• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Got Lucky!

PhilPonder

Haha just messing with y'all!;)

Congrats on a game well played. It was a disappointing outing for the ASU faithful. I expected a battle but certainly thought we would be more competitive. But the Griz dominated all aspects of the game, especially the line play. Jordan Johnson appears to be as good as ever and you've got a couple of tough, crafty backs in Canada and Van. Good luck the rest of the season. Hope you run the table and wind up in Frisco. Hope ASU gets another shot at the Griz one day!

PhilPonder said:
Haha just messing with y'all!;)

Congrats on a game well played. It was a disappointing outing for the ASU faithful. I expected a battle but certainly thought we would be more competitive. But the Griz dominated all aspects of the game, especially the line play. Jordan Johnson appears to be as good as ever and you've got a couple of tough, crafty backs in Canada and Van. Good luck the rest of the season. Hope you run the table and wind up in Frisco. Hope ASU gets another shot at the Griz one day!

This is a perfect example of the the classiness of ASU and their fans and why a lot of Griz fans list them as their second favorite team. First class program and first class fans. That Phil for the note. We will be rooting for you the rest of the year.

First class program and first class fans. That Phil for the note. We will be rooting for you the rest of the year.

+1 Much respect for ASU's program, and appreciate the competitive, classy fans.

Phil, App State was an adjustment or two from firing on all cylinders. I'm sure it won't take long to tighten things up.
We're going to miss App State and everything it did to better FCS, including scheduling tough season openers like our home and home. Thanks and good luck.

+2 App. State = total class. Your fans were great and I hope you were treated as well up here as we were last year in Boone. We will miss you.

Best of luck the rest of the year. We'll be cheering for you! :clap:

I have added the goal of attending an ASU game in Boone to my bucket list just because of the class of the program and the class of their fans. Go ASU and much success in the future.

Best two fan bases at the FCS level, and it ain't even CLOSE. One could argue they're two of the best at any level.

Here's to 11-1 for App!

EverettGriz said:
Best two fan bases at the FCS level, and it ain't even CLOSE. One could argue they're two of the best at any level.

Here's to 11-1 for App!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Thanks Phil. Here is to App St. running the table! I too hope to make it down to Boone for a game. I hope App St becomes the king of the Sun Belt and gets an invite to the ACC.

Another Appy fan with class... God, I wish they were joining the Big Sky... I'll miss the short rivalry, but that doesn't mean Montana can't schedule games against Appy... I think fans in Montana and fans in Boone should start a petition and deliver it to both of the AD's offices...

Go GRIZ, Go Appy, my second favorite team...

Cuervohola said:
Another Appy fan with class... God, I wish they were joining the Big Sky... I'll miss the short rivalry, but that doesn't mean Montana can't schedule games against Appy... I think fans in Montana and fans in Boone should start a petition and deliver it to both of the AD's offices...

Go GRIZ, Go Appy, my second favorite team...
The problem with scheduling them is we'd have to visit each and every time I believe. Oh.... And don't say Appy....... They hate that :x

I wa sitting in the south end zone just two rows up from the large contingent of ASU fans and must say I was impressed. Great bunch of fans and I made sure to wish them luck in the future. I now have a favorite D-1A team to root for. And I hope they run the table the rest of the season which will only make our win look that much better in the eyes of the FCS pollsters and playoff selection committee.

Id like to see them in WAGriz one more time this post season. Just for the beat down satisfaction! ;) :lol:

Do wish App program and fans all the best in FBS. Class program and fans, which is hard to come by in FCS.

Good luck and hope we get another chance to meet this year!

Tokyogriz said:
Id like to see them in WAGriz one more time this post season. Just for the beat down satisfaction! ;) :lol:

Do wish App program and fans all the best in FBS. Class program and fans, which is hard to come by in FCS.

Unfortunately, they are not playoff eligible.

Tokyogriz said:

It won't happen. I believe they are ineligible for the playoffs.

Bah forgot about the playoff ineligibility for moving up.

Was thinking Marshall got to play in the NC before moving up... guess that's changed.

Tokyogriz said:
Bah forgot about the playoff ineligibility for moving up.

Was thinking Marshall got to play in the NC before moving up... guess that's changed.

Stupid NCAA... Are they trying to be their big brother, the No Fun League??? Bunch of douches

Back