• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz and the Option

HiddenGriz

My wife found this so I have to give her credit... WIU has only lost two games to I-AA teams both of which are option teams they also have injuries in their secondary and have an inability to stop the option plus they have players siting that I believe our in their secondary so look for the GRIZ to run the option....

The way things have been going I think our option will consist of "Green to the right" or "Green to the left"!...............Hope its effective the entire game.

However, my gut feeling (maybe it's just a hope) is that our passing game opens up a bit.

Our passing game will have to open up. We will not run straight at this team with a whole lot of success. They have an absolute stud at MLB. Lee Russell.....can run with the best of them. And a good SS. They even slowed the LSU run game...... But they had weaknesses against the pass. And I see that they let a few terrible teams pass a lot on them toward the end of the year....and made a few games closer than they should have been.

They also stopped a very good option team in the defending National Champs, WKU. I don't think that our little gimmick play is quite as effective as any of those teams. JMO.

Ochs will have to be able to read and throw......and hopefully the coaches will have confidence in him to do so.

Quit playing not to lose...and play to blow somebody out.
Play scared....like we did in the NAU game.

GeauxGriz said:
Our passing game will have to open up. We will not run straight at this team with a whole lot of success. They have an absolute stud at MLB. Lee Russell.....can run with the best of them. And a good SS. They even slowed the LSU run game...... But they had weaknesses against the pass. And I see that they let a few terrible teams pass a lot on them toward the end of the year....and made a few games closer than they should have been.

They also stopped a very good option team in the defending National Champs, WKU. I don't think that our little gimmick play is quite as effective as any of those teams. JMO.

Ochs will have to be able to read and throw......and hopefully the coaches will have confidence in him to do so.

Quit playing not to lose...and play to blow somebody out.
Play scared....like we did in the NAU game.

Good points top to bottom.

I said weeks ago that the two teams that would give the Griz the greatest challenge would be Delaware and WIU because they have a good passing attack, and good D.

in regard to our passing game, we'll do ok if the OC actually decides medium passes are ok. 3rd and 5? don't send everyone 20 yards when 7 will move the chains...thats a different rant so i'll quit there for now.

The key in this one will be the play of our LBs in coverage, because they'll need to. and the DL's ability to create pressure. if we can create pressure their qb wont do so hot.

Geaux, you will be right about about Running game IF and only IF we dont find a decent passing attack. If we can move the ball through the air our ground game will do just fine....they're better than you're giving them credit. (and yes, i've seen WIU play on TV :D )

Oh, one more thing...gimmikie crap aint gonna cut it.

Amen Grizmania!!!!
I also hope we use this cold to our advantage. Short patterns can't be stopped when the footing gets bad. I don't think the OC used this nearly enough on saturday. We used to dominate opposing teams in the cold, they didn't even want to be out on the field!!
Since last years loss to the Boobcats, it looks like we're the ones who don't want to be out there when it gets chilly.

Back