should have another good year, but they too are not in NDSU’s league.

If NDSU stays healthy, they’re heavy favorites.

agree...talented yes but their coaching is heads above.........they play each team on defense which is out side the box with 90+% of the coaches in the FCS. You have to know football to play each week with an agenda to fit the team you are playing. I know that most coaches try to do this but they are C+ at best while NDSU is A IMO. You can't win games without this element and grade.

lol.. Cody. What has Delaware done since Flacco left? If there's an East Coast team with a chance to beat them look deeper in the CAA.. those who aren't leaving..

NDSU will not even win their conference. SDSU and Indiana State are both loaded with talent. Even egriz favorite uni will be much better.

EWU isn't rebuilding, just retooling. There are some scheme adjustments on both sides of the ball to better fit personnel (deep secondary and thin LB corps, mobile QB and deep OL/RB groups). The schedule will be the biggest impediment to us going deep in the playoffs, as we'll likely be on the road.

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
EWU isn't rebuilding, just retooling. There are some scheme adjustments on both sides of the ball to better fit personnel (deep secondary and thin LB corps, mobile QB and deep OL/RB groups). The schedule will be the biggest impediment to us going deep in the playoffs, as we'll likely be on the road.

Could you possibly use a few of those tools to build more than one shitter at your stadium?

From all us tailgaters, thanks.

Silvertip said:
A 24 team playoff?...I wish I even cared. I don't. The NC has become a sham...

Teams still have to win out to win the NC... just sayin'. :roll:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Silvertip said:

Well, maybe they'll expand it to 30 so the griz can make the playoffs too. :shock:

Bear Spray said:
Silvertip said:

Well, maybe they'll expand it to 30 so the griz can make the playoffs too. :shock:

Big talk from a guy whose team's playoff streak is now at 3. Come back and play when your boys can do it for 15 straight years.

Bear Spray said:
Silvertip said:

I love your arrogance after such a brief stint of success. Your coach has class - you do not. Live it up until November. Your party is about to come to an end.

Bear Spray said:
Silvertip said:

Or, maybe they can reduce it to 4 teams so the cats can make the semis once a century.

Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:
Silvertip said:

I love your arrogance after such a brief stint of success. Your coach has class - you do not. Live it up until November. Your party is about to come to an end.

Copper, please forgive me for not turning on my sarcastic font. We earned the right to rib you guys a little last November. You're just not comfortable being on the receiving end of said ribbing. I root for the griz every game except when they play the Cats. Lighten up, kickoff is only a few weeks away.

EverettGriz said:
Bear Spray said:
Silvertip said:

Or, maybe they can reduce it to 4 teams so the cats can make the semis once a century.

I'll take the last 3 years of MSU football compared to um football all day Everett. That aside, where you do think the Cats & griz will be ranked, preseason? I'm betting griz crack top 20, what say you?

Latest posts

Back