• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Cat Is Just Another BSC Game

Grizzoola

DONOR
No, really. Get your heads out of your asses. There's talent on other teams, out there that have a BSC championship & playoffs on their agendas, as well. They'll have wins over MT & MSU as only one more opponent to defeat on their way to championship/playoffs. Maybe big wins, but wins, nonetheless. All they want are more wins than losses, regardless of opponent.

Gezzus! This fixation between Griz & Bobcat fans is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic! What the hell does anyone know about the Griz vs., say, ND? SacSt? Even UNC? CalPoly? Nobody knows anything & apparently doesn't care, so fixated on Griz/Cat.

Rachac on Cat/Griz Insider has evaluated, fairly, I think, top ten players in the BSC in their respective positions, and the talent is pretty spread around in the BSC. Other teams are placing players in these assessments, as much, if not more than either the Griz or Cats.

There's a lot of talent out there in the BSC & Griz fans are stupid if all they can think about is beating the Cats, or vise versa. So, the season can tank, but we beat the Cats, that's the only thing you want? What idiocy!

Grow up, boys. Other BSC teams are practicing, developing talent, just as much as the Cats & Griz are. It's not just about Cat/Griz, altho you'd think that's the case from reading this board. Well, I left out AppSt, but that's another story. What a bunch of nonsense.

Grizzoola said:
No, really. Get your heads out of your asses. There's talent on other teams, out there that have a BSC championship & playoffs on their agendas, as well. They'll have wins over MT & MSU as only one more opponent to defeat on their way to championship/playoffs. Maybe big wins, but wins, nonetheless. All they want are more wins than losses, regardless of opponent.

Gezzus! This fixation between Griz & Bobcat fans is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic! What the hell does anyone know about the Griz vs., say, ND? SacSt? Even UNC? CalPoly? Nobody knows anything & apparently doesn't care, so fixated on Griz/Cat.

Rachac on Cat/Griz Insider has evaluated, fairly, I think, top ten players in the BSC in their respective positions, and the talent is pretty spread around in the BSC. Other teams are placing players in these assessments, as much, if not more than either the Griz or Cats.

There's a lot of talent out there in the BSC & Griz fans are stupid if all they can think about is beating the Cats, or vise versa. So, the season can tank, but we beat the Cats, that's the only thing you want? What idiocy!

Grow up, boys. Other BSC teams are practicing, developing talent, just as much as the Cats & Griz are. It's not just about Cat/Griz, altho you'd think that's the case from reading this board. Well, I left out AppSt, but that's another story. What a bunch of nonsense.

I completely agree that there is some serious talent spread throughout the BSC. However, just having a few quality players instead of depth at every position is what has distinguished the state of Montana, and EWU, from the rest.

Outside of UM, Bozo, and EWU, there have only been four instances (Cal Poly '12, Weber '08, NAU '03, and Idaho St '02) of other teams in the conference being co-champions and zero outright champions since 1992. So people aren't completely irrational with the UM/Bozo debate.

Grizzoola said:

I sense that you feel strongly about this.

Yep, EWU, Cal Poly, GRIZ, MSU, maybe NAU are all in the hunt. Sac St was looking good last year, never know about Weber having Phlu, and UND I think could sniff around! Besides MSU, I am worried about Cal Poly and EWU! About 8 of the 13 BSC teams are looking/contending at the TOP of the BSC! They better give us at least 3 playoff spots this year!

AllWeatherFan said:
Grizzoola said:
No, really. Get your heads out of your asses. Yadda, yadda, yadda...more here...blah, blah, blah

I sense that you feel strongly about this.

I disagree. If he felt strongly about it he would have used more exclamations points or gone to all-caps. Frankly, it was so emotionless that I didn't read past the first sentence and only scanned the rest for exclamation points and capital letters...

YITB

Griz/Cats is just another BSC game. however, we really would like to whomp them, eh? We want to win all the games, but shmucking the Cats would be especially pleasant.

Grizzoola said:

......Yawn

It must be time for your nap..

Spanky said:
David: You called it. The most important win for the Griz is the cats....no question!

Now you've done it, Spanky! You've gone and pissed him off. Wait 'til he unleashes even more exclamation points on your ass!

Grizzola, r u not from Montana? Have you no sense if rivalries? Do you think there is a bigger rivalry for the griz then the bobkittins? Bobby Hauck said it best when he said the griz and cats could be playing tiddlywinks out in the middle of no where and it would still be a sellout out crowd. We could each be winless Goin into that game(God forbid)and the stadium would still sell out. I know I've already wasted too much time telling you your WRONG but I can't help it. That's how much it means to me and I'm just a fan. The kids have to gear up for every game but they always get a little more up for cat/griz. Sure there are some other good teams out there but they come and go. The cats will always b a rivalry no matter how bad they get. Get off your soapbox cus it's made of rotten wood and falling apart

I just watched the "NC" video..the "NC" on their helmut stands for "no chance". As far as this everyone else is practicing sh!t...ah... I need a new roll of ass wipe please. :roll: :egriz:

BWahlberg said:
It's called rivalry...

