• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Goodwin named Big Sky defensive player of the week

Good for Anthony. Funny story. There was a Griz fan walking up the steps right past me right after the pass that went 73 yards for a touchdown. As he walked past me I overheard him say "That's Goodwin. Always has his back to the ball." Funny part is (as most of you know) it was Dennard on the coverage, while Goodwin was defending on the opposite side of the field.

We Griz fans are a hilarious bunch sometimes.

FamilyMan said:
Good for Anthony. Funny story. There was a Griz fan walking up the steps right past me right after the pass that went 73 yards for a touchdown. As he walked past me I overheard him say "That's Goodwin. Always has his back to the ball." Funny part is (as most of you know) it was Dennard on the coverage, while Goodwin was defending on the opposite side of the field.

Yeah, I had a guy behind me yelling at Trent McKinney (because he saw #11) all day for his shitty pass coverage. "C'mon Trent, get your shit togeather, etc."

The guy’s a season ticket holder and has been there for as long as I can remember. Impressive.

Raider said:
FamilyMan said:

Yeah, I had a guy behind me yelling at Trent McKinney (because he saw #11) all day for his shitty pass coverage. "C'mon Trent, get your shit togeather, etc."

The guy’s a season ticket holder and has been there for as long as I can remember. Impressive.

You can't fix stupid.

Raider said:
FamilyMan said:

Trent did underperform sending those playcalls in from the bench from what I saw or have been told by rimrock.

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
FamilyMan said:

You can't fix stupid.
+1

Htowngriz said:
Strange, I was told our defense sucks.

Just what I was thinking - "Pretty good for a guy from a 'shi**y defense.' Well deserved. Guy had a great game. The one-handed interception was awesome!

mikegriz said:
... Well deserved. Guy had a great game. The one-handed interception was awesome!
Absolutely. :clap:

That happens in an FBS venue, it would show up on ESPN Sportcenter. Too bad the highlight video at gogriz.com doesn't show the best angle -- which was upfield and across. You could really see how high he went up, and how his body extended to palm the ball with that one stretched hand. Wonder if someone has that isolated and could shoot it off to the Sportscenter folks?

I would appreciate it if you guys would quit calling him Chief I find it very offensive. I don't want to offend people of color the way you guys do so willy nilly around here.

Thanks from Native American

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I would appreciate it if you guys would quit calling him Chief I find it very offensive. I don't want to offend people of color the way you guys do so willy nilly around here.

Says the D-bag with the confederate flag in his signature line. :roll:

biga75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Bone up on your history.....toolbag.

Heritage not hate.........but you already know that

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Alpha = PC

Yeah I can't buy that :lol: :lol:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
biga75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Do tell about your Southern heritage.

Htowngriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
biga75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Do tell about your Southern heritage.

Another thread derailed. :roll: Anyway, glad Anthony "Chief" Goodwin got the nod. Congratulations.

Chief was named National Co-Defensive POW by The Sports Network

CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

Anthony Goodwin, Montana, CB, Sr., 6-1, 180, Murrieta, Calif.

Goodwin's impact was felt not in the number of tackles he had, but against Portland State's passing game. The junior recorded seven pass deflections against the Vikings - the most by any FCS player this season - and had two interceptions for good measure, both of which led to Montana touchdowns. His first interception came in the first quarter of the 55-27 Big Sky rout, while his second came in the third quarter. Goodwin added three tackles in the win.

http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4629990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back