• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz for Kids - bring a new unwrapped toy to the Weber game

BWahlberg

DONOR
Griz Nation - just a reminder that this weekend is the Griz for Kids toy drive. As you're getting ready for the game and hitting the stores this week pick up a toy somewhere and bring it with you. These toys are given to less fortunate kids over the holidays.

Here's a flyer on it - please help out with this!

GrizForKids_zps93a9f2c7.jpg

BWahlberg said:
Griz Nation - just a reminder that this weekend is the Griz for Kids toy drive. As you're getting ready for the game and hitting the stores this week pick up a toy somewhere and bring it with you. These toys are given to less fortunate kids over the holidays.

Here's a flyer on it - please help out with this!

GrizForKids_zps93a9f2c7.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Brint. I will send the wife to store tonight and pick something up.

Great tradition that always seems to receive a large turnout. Ill be doing my part to keep it going. Even if you forget a toy, they always accept cash.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Great tradition that always seems to receive a large turnout. Ill be doing my part to keep it going. Even if you forget a toy, they always accept cash.
That's a very good reminder. Some people forget that.

A little plug here for "Can the Cats"...that's another good cause, collecting food donations for local food providers. I'm surprised UM isn't promoting fans to bring a can of food to the game......but would think they'd accept food at the same drop off points as for the toys.

If not.....I'm aware that food can be dropped off at Karl Tyler Chevrolet and Missoula Federal Credit Union. First Interstate Bank is having a food competition between its Missoula ad Bozeman banks.....so has food drop off points at all its bracnhes too!!

Bring a toy and a can of food to the game or one of those otiher spots before next Friday (11/22).

UM has NEVER really promoted "Can the Cats," which is the reason the Cats have won the promotion every time.

Always have and will continue to do so, we always bring a boy toy and a girls toy. Its hearbreaking to think of a little kid with no presents on christmas morning. But it happens, and that is just so sad!

Yep always have a couple of toys in tote :thumb: and on Christmas Day a prayer they made a difference. Legitimate question: don't they have an organization to give kids unused game tickets? If so anyone know who I can contact?

Going to bump this every day, just to keep it fresh with the more casual egrizzers that are on here once or twice a week.

Another tip I'll pass along.

You can find toys unopened and in their original package at the thrift stores for very reasonable prices.

Double your charitable action by supporting your local thrift stores and their programs.

mtgriz said:

You can find toys unopened and in their original package at the thrift stores for very reasonable prices.

Double your charitable action by supporting your local thrift stores and their programs.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
mtgriz said:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just went to the store last night, Dam toys are expensive! My grandson was born this August 31st, and I haven't bought any toys in over 20 some years. Oh well, it is for a great cause. I can't imagine not having presents/toys to open on Christmas.

I'm probably hitting the thrift stores today, will also grab some stuff from the dollar stores too.

Donated my extra two tickets to Griz kids today and have my toys ready for the trip. Sounds like snow......oh well.

Posting to provide a bump. Will be there with toys on. Great suggestions, one boy/one girl and try the thrift stores. Thanks for the ideas

Back