• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Article about A.Johnson

Proud Griz Man

DONOR
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/mens-basketball/speltz-never-lose-sight-of-the-light/article_63f5c7ea-9f07-11e2-acf4-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

50d8f59b6234d.preview-620.jpg

Falling so far in such a short period of time messed with Anthony Johnson’s mind.

... The part Johnson never told anyone, other than his best friend and wife, Shaunte, was that he was losing his sight. Even in college his left eye gave him trouble, the result of blunt force trauma as a kid that caused a cataract.

He quietly managed what he calls “a dirty windshield” while playing for the Grizzlies. Then his vision grew progressively worse after leaving Missoula. Besides the cataract, a lung condition called sarcoidosis caused swelling behind both eyes. “It got so bad where I couldn’t see a foot in front of me,” Johnson told the Missoulian from his home in Tacoma, Wash. “I totally couldn’t see the rim anymore, couldn’t see people’s faces. In 2011, I couldn’t see anything, so basketball was off the table. “I was pretty much sitting in a room for two years. I couldn’t cross the street without getting hit by a car, couldn’t cook. I was completely vulnerable and Shaunte took care of me.”

Great Article, I pray AJ lives his basketball dreams. Whenever the day comes to hang up the basketball shoes, I hope you swap them out for a clipboard and whistle. I feel you would be one dynamic coach, and a difference maker, just as you were with the GRIZ. Anthony Johnson, was the biggest part of GRIZ Basketball resurgence, to me he is an all time great.

Back