• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/cat x2

NLGrizFan

With all the hype of spring ball going on its making me think about the possibilities of 2 Griz/cat games this season. Anyone out there wanna shoot down my thinkin? (lol)

Nope, I thoroughly like that idea. The more CatGriz the better! And I believe it's also entirely possible that CatGriz will determine the Big Sky champion as well.

I'd really like to see it happen! Especially in the playoffs. But... we all know how the NCAA works. I would imagine that they'd make it impossible for a Griz/cat NC game. Haha...

we both look like playoff teams, which is step one to making that possible. with ndsu and shsu lurking around i don't see it happening in the chip. it just depends on how the early rounds are bracketed.

griznation23 said:
Is there a chance for that at all? Cat vs Griz in ship or only in semi final game?
I really doubt the NCAA would allow the braket to come down to that but who knows.
And yes, I agree NDSU and SHSU is still lurking around. I "heard" NDSU only lost 4 seniors. I don't know how true that is tho. It almost don't make any sense that a ton of Juniors won the NC, again for the 2nd season in a row.

Would be pleasantly surprised that each would get by Q/finals, & we will probably both be in the same bracket. :coffee:

RABIDAWG said:
Would be pleasantly surprised that each would get by Q/finals, & we will probably both be in the same bracket. :coffee:
For sure. I wouldn't mind seein a Griz/cat playoff game tho.

I think it's possible...not very probable, but possible...during the last Griz NC run 2001 - or maybe the year before, I think the Griz and Cats were in opposite brackets...but I really think that all comes down to how strong the east coast teams do...maybe?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I think it's possible...not very probable, but possible...during the last Griz NC run 2001 - or maybe the year before, I think the Griz and Cats were in opposite brackets...but I really think that all comes down to how strong the east coast teams do...maybe?
Maybe next season with the loss of App St and GS might allow for some different bracketing. There was a post on here of sereral different teams possibly moving to the FBS. I think NDSU was listed on there too. I really hope we stay in the FCS. I'm not a big fan of Bowl games...

garizzalies said:
it almost happened after hell froze over but those damn pesky McNeese State Cowboys wouldn't let it.
I remember that. I coulda happened in 2011 if the cats weren't scared to come to Wa-Griz after the SHSU game, Haha Jk. I'd hope that's not the reason they lost the way they did.

I think it is a very good possibility to meet in the playoffs (best guess quarterfinals, or semi finals). The playoff committee is big on keeping teams in their region to save travel costs ...especially if your a top 4-6 team at the end of the year...

I expect both teams to make a strong push in the playoffs...with the Big Sky getting 3-4 teams in.

Quite a few years ago, I think it was in 2007, when the cats and the Griz both made the playoffs they were on separate sides of the bracket so, theoretically, they could have met in the championship game

Fahque said:
Quite a few years ago, I think it was in 2007, when the cats and the Griz both made the playoffs they were on separate sides of the bracket so, theoretically, they could have met in the championship game
It was 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fahque said:
Fahque said:
It was 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh so close to a Griz/App Championship game. Oh oh epic that would have been! Now we'll never know :cry:

Latest posts

Back