• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz faithful diminish as losses increase

Bobcats

I will love to see the new seats in grizville empty in three years as the AD tries to figure out why the hell he even blew the cash to build it.

The tide is turning take your scout team from Montana and we will take our recruits. I'll see ya all in Bozeman. Bring your violins.
:fist:

Thats funny all your posts....cadpee states that we have only one good player. Whats that make all you loosers. BEST D IN THE BIG SKY TWO YEARS RUNNING. Ya we must only have one good player.

ESGGCW

There are no new seats in "Grizville" yet, and in 3 years the seats won't be new. I'm pretty sure Washington/Grizzly will sell out all 3 of those years...does'nt seem like the money will be wasted to me.

You beat us by 3 points for the first time in 17 seasons, and the tide is turning? Spoken like a true Bobcat fan.

Wonderful 1st post. GO GRIZ!!!

Oh I see, MSU must be so much better because they don't have to expand their stadium at all in order to have thousands of empty seats on gameday. Get a clue. You'll be very disappointed when the Cats don't follow up last year with another glorious 7-6 season.

Series record: Griz over Cats 64-33-5. That must be so much better to you than 64-32-5, and it's comical that you think that, because of one win, more than a century of history is going to turn around in your favor. Respect tradition, then you can come post on this board if you have anything intelligent to say.

Bobkittens play over their heads and still have to catch the Griz flat to squeak by on 3 points. The game itself would have been meaningless except for a blown official's call at Sac State.

So due to inept officiating, some lucky breaks and the kitties stumble over the finish line to a tie, and now they are crowing about it, even though they didn't get past the first round in the playoffs. Only in bozoland.

Can't wait until the Griz go there to put on a football clinic next November.

I am really looking forward to next season starting but I am really looking forward to the Griz/cat game. Our boys are going to be completely jacked up to make up for last years loss and with the "take no prisoners" attitude that Coach Hauck is going to pound into our players, the Cats are going to get killed in next years game.

The Griz had a tough year last year with injuries, thats the way it goes. Everybody was gunning for the Griz last year because they knew how good we are. All the cats have is a good QB in Lulay, so now all the teams in the Big Sky know that the cats have a good QB and that is it. All of the teams that that cats play next year will be gunning for Lulay, I don't wish an injury on anybody, not even a cats player but he is going to get killed. The cats can't protect him, I would be suprised if he makes it halfway through the season much less all the way to the Griz/cat game.

Next year, Griz win 52-3

Hey Bobcats, (by the way, real original choice of names), your post does not really even merit a reply. Yet here we are. You see, here in "grizville" we enjoy having the best and brightest from MSU come over and strut your stuff. It's like watching the special olympics award ceremony. A touching moment that brings a smile to your face. "No really, good job. You did your best, and we are so proud of you. "
So keep on visiting. On the field or online we know we are gonna get some.
smileysex5.gif
you know you like it

If only they WOULD add more exits to the Litterbox! That is the worst stadium I have ever seen to get in and out of. Only one person at a time can get in the narrow opening. There is a line a block and a half long fifteen minutes before kickoff and you can't get in before kickoff. Then, it takes just as long to get out at halftime and after the game. Of course, the only time they have a problem with people trying to get in is when the GRIZ fans come to town. Some Bobcow graduate engineer must have designed that place. :wink:

Its ok….I can understand the team from the east suffering from stadium, mascot, overall record, and coach envy.
I look forward to going to the kitty box next fall. Two years ago I was sitting in the high school like bleachers in the end zone laughing at their duck taped patched mascot and the kid who shaved msu into his back hair and was amazed that their fans cheered louder when they had the ball. You would think they would scratch their heads and think maybe we got this noise thing all wrong. I also enjoy hearing the mountain lion sound over the PA that is supposed to be a bobcat growl. Bobcats hiss. Can’t wait to see what else they can screw up.

I remember being at a postgame function in 1999 when Dennehy was coach. We just put up 82 points (football) on Weber State. Somone in the crowd piped up and said, "what did the Bobcats do today?" The coaching staff turned and looked at the guy and then OC Bob Cole said "who cares."

I couldn't have said it better. MSU hasn't been UM's biggest game of the year for a long, long time. In the best of years, when the Bobcats were checking in their equipment, the Griz were looking at four more games against high caliber, new-found rivals the Bobcats have never even heard of. I would be much more disappointed as a fan if my team was one and done in the playoffs than if they lost to MSU in regular season.

The cats like use back to back winning seasons as an inspiration. The Griz haven't had a losing season in more than a decade. MSU might be in the same conference, but they're not in the same league.

Are all the friz fans actually that narrow minded to think that their run will be endless. As the world turns someday the friz will also. It may be a slow process but it will happen. If you think anything different, you are as shallow as your dreams of yearly national championships.

Your stadium talk is funny to all the MSU fans. Does a big screen win games? Has your bear ever scored a touchdown. Heck the friz fans didn't even have the smarts to return to the stadium during Cat friz for the second half in a close game until it was to late (the word loyality comes to mind). Of course by the time you did return from your purple campers it was all over. All of the missoula hippie, couch potato, burners only feel more at home I guess.

Current Big Sky Champs
Bobcats

The Griz will always beat the Bobcats the vast majority of the time. That's how it has always been in every era with all the great players and coaches we've had. My question is: are cat fans really that narrow-minded to think that Mike Kramer is their own little Jesus Christ who will suddenly turn the Cats into a National Championship contender? If you think that only 60 minutes of football is going to reverse the course of football history, you have much to learn, little fella. Say no to drugs. They'll kill your brain cells, no doubt a limited commodity in your part of the world.

hey bronco - talk up your new coach all you want - but how does it feel to settle for your third choice???? Everybody knows the first two candidates the Griz sought turned them down - perhaps they did not want to go down with the sinking ship??? So what - now you hire a guy who is out of favor with a mediocre Pac 10 school? Bravo!!!! Face it, the rest of the Big Sky has caught up, not only the Cats - who will kick your ass again just like last year. That must have hurt - losing to your arch rival and losing the Big Sky Championship in such an overwhelming whoopin - and I don't mean the score - you physically got pounded.

