• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Glad I am not a Kid Anymore.....

grizpack

eGriz Club
DONOR
Not football related, but holy crap.... Is this what we have come to? :( :( :(

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/09/living/parents-middle-school-bans-balls-recess/index.html?hpt=hp_t3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Participation Ribbons For Everyone!!!

:censored:

Schools think they have too much power. Unfortunately, people don't challenge their power often enough

If today's parents simply had the common sense to sue the schools that try these little power plays then our kids could be kids again.

It's changed a lot in the last 2 decades. Im only 25, and when I was in elementary school we still had to climb a rope that was attached to the gymnasium ceiling as a part of our getting a pass in gym, and I know I and several others were able to climb all the way to the ceiling which was likely 30+ feet. I can't see that flying now days. In that same class, with that same rope we would swing from the stage to the other end of the gym and try to land in this giant bullseye thing, that could have easily paralyzed us had we landed wrong :lol: ! Im glad I was in elementary then and not now. These days they won't even let you play dodgeball with those small red balls that you could absolutely dominate the less athletic kids with. God that was a lot of fun!

Guys, let's not group all schools into one because an extreme district in NY does a crazy thing like banning balls. Most schools are practical and do a good job of using limited resources to foster positive development in our kids. No matter what entity you are talking about, inevitably a small part of it is going to do something ignorant. It doesn't make them all bad and definitely doesn't mean that people should be readily sueing others.

Welcome to recess in the year 2020...

images

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
jodcon said:
Welcome to recess in the year 2020...

images
That looks f*ing awesome!

My neighbor kids actually have one of these but it's purple and I don't know if you can see out of it, they had it stuck against a tree for 10 minutes one day with someone inside it, laughed my ass off.

http://now.msn.com/inglewood-elementary-school-in-pennsylvania-cancels-halloween-due-to-religious-overtones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heck, this school ^^^ even canceled Halloween. Oh the humanity! What's next? No Festivus?

If there would be a "loser pays" rule for all litigation, then there would not be the same problems that we have now. If the loser pays the court costs, then you know people would make sure what they are doing is for damn sure going to result in a win. This frivolous lawsuit culture of ours is leading us to ruin. Instead of blaming the demoscats (done on purpose) for Obamacare, blame those who sue frivolously and their attorneys. They are the ones who drove medical costs through the roof resulting in that political s@&% show.

I am so glad I had the opportunity to actually be a kid rather than one of these over-coddled and over-protected children. I feel bad for them. I'll bet one of the school administrators got pegged in the head with a wall-ball when he or she was a kid...

PDXGrizzly said:
If there would be a "loser pays" rule for all litigation, then there would not be the same problems that we have now. If the loser pays the court costs, then you know people would make sure what they are doing is for damn sure going to result in a win. This frivolous lawsuit culture of ours is leading us to ruin. Instead of blaming the demoscats (done on purpose) for Obamacare, blame those who sue frivolously and their attorneys. They are the ones who drove medical costs through the roof resulting in that political s@&% show.

I am so glad I had the opportunity to actually be a kid rather than one of these over-coddled and over-protected children. I feel bad for them. I'll bet one of the school administrators got pegged in the head with a wall-ball when he or she was a kid...
I blame republicants...and Baucus...for the individual mandate part of Obamacare. Had they worked together we may have gotten something better but republicants weren't willing to compromise anything and Baucus sold the farm to big insurance.

And I blame those ambulance chasing attorneys too. How dare they stick up for consumers rights. Just because the doctor amputated your right leg when he was supposed to amputate the left one does not give you the right to sue for damages. Frivolous bastards.

And I blame the cats...not sure why though but they've got to be at fault for something.

If it wasn't for over coddled, left wing, safety Nazi kids..... who would make posts like the previous one?

Message boards everywhere would suffer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

My elementary school banned things like tag, dodgeball and floor hockey. Funny enough, BHS allowed roller-blading through halls and doing tricks from ramps, dodgeball, etc.

Schools bend to the will of viable prosecution, accelerated by administrators made of pillow -and unfortunately - inaction from the vast majority of reasoned people who value character-building experiences like winning/losing and activities with risk involved.

Nothing rewards like risk, fellas. Facilitating a generation of fat, non-competitive people who don't outlive their parents by starving them of essential seeds in childhood? Let's get this bus back on its wheels, by adopting Sarcastaball as an official sport.

sp-1608-sarcastaball-ready-to-play.jpg

Easy fix, more of you non practicing parents need to have fewer to no offspring. A good start would be, say, cat fans copulating less or even better yet, adopting the practice of celibacy.

When I was in high school (Helena High) we had a class where we loaded shotgun shells all week and on Friday went out to the trap range and blasted clays. And for dodgeball we had the Big Human , Kramer, presiding as gym teacher. You bet your ass you better dodge!

Buttegrizzle said:
When I was in high school (Helena High) we had a class where we loaded shotgun shells all week and on Friday went out to the trap range and blasted clays. And for dodgeball we had the Big Human , Kramer, presiding as gym teacher. You bet your ass you better dodge!

When I was in the 8th grade, some 40+ years ago, our PE teacher was a karate instructor, believe me you, we all learned karate. Getting thrown to the ground was common practice. Dodgeball was played by everyone. If you couldn't handle it, usually a good paddling was in order for those few.

My favorite high school gym class activity was called "commando raid." The coach pulled out the wrestling mat and divided the class in two. One half stood outside the circle and the other half of the class huddled up in the middle of the circle, locking arms, legs, etc. The object was simple...carry every guy in the middle huddle to the edge of the mat and get the win. If any body part touched down to the mat before reaching the out of bounds circle line, the guy had to be let go so he could rejoin his team in the middle of the mat. And there were no rules. Kicking, hitting, gouging were all pretty much ignored. Our gym teacher/coach stood with his arms folded across his chest and smirked while we basically fought for an hour.

Yes, due to complaints, the game was eventually banned.

When we were seniors in high school we had a bunch of freshman in the same class, so when we got to choose the game we picked dodgeball "seniors stand". Of course hitting above the waist didn't count and they didn't have to go out, so there was a lot of headhunting going on with the underclassmen. We'd probably be arrested for that now.

We had dodgeball, shotguns, rafting on a pond (and sometimes ramming other boats happened), and other contact sports. Occasionally a student might suffer an owie. Can't imagine this kind of stuff happens in many schools, due to the pussification of children and their parents nowadays. I'm sure one day when I have children they'll be the exiled ones for being a normal kid, not some sissy ass kid that needs constant moral support and reassurance.

Latest posts

Back