• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Cat II - Just a thought

cadwiz30

DONOR
I think the Griz and Cats will be put in the same group of 4 in the playoffs. That could mean if the Cats can pull an upset in their first game and the Griz can get a win in the first game then they would meet in the second round. I know that is a whole lot of "ifs" but I would love to see them again, I could care less where we played them, here or there, I just want another shot. 3 more hours until the selection show.

It would be here Cad.......

And yes it's very possible that senerio could happen, but not very probable. Montana State will be 16th seed, at 7-5 they will have the worst record in the tournament and will be the last seed. They will play at McNeese the first round. Ouch!

If they pull off the "MIRACLE UPSET" it's really good for us because we get a HOME game with them instead of traveling to McNeese.

This is all speculation based on possible regional seedings.

When's that seeding show?

I'll be rooting for the damnable Bobcats at McNeese...one pair that I don't think we have to wait for the seeding show to determine, but if they can beat the Griz in Missoula and then turn around and beat the Pokes in the Hole, I'm not sure we want to face them again. I'll be ready for hibernation at that point. I realize that is a humongous 'if'.

Sportin' Life said:
When's that seeding show?

I'll be rooting for the damnable Bobcats at McNeese...one pair that I don't think we have to wait for the seeding show to determine, but if they can beat the Griz in Missoula and then turn around and beat the Pokes in the Hole, I'm not sure we want to face them again. I'll be ready for hibernation at that point. I realize that is a humongous 'if'.

If I am reading this schedule right, it is at 11:00 on ESPNews.

Good call on the playoff possibilities, Cadwiz. Looks like there will be some trips from Montana to Louisianna happening. Northwestern St. is an option team right? The defense is going to have to do some homework, but hopefully this will be a warm up on how to defend the option.

Would be nice if the Bobcats could get the job done and save us the awful expense of going down to Lake Charles, I guess.

Go GRIZ!

go bobcats.

I will be rooting for the Cats to win next weekend, I know this goes against being a Griz fan but wouldn't that be great to see the Cats one more time this year! The Griz/Cat game is the biggest thing in Montana every year, to be able to do it twice in one year would be awesome, besides, I want another shot at the Cats and I don't want to have to wait until next year to get it.

Northwestern does run the option some, but they run a pro set more. A lot of dives, traps, and counter running.

Plus a really fast defense........ :-?

cadwiz30 said:
The Griz/Cat game is the biggest thing in Montana every year, to be able to do it twice in one year would be awesome, besides, I want another shot at the Cats and I don't want to have to wait until next year to get it.
Or, to put it in the words of Mike Kramer, that would be "more better." :lol:

Don't know if my body could take another Cat/Griz in 2 weeks, but I can think of nothing better than doing yesterday all over again. The Cats believe they can beat anybody, and will expect to win next Saturday.

Sorry...I can't bet agaisnt a team I would like to win. The Best Chance the Griz Have to get another ring is for the Cats to beat the Cowboys..... So this week only, I will cheer the cats.

Bleedinbluengold said:
I'll take the Cats and those 30, if you're Griz enough to make the bet.

Ummm, I hate to say this as a Griz, but I'm going to be pulling for the Cats this Saturday.

And I'm really going to be pulling for the Griz.

Go Griz!

Back