• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Goin to Maine?

GeauxGriz

Just booked a flight, and so I am riding the adrenalin rush that follows when one knows that they get to go see the GRIZ LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

So....who else is going? GGG? Bular....Bular? Hope that the wife and I can meet a few of y'all at the GAME!!!! :wink:

Last year I was able to go the first and the last Griz games of the year. I hope that will be the case again this year....however, I hope the last game this year will be the trip up to Chattanooga! :D

Wife and I are in negotiations on this one. We're working through my recent salary cap issues as well as 'performance bonuses'. :lol: I just might hold out 'practice sessions' until we come to some agreement!

Too many cliche's here. It's a possibility, but nothing in stone yet.

P.S. It's Beuler you dummy :wink:

Got my tickets a couple of days ago. Still totally stoked about it. Flying into Providence, RI on a Southwest special from Portland, then taking a couple of days to drive up to Maine.

GGG: Actually, it's "Bueller", you dolt. :wink: :wink:

Booked my trip in March. Bangor, Portland, Boston -- five days $900 includes nice hotels, tours, travel and game ticket. Fly out of Washington. I can taste the lobster now.

You must have been watchin too much Spelling Bee today.....

Yes...it is Bueller. Let's get the ball rollin' and we'll discuss it over a beer in Maine!

I just found out today that I'll be going. Now if I can just arrange for trips to Flagstaff and Sacramento, and hope for home-field advantage in the playoffs, then I'll be set for the year. Let the good times roll.

My wife and I arrive in Boston on Tuesday. We'll be exploring the Green Mountains in Vermont and the White Mountains in New Hampshire. We'll also spend a day on the coast of Maine between Belfast and Bar Harbor. My great grandparents are buried at South Royalton, VT, so will visit there. Somehow I missed Geaux at Hofstra and McNeese. I'll save a Moose Drool for you Geaux!

Hey guys.......Just a few random thoughts for those of you traveling East.

I assume they are giving Montana a block of seats on the "visiting side". The good news is that you should get 50 yardline views. The bad news is that this is a very low metal bleacher grandstand. The top row is about 25 feet off the ground. Get seats as high up as possible and bring something to sit on if you are prone to "beacher butt".

For those of you driving up to Orono, be forewarned that this game is on Labor Day Weekend. The roads will be VERY busy in some areas (especially around the coast and I-95 North through Mass., NH, and into Maine. Avoid Friday afternoon/evening coming into Maine if you can. Also avoid Route 1 IF you are in a hurry to get somewhere (take the I-95 inland route).

Your best bets for scenic stops in Maine are Ogunquit (the beach is awesome), Kennebunkport (the Bush summer compound is here), Old Orchard Beach - A true honkytonk with rides and fast food galore, great beach), Portland (Old Port for shopping/micro-brews, Casco Bay Ferry for a short, inexpensive trip around the bay/island hopping), Freeport (LL Bean/outlet -o-rama), Boothbay Harbor (very quaint/picturesque, lots of boat excursions out of here), Camden (beautiful town, make sure to stop at Camden Hills State Park and drive to the top of Mt. Battie....bring your camera!), Bar Harbor/Acadia (the most famous of coastal spots....it will be VERY busy!), Bangor/Orono (make the UMaine campus your focal point here, Bangor Mall if you're bored, Stephen King's house if you're a fan).

In Orono.....To eat - Pat's Pizza - A shrine and mecca for students and alum....just don't expect anything fancy!, Maragaritas - Mexican and of course MARGARITAS!, The Black Bear Brew Pub - Never been here, but it seems popular during the school year, Governors - not a personal favorite, but popular with the locals....prices and desserts stand out.

Hope this helps.

Is it football season yet?

Thanks mainejeff. Looks like Maine has some classy fans. This could be the start of a beautiful...aaahhh, what's the word?

And Jimus, have a nice trip...I hope you get what you want, 'cause I want the same thing GO GRIZ!!!

Jimus said:
I just found out today that I'll be going. Now if I can just arrange for trips to Flagstaff and Sacramento, and hope for home-field advantage in the playoffs, then I'll be set for the year. Let the good times roll.

Lucky bastard.

No way I can take time off that early in the season. :cry:
I'll get to Missoula for one game and probably just the Cat-Griz game in Bozeman. No chance I'll miss that one. I usually can make it to any homefield playoff games...ought to be three this year.

Be safe, and Have FUN to all that are making the trip.

I guess I am somewhat of a bastard, as Maine is rather far from Missoula (refer to the quote below). I didn't go to the Hofstra or McNeese games last year, but the rest were within driving distance. I tell you who's lucky: the fans who got to go to Chattanooga in 2001.

Greetings from the northeast corner, folks.

It was just announced today that Northwest Airlines is providing new service to Bangor via its hub in Detroit. It's another service that has opened up to this area, so it may be a way to go for some of you.

We're looking forward to the season!

Jimus said:
I guess I am somewhat of a bastard, as Maine is rather far from Missoula (refer to the quote below). I didn't go to the Hofstra or McNeese games last year, but the rest were within driving distance. I tell you who's lucky: the fans who got to go to Chattanooga in 2001.

Was there. 50 yard line, 7th row....and loved every minute of it!!!

Go Griz!!!

Things aren't looking as swell for me anymore. I had to change my return flight a day earlier so I can make it to the REM concert in Missoula the day after the game, which is going to cost me about another $250. Bad timing all around, but I can't pass up this rare opportunity. A credit to all you GSU fans who browse this site; your state did produce my favorite band. Kudos to all of you.

Jimus said:
I tell you who's lucky: the fans who got to go to Chattanooga in 2001.

I was there on the field, and in the press box when Coach Glenn high-fived me. :) Even though some say it was a boring game I could not disagree more. Being from Chicago I love defensive contests.

Jimus said:
Things aren't looking as swell for me anymore. I had to change my return flight a day earlier so I can make it to the REM concert in Missoula the day after the game, which is going to cost me about another $250. Bad timing all around, but I can't pass up this rare opportunity. A credit to all you GSU fans who browse this site; your state did produce my favorite band. Kudos to all of you.

The Griz vs. REM? Such priorities!

The plan is both, but it'll cost me. I do have a life outside of the Griz...not much, but there's still a little room for other things. It's overwhelmingly Griz, I'll give you that.

Georgia produces a lot of artists and actors/actresses. I doubt you get many chances out there to see REM, and apparently you are a big enough fan to spend that kind of money on them.

I believe priorities are:
1. Family
2. Football
3. Football
4. Work (how else am i going to pay for the games?)
5. Football

Did I mention football? :p

Jimus said:
The plan is both, but it'll cost me. I do have a life outside of the Griz...not much, but there's still a little room for other things. It's overwhelmingly Griz, I'll give you that.

To be quite honest if the Griz and Pink Floyd were playing at the same time on the same day and I had to choose, I would go with Pink Floyd without thinking twice. I've got a few other interests outside of the Griz too. But somehow, someway, I usually find the way to fit in the games and have the best of both worlds!

Back