• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz backing out on an offer

mtgrl

Rumor has it that the Griz backed out on their offer for Chris Sundberg from Columbus. Does anyone have any more information on this?

As for MT kids playing QB, I heard they were more excited about Thomas as a potential QB or any position for that matter. Better foot work, vision etc. Note, My info did not come from a coach.
Here is a good article from today's Missoulian.
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2003/12/07/sports/sports03.txt

The defensive yards per were eye opening, though they did have a huge lapse against WIU.
Also interesting about Reads first year as coach were the lower passing yards per game. I agree with most of you, we should have adjusted our passing game or gone to the 2 min. offense more, but that is being nit picking. Just like Read adjusted, I bet Hauck will also. Overall Hauck did alright for 1st year. I am excited to see his recruits. Has anybody heard how solid the possible Notre Dame and OK. State transfer WR's are.

I have heard about the possible transfer of a WR from Notre Dame, but nothing about one from Ok State. Also has anybody heard anything about a backup QB from Florida or Florida State who has inquired about transfering here???

has offers from Wyo and CSU (maybe not a QB though) I don't think the Griz would land him. He was leaning towards CSU last I heard.

He was a stud at the CSU camp last summer

billings_poke said:
has offers from Wyo and CSU (maybe not a QB though) I don't think the Griz would land him. He was leaning towards CSU last I heard.

He was a stud at the CSU camp last summer

Eh...........who?

does anyone know for sure whether or not the Griz did back out on him?? i am trying to get an answer.

NativeGriz said:
Here is a good article from today's Missoulian.
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2003/12/07/sports/sports03.txt

The defensive yards per were eye opening, though they did have a huge lapse against WIU.
Also interesting about Reads first year as coach were the lower passing yards per game. I agree with most of you, we should have adjusted our passing game or gone to the 2 min. offense more, but that is being nit picking. Just like Read adjusted, I bet Hauck will also. Overall Hauck did alright for 1st year.

I'm sure this will sound worse than i mean it, but Read didn't take over a program with the same advantages the Griz have now. And also, Nevada-Reno, Boise, and Idaho were very strong back then.
Not bashing hauck, but Read took over a program in a crappy state of affairs and turned it into what it is now.
Hauck is sorta in a no-win situation in some ways in that if he doesn't win nearly all his games we'll be less that completely satisfyied and if he takes to a NC win we'll be expecting that.

In short. I'm sticking up for Read where rial cummings chose to compare Haucks first year to Read's early tenure which isn't fair to either coach and rediculous. It would be more fair to compare to Glenn or Dennehy as they inherited the program already running nicely.

billings_poke said:
Sundberg QB columbus...see thread top

Eh.....yeah, I did, and that was why I asked. There were about five different guys that had been mentioned in the thread by the time you wrote the the post with only undefined pronouns. :wink:

Anywho~ thanks.

Griz Manina, I agree 100% about Read not having as much to work with when he started. My point about Hauck is, this was his first year. I believe he will change and improve. Some key skill players share this opinion. I also like his attitude about recruiting MT kids 1st. Getting the GF WR is a good start. Go Griz

agreed.

My point was directed more at cummings and kasper who are using Read's 88 season as a comparision, and its poor journalism IMHO.

In regard to Hauck i like many things about him...more than i don't.

For a first time HC he's doing alright. about how i expected. i also agree with Hauck and others that like the DC and its pretty clear he is competent. while i have no facts to stand behind, i think the secondary coaches must be ok also as the corners got better as the year went on.
I also think the oline got better also. granted, it was a very experienced bunch ,but several changed positions which isn't the easiest thing to do.
RB's got better also which says good things about the RB's coach.
I won't talk about the wr coach or the OC/qb's coach at this time.

but back to the main thread...the Bagley get is AWESOME!!!

Latest posts

Back