Look it up or might have to bust out the ponies again #OccupyGrizzoola
Pretty shallow, BW. You know what to do w/ your ponies. Of course it's a rivalry, but with the threads/posts these past few weeks, you'd think the Cats are the only team the Griz play or should be concerned about. And, with the number of Cat fans on this board, you'd think that's all they think about. Pretty sick when you have to spend so much time on an opponent's board talking nothing but smack.

BW, you're about the only eGrizzer who has the ability to analyze other BSC teams, like you do the Griz. Maybe not as thorough, but I think this board needs to look outward instead of focusing on just the Cats. Not expecting you to do what Rachac does, but if you can/would, some insight re: Griz success vs. other teams than the Cats would be helpful.

Maybe eGrizzers living in cities with opposing teams could contribute some insights into those teams, a kind of scouting.

After all, beating the Cats, alone, isn't going to get the Griz into the playoffs, even tho such a victory is sweet. And, I'm sure, Coach Delaney & staff & Griz players are more focused on the rest of the BSC, as they should be, other than just beating the Cats.

Grizzoola said:
BWahlberg said:
It's called rivalry...

Pretty shallow, BW. You know what to do w/ your ponies. Of course it's a rivalry, but with the threads/posts these past few weeks, you'd think the Cats are the only team the Griz play or should be concerned about. And, with the number of Cat fans on this board, you'd think that's all they think about. Pretty sick when you have to spend so much time on an opponent's board talking nothing but smack.

BW, you're about the only eGrizzer who has the ability to analyze other BSC teams, like you do the Griz. Maybe not as thorough, but I think this board needs to look outward instead of focusing on just the Cats. Not expecting you to do what Rachac does, but if you can/would, some insight re: Griz success vs. other teams than the Cats would be helpful.

Maybe eGrizzers living in cities with opposing teams could contribute some insights into those teams, a kind of scouting.

After all, beating the Cats, alone, isn't going to get the Griz into the playoffs, even tho such a victory is sweet. And, I'm sure, Coach Delaney & staff & Griz players are more focused on the rest of the BSC, as they should be, other than just beating the Cats.

Your boy Bobby Hauck would take serious offense to your attitude vs the cats. :p

Psh

why talk about any of them
85% home and away bigsky winning percentage last quarter century...

FBS anyone?

b58aaa6fdc13c1a66a18a8e70f51d893.jpg

FCS Most Victories since the millennium:

Team.......................Wins
1st. Montana....................142
2nd. %Appalachian St.........128
3rd. North Dakota...............109
4th. Dayton.....................109
5th. Northern Iowa..............107

FCS Best Winning Percentage

Team.....................W-L--(Pct.)
1st. Montana.................142-36-(.798)
4th. %Appalachian St......128-43-(.749)

Bunch a amateurs...

19 days...

Hammer said:
Grizzoola said:
BWahlberg said:
It's called rivalry...

Your boy Bobby Hauck would take serious offense to your attitude vs the cats. :p
:lol: :lol: Yep, ya got me there. I shouldn't have said Griz/Cat is just another BSC game. What I meant is that for the Griz to get to the playoffs, that's the way they have to look at it. I think Bobby used the rhetoric as a motivational tool, but knew well what a lot of eGrizzers don't seem to understand: It's getting to the playoffs & hopefully the NC. Griz/Cat is one game to help get them there. Beating the Cats is sweet, no question.

BTW, looks like BH will field a team he has been building over these last 3 disastrous seasons. I think the MWC & not a few eGrizzers will be surprised by the Rebel W/L end of this season. Maybe not a bowl, but the MWC will know UNLV is no longer a pushover. It wouldn't be BH. Griz South in Las Vegas will rise!

Spanky said:
You called it. The most important win for the Griz is defeating whoever is in front of them in the BSC Standings....no question!

Of course, there's a rivalry; but that's besides the point.

For being "just another BSC game" it sure seems like the road to a Big Sky Conference championship seems to run through one or both cities EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

if you have to start a thread titled "griz/cat is just another bsc game" the 2nd week in august.....there's a chance that "griz/cat" is not just another bcs game....

jesus. at least when alpha creates the stupidest threads you can think of he does it intentionally and for effect... wow.

:eek:

Back