I have two words for all you tree huggin' basket weavers - Jason Goodman. Remember the name - not only does it signal a change in recruiting in the state - it also reflects the downward spiral of the Griz. I think Goodman said it best, when the Griz made a last ditch effort to recruit the best Montana recruit in years - he brought them in his living room, sat down, and calmly said, "Boys your waisting your time - I'm a Bobcat."

Enjoy.

Hey poorgrizzlies - who were our first two choices? I am curious. The guy from Grand Valley State was told after his interview he wasn't going to get it as he had absolutely no connections to Montana or the Pacific Northwest (remember Earl Solomonson?). Pflugrad had no staff put together, and interviewed terribly. So, I am wondering who our first 2 choices were.

This comes from a person who was with Hogan on the interviews. I am interested to know who your source is. Pete Faggan?

C'mon, please enlighten us with your insider wisdom.

By the way, I think the odds are pretty good for the Bobcats. In fact, I am willing to bet you will double your current rate, and beat us once every 8 or 9 years.

p.g., I 'd expect that kind of a response from someone who lives in a town where everyone is related to eachother. 19 starters back from an 11-3 team, and you call that a sinking ship. You were all crying for the end when Dennehy left and Glenn was hired, but our program is in much better shape even than it was back then. And the Griz/Cat game had "fluke" all over it. You only assume that is must have hurt because you've known the feeling year after year after year. No, the attitude us Griz fans have had all this time as the streak built was only pity for your sorry excuse for a football program. But now, after last year's fiasco, we're all just eagerly awaiting the next season and sweet redemption this November. Enjoy the off-season, hillbillies. Next year everything will be back to normal.

Of course you had to bring up Jason Goodman, but that is laughable. No but seriously, I'll enjoy watching him turn you guy's into national contenders. :lol: Trust me, the real men from CMR are wearing Maroon and Silver already. Oh what's this, Nick Dissly would rather play basketball for a sucky school than play football for one.

Bobcats said:
Are all the friz fans actually that narrow minded to think that their run will be endless. As the world turns someday the friz will also. It may be a slow process but it will happen. If you think anything different, you are as shallow as your dreams of yearly national championships.

Your stadium talk is funny to all the MSU fans. Does a big screen win games? Has your bear ever scored a touchdown. Heck the friz fans didn't even have the smarts to return to the stadium during Cat friz for the second half in a close game until it was to late (the word loyality comes to mind). Of course by the time you did return from your purple campers it was all over. All of the missoula hippie, couch potato, burners only feel more at home I guess.

Current Big Sky Champs
Bobcats

That's CO-Champs. UM......ISU................................msu.

1) We only offered Goodman a partial ride, and have three TE's that he would sit behind...and he didn't want to do that, or look at switching to D, and pay part of his own tuition.

2) We are CO-Champs......We get the same little banner you and ISU get...the difference is that we have banners for the last 8 or 9 years....this is your first since 1984.....and that is laughable! :lol:

3) I'm pretty sure that we got our first choice of coach....I think some fans may have hoped for one of the other guys, but they did not do the interviewing. I think that most are real happy with the new coach. I am.

4) The ship is not sinking, and the crew will be one of the best we've had. You will find out next year why we are not only the best team in the Big Sky every year, but why we are one of the best teams in the Nation every year. You better pray for a blizzard Nov. 22....... :roll:

5) The Stadium and Big Screen don't win games....they do help win stud recruits though. It also aids in making the game day expierence the best in 1-AA. Jealousy is a B****!

6) I don't think that we are so narrow mined to think that we won't have some down years. All programs do. FSU, Norte Dame, Nebraska, ect...but all will be back up. But I have a Question for you.......Are you so narrow minded to see that last year was our down year??? We will be back up real quick. :wink:

7) Bob kittens SUCK.......They always have, they always will.

I spent what seemed like an eternity living for 10 months in bozeman. The only town where I lived for the day I could see the place in my rear view mirror. When that blessed day arrived I actually stopped the car and rejoiced at the sight of that overcrowded, backward provincial s*** hole framed in my rear view - what a glorious sight.

Griz let you nitwits in by accident- you are really embarrasing yourselves by letting it go to your heads, but we all know you can't help it. Grab your ankles kitties, here come the Griz.

Co-Champs ha your saying you deserve a co championship???....You say its a fluke 10-7 did you watch the game? Rino 4+ yards a pop and a bunch of primadonnas slipping and falling while trying to play defense. Your offense showed no heart and neither did your coach. We would have won that game in any conditions if thats all you had to bring to the table. The weather was a problem for both teams. If you would have scored 21 we would have had 30. We will look forward to handing glenn his second loss from the same team. :cry:

We will see how it plays out. With your padded schedule you guys will always do alright. Your system is set up that way.
Idaho you got to be kidding me. Your one up game leaves little to be desired. What are they 121 of 121 in power polls. Its like we have to go one up we might as well go for the crappiest team in the country.

As far as enjoying a victory (over you) whats so bad about that?? Do you friz fans think we should feel lucky? Did you expect anything different. Your excellent quarterback (whom alot of friz fans slam) said it was the most dissapointing loss of his 4 years. Ya were gonna enjoy ourselves.

YOUR LOYALITY IS DAY TO DAY you loose a couple of games and the qb sucks the coach gave up....You don't think people see that?

Back