• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ fans also pathetic-No 12th man on field.

NativeGriz

Did anyone else notice how quiet our crowd was. NDSU ran more audibles than any team I have ever seen and here we had 4000 more fans at the game. The 12th man was not there. We sat there with our little attitudes thnking we should be winning by 30 points(and we should ), but allow 17 straight points before our crowd started to make some noise. But by then all the momentum was with NDSU. We can all take some blame for this game. This game should have never come down to the fluke of Snyder missing a FG.

But then look at SDSU, 30 point underdog and they almost beat Ohio State and SDSU barely beat a mediocre 1AA team last week. Look at Central WA beating MSU last year. Bad games happen. Hopefully we have had ours. Our coaching staff needs to figure out how to hold the momemtum and I do believe Hauck will figure it out.

One postive from yesterday. Per Missoulian, Only 2 coaches out of the our last 7 have lost thier home opener. Read and Glenn and both won a NC. So I am going to predict we win it all next year with Ochs at QB and Disney as an excelllent backup.

As for the crowd, No more audibles. We sounded like the ISU domos.

That's BULLSH##

I sat near the NDSU fans and they were commenting that our crowd was awesome and they were very jealous.

You are grasping for straws and not putting the blame where it belongs. The coaches were out coached in the second half by a Div. II team.

There is not ONE school in 1AA that woudn't trade for our stadium and crowd!

ronbo said:
That's BULLSH##

I sat near the NDSU fans and they were commenting that our crowd was awesome and they were very jealous.

You are grasping for straws and not putting the blame where it belongs. The coaches were out coached in the second half by a Div. II team.

I'm with RONBO on this one - how about the 2 delay of game calls? My wife listened to the game on the radio in the parking lot, and she said when the ball was in the NEZ she couldn't hear the game. I do think the crowd needs to get into a little earler in the play, though, while they are still in the huddle instead of waiting for play to start, but overall teh crowd stayed in it from beginning to end.

Grizbeer said:
ronbo said:
That's BULLSH##

I'm with RONBO on this one - how about the 2 delay of game calls? My wife listened to the game on the radio in the parking lot, and she said when the ball was in the NEZ she couldn't hear the game. I do think the crowd needs to get into a little earler in the play, though, while they are still in the huddle instead of waiting for play to start, but overall teh crowd stayed in it from beginning to end.

I was not there....but I will say that the first half the crowd was rockin....and the second half, the crowd was tailgating.....and once NDSU had the momentum there was very little to cheer.

The Crowd sounded way less in the second half.....at least on TV.

That's something that always pisses me off Geaux. Any of you that were out in that field through the 3rd quarter ought to be horse whipped. You know who you are!

Get your fat beer drinking bellies back in your seats and support the team. I watched the stadium half empty through almost the entire 3rd period.

Well I'm dang gland to hear it sounded louder from other locations---I was hoping it was a figment of my imagination. However, the people behind us were tanked when they got there and left at halftime--for more of the same I guess. The people on either side of use were mostly quiet, and the people in front of us, who sat below us in the SEZ last year, were quiet until the last play when they proceeded to get up and make noise (finally!) I'm like why the bleep did you buy tickets in the NEZ if you're just going to sick there like stumps??? Had enough of that in the south last year.

With a twenty plus point lead going into halftime, a person shouldn't have to hurry back in to "support the team". The team should have had the game well in hand. That being said, I was there yelling myself hoarse less than one minute after the clock started the second half. Don't blame the crowd, it was surely as loud as than any other in 1-AA playing a Div II school this weekend. Plus, by the fourth quarter I thought the crowd was still very involved in the game considering we had no momentum and you could feel the game going away.

i'm curious why a person bothers going to the games if they spend half of it(not counting half time) in the tailgate area.

Maybe because half the fun of going to the games for many is tailgating and the atmosphere. Without all those tailgators the atmosphere at Washington Grizzly wouldn't even be close to the same.

Do you notice that every team that wins the coin toss defers in Washington-Grizzly? They know the stands will be half-empty and they have a chance to steal the 2nd half momentum. Griz fans always brag about the atmosphere, the noise, and the die-hards in the stands. Have one less beer, and get back in the house!

I agree with all of you who note that, all too often, the tailgaters don't make it back into the stadium until midway through the third quarter, or, even, not at all. We NEVER leave the stadium once we arrive about 30-45 minutes prior to kickoff. I mean, that's what we buy season tickets for ... to watch the game!!
But, I do disagree with those of you who say the crowd was not into the game. It MAY have been a little quiet right at the start of the second half (the aforementioned missing tailgate folks, perhaps), but we and the people around us were still yelling our/their heads off at the end of the game. It was a severe disappointment to lose, but I guarantee you that we will be back in those same seats every game this season, win, lose or draw!!

GoGriz said:
Maybe because half the fun of going to the games for many is tailgating and the atmosphere. Without all those tailgators the atmosphere at Washington Grizzly wouldn't even be close to the same.
Its funny how some people justify things....

From what you say am I to believe it's just impossible to get back into the stadium to watch the second half and just as impossible to tail gate before the game, during half time, and after the game. :drinking:
I tailgate, yet see the whole game.
At UM were lucky because it's easy to get to the tailgating area quickly...at big schools fans tailgate before and after games because it takes so long to get to and from the tailgate area.

You people are amazing. A week ago you are bragging all over the place about how great our fans are and how much better they are than anyone else in the nation. Now we lose a game and you people are complaining about the fans. We lost a game get over it.

Back