• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz camps

putter

DONOR
Just looking for a little info. I signed my son up for the overnight individual camp this summer. He is pretty excited to go for 4 days. Has anyone sent their son/daughter to these camps? Were they worth the investment? Thanks in advance.

putter said:
Just looking for a little info. I signed my son up for the overnight individual camp this summer. He is pretty excited to go for 4 days. Has anyone sent their son/daughter to these camps? Were they worth the investment? Thanks in advance.

Put your mind at ease. I worked every camp for several years with LK, then Wayne. It is a great camp. Also a great chance to interact with the coaches and get to know them more personally. Congrats, hope more parents will follow your lead. :thumb:

If anyone is there this week we would love to hear a report on how the team looks. Please, please! This board is starving for information.

The team looks good. I saw KJ, Wiley, Hutch, Martin and Gregory there. Probably others I just didn't see. It's a huge camp with age divisions spread over all the gyms in the Adams complex. Freddy is still there helping, along with all of the staff, some football players, lady Griz, former Griz players Weisner and D. Selvig and Joslyn Tinkle. My son said BQ stopped in as he has he past 2 years. Word is Joslyn got drafted by the wNBA but no confirm on that.

All Griz hoop fans alert: We Need Tres Tinkle! This kid is really strong now. Dropping threes and 360s on the staff during the camp all-star game. Another Spoja on the way up too. Several promising high school players at camp this year I thought.

Among active Griz, Wiley is taller and bigger I swear. Hutch is bigger. Martin maybe bigger although he needs a lot more.

Good camp. Well organized. Lots of "Griz family" there, Deden, Hill, Gragg, and I'm sure many I don't know. It's cool to see this homecoming of sorts.

Buttegrizzle said:
The team looks good. I saw KJ, Wiley, Hutch, Martin and Gregory there. Probably others I just didn't see. It's a huge camp with age divisions spread over all the gyms in the Adams complex. Freddy is still there helping, along with all of the staff, some football players, lady Griz, former Griz players Weisner and D. Selvig and Joslyn Tinkle. My son said BQ stopped in as he has he past 2 years. Word is Joslyn got drafted by the wNBA but no confirm on that.

All Griz hoop fans alert: We Need Tres Tinkle! This kid is really strong now. Dropping threes and 360s on the staff during the camp all-star game. Another Spoja on the way up too. Several promising high school players at camp this year I thought.

Among active Griz, Wiley is taller and bigger I swear. Hutch is bigger. Martin maybe bigger although he needs a lot more.

Good camp. Well organized. Lots of "Griz family" there, Deden, Hill, Gragg, and I'm sure many I don't know. It's cool to see this homecoming of sorts.

Since when has Weisner been a "FORMER" Griz player?

Buttegrizzle said:

The update is appreciated. I miss attending the camps and watching the players hoop. Good to hear the bigs are bigger. How did all the players look as for their games?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Putter, did your kid(s) enjoy the camp?

He loved it. Really enjoyed interacting with Kareem and Jordan. Said he and Jordan had a contest to see who could hit a 3 to buy the other something at the concession stand, he said it was a tie. :D He said there was a lot of great players there and Tres Tinkle is a great player but kind of a ball hog. Was impressed by Joslyn. Said she was really nice and had a lot of good things to say to the campers but was in a boot so she could not play. He said they had a game between the camp all-stars and the coaches and he got to sit between Coach Tinkle and Martin. My son is 5' 2" sitting between them.. I wish I had a camera.

putter said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Putter, did your kid(s) enjoy the camp?

He loved it. Really enjoyed interacting with Kareem and Jordan. Said he and Jordan had a contest to see who could hit a 3 to buy the other something at the concession stand, he said it was a tie. :D He said there was a lot of great players there and Tres Tinkle is a great player but kind of a ball hog. Was impressed by Joslyn. Said she was really nice and had a lot of good things to say to the campers but was in a boot so she could not play. He said they had a game between the camp all-stars and the coaches and he got to sit between Coach Tinkle and Martin. My son is 5' 2" sitting between them.. I wish I had a camera.
Awesome! That's great to hear.

Latest posts

Back