• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Cat Insider 2013 BSC Position Rankings - DBs

Grizzoola

DONOR
Something to gnaw on. Insider likes Hermy (#6 out of 10).

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/big-sky-position-rankings-defensive-backs/article_a25b9b2c-b834-11e2-9d5b-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grizzoola said:

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/big-sky-position-rankings-defensive-backs/article_a25b9b2c-b834-11e2-9d5b-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Hermanson's going to have a fantastic year. Mostly due to improvement in the corners. Last year, nearly every corner we were using was being broken in.

Next week he does linebackers. If the Griz don't have 3 on that list I'll be shocked.

grizfan95 said:
Grizzoola said:

I think Hermanson's going to have a fantastic year. Mostly due to improvement in the corners. Last year, nearly every corner we were using was being broken in.

Next week he does linebackers. If the Griz don't have 3 on that list I'll be shocked.

Agree on both counts. If all three linebackers aren't at the top of that list then it was just because they wanted to make it "fair".

There's a link at the bottom of that write up to Hermy's stats from '11, a year when most egrizzers thought he was a rockstar. His 2012 stats are not that different. They're down a bit, but not as much as you'd expect.

2012 #7 Bijon Samoodi (3 yr starter) returns to Cal Poly's line up after sitting out 2012 with an injury.

Also Cal Poly safety Alex Hubard should be on the list. Looks and plays like (smaller version) Troy Polamalu. WRs going across the middle better have their heads on a swivel.

What really caught my attention is the number of Scats on that list. Apparently their secondary is going to be a strength? Given previous years I have to ask - can they tackle? Hopefully the Griz surprise us in the secondary this year. God knows they have received enough criticism from fans (including myself here).

I see the value in the Insider rankings as estimating relative strengths of opposition teams, not just the Griz, and the Cats are placing many players this year in the top 10 rankings. You can charge this to Insider bias for the Cats, but I think Rachac is trying to be as objective and fair as he can. Too bad the Missoulian doesn't have a like blog for comparison; if it does, I'm unaware of it.

For example, UNC, which we love to denigrate, has some players on these lists, and EWU has its share, as well. I don't believe the Griz will have a cakewalk this season in the BSC. Except for Panhandle State, I see every game as a serious challenge for the Griz, and, we better watch out for PS, as well. An upset would be very hard to take.

Back