• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz in Hawaii again???

Unlikely to happen, but I will be on the plane to hawaii if it does.

There is no way that Montana will go to Hawaii for the Sept. 6 opening.
Would have to move both Maine and NDSU game for it, unless force the Griz to travel all the way to Orono, ME, and then all the way to Honolulu, HI. What a trip. If Griz do that, I sure hope they enjoy plane rides. Last time Griz played in Hawaii, they played a game in California a week before. I am sure all that travel affected their play against Hawaii. Plus, they would have to figure out when to schedule NDSU. Probably schedule the game for another year. But this change would not irritate fans who already made plans to travel to Orono already.

If any change was to occur, Griz would take the Aug. 30th date. Upset several fans, but travel for Griz would be less. I know 62Griz would be upset. He was already affected by a schedule change already when they pushed the Maine game back 2 days from Aug. 28th to Aug. 30th.

I do not think Hogan would make the change this late.

You're right, True! A change in schedule at this late date would cost me another $200 to change plane tickets. There's already been enough change of plans for one year! I really enjoyed the Hawaii trip last time in spite of the loss and very much would like to play the Warriors/Rainbows again. I can't see dropping Maine or North Dakota State now. Both of those games are quality schedules in my mind. Hawaii has to get their act together and schedule games two to three years ahead of time like every other school. I think Hawaii liked to play the GRIZ because they brought so many fans there.

Just to let yas know, an App fan on the ESPN board reported that at tonights App BBall game they announced that App St will play at Hawaii on August 30th.

Is there an NCAA football rule about how often a non-conf. team can travel to play at Hawaii. I know there is with hoops, Alaska and Hawaii don't count towards your scheduled games but you can only play there every 3 or 4 years.

Not sure, but Lady Griz basketball team will be traveling to Hawaii next season. The men's team has already played there not to long ago (1997). And as we all know, the football team played there 2 years ago.

Is there an NCAA football rule about how often a non-conf. team can travel to play at Hawaii. I know there is with hoops, Alaska and Hawaii don't count towards your scheduled games but you can only play there every 3 or 4 years.

TrueGriz said:
Not sure, but Lady Griz basketball team will be traveling to Hawaii next season. The men's team has already played there not to long ago (1997).

Didn't the men's basketball team go to Hawaii last year? I think it was for a tournament sometime around Christmas, am I right or am I getting my fact messed up again?

Ok, I found it, the Yahoo! Sports Invitational tournament last year was hosted by BYU-Hawaii not University of Hawaii, that is what threw me off.

I found last years schedule on the MontanaGrizzlies.com website.

Hammer said:
Just to let yas know, an App fan on the ESPN board reported that at tonights App BBall game they announced that App St will play at Hawaii on August 30th.

This is true. ASU got the Hawaii game.

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=41327

Back