• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gameday Info

asumikeyd

Greetings Griz fans. Game day will be here before we know it and I'm planning on making the trip out with my dad for a little father/son vacation! We will be flying in that Tuesday and heading up to Glacier for a few days before heading back for the game. Anyways, I was just hoping you guys could give us App fans some gameday tailgating details. Where do the opposing fans usually park? We plan on walking around and taking it all in but I wasn't sure if there was a specific lot that was more fun/closer to all the action. Also, with it being a night game, what time should we get out there? I saw that the tailgating policy said it starts two hours before kick off...is that really enforced? I hope not...hoping for a full day of festivities.

Thanks...looking forward to a great trip. It should be another great game between two great programs!

Hey Mike welcome to Griz Nation! I live outside of Glacier park. I'm also an alum, long time season ticket holder and host a tailgate. Send me a PM and we can exchange #'s and I would be happy to show u around.

We need to sticky gameday info as a convenience to our opposing fans. Park anywhere, vehicle will be fine. Wear your App State game gear everywhere you go in Missoula, or even the flathead area. In Missoula, don't worry about beer and drink money, you will get plenty of free drinks from GRIZ NATION. Tailgating is easy, plenty of GRIZ fans will take you in. You will drink a lot, eat a lot, and have fun on very little of your own money. You will love it!!!!!!!

No thats just the GSA area, they begin beer sales 2 hrs before kickoff. I'm sure most will start early afternoon. Our crew will probably be set up by noon.
Parking.....depends on where you are staying. If you are staying at a motel close to the stadium, east Broadway, just walk from your motel.
If you are going to Glacier, make sure you hit the Many Glacier/Swiftcurrent area. Best place in the park, IMO. Plus you can get one of the best steaks of your life in Babb, at the Cattle Baron steakhouse. You drive right past it as you enter the park on the east side as you are headed to Many Glacier.

mtgrizrule said:
Park anywhere, vehicle will be fine.

This is not good advice. Definitely park at your hotel if you're staying by the stadium, or one of the lots that are pay lots around the stadium or on Broadway near the stadium. There are also a couple shuttle lots near the stadium, as well as some bars that offer a shuttle to the stadium. Stadium parking can be a real bitch and they do tow if your vehicle looks anyway sideways.

Happy to hear you are making the trip :clap: As stated above you will be welcomed with open arms, great food, and plenty of "libations" :D The APP State game is just that damn good.

MrTitleist said:
mtgrizrule said:
Park anywhere, vehicle will be fine.

This is not good advice. Definitely park at your hotel if you're staying by the stadium, or one of the lots that are pay lots around the stadium or on Broadway near the stadium. There are also a couple shuttle lots near the stadium, as well as some bars that offer a shuttle to the stadium. Stadium parking can be a real bitch and they do tow if your vehicle looks anyway sideways.

I was thinking the vehicle is pretty safe almost anywhere, not thinking about paying. Paying is second nature to me over there, and forgot completely about that. :thumb:

Yes. Stay at a downtown or campus neighborhood hotel and walk to the game. The walk on the river trail from downtown is a beautiful way to get to WaGriz, and it puts you right in the heart of tailgate country when you get there.

And definitely fly your colors all weekend. You won't need your wallet.

asumikeyd said:
Greetings Griz fans. Game day will be here before we know it and I'm planning on making the trip out with my dad for a little father/son vacation! We will be flying in that Tuesday and heading up to Glacier for a few days before heading back for the game. Anyways, I was just hoping you guys could give us App fans some gameday tailgating details. Where do the opposing fans usually park? We plan on walking around and taking it all in but I wasn't sure if there was a specific lot that was more fun/closer to all the action. Also, with it being a night game, what time should we get out there? I saw that the tailgating policy said it starts two hours before kick off...is that really enforced? I hope not...hoping for a full day of festivities.

Thanks...looking forward to a great trip. It should be another great game between two great programs!

And while you're up in Glacier, be sure to hit Moose's Saloon in Kalispell for the best pizza and beer around!

Griz2k said:
asumikeyd said:

And while you're up in Glacier, be sure to skip Moose's Saloon in Kalispell for they have the worst pizza around!

FIY

polsongrizz said:
Griz2k said:
asumikeyd said:

And while you're up in Glacier, be sure to skip Moose's Saloon in Kalispell for they have the worst pizza around!

FIFY

FIFY

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
polsongrizz said:
Griz2k said:
asumikeyd said:

FIFY

FIFY
:mrgreen: :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
We need to sticky gameday info as a convenience to our opposing fans. Park anywhere, vehicle will be fine. Wear your App State game gear everywhere you go in Missoula, or even the flathead area. In Missoula, don't worry about beer and drink money, you will get plenty of free drinks from GRIZ NATION. Tailgating is easy, plenty of GRIZ fans will take you in. You will drink a lot, eat a lot, and have fun on very little of your own money. You will love it!!!!!!!

Looking forward to coming to Montana again. My 2 sons were there with me in Dec. '09. That was a game that will go down as legend. Man ... what a great game; er, 'cept losing. Game was great; weather was, well, cold, but we were prepared for that; and, the Griz fans we met were also great. The noise level in that stadium is something that must be heard to be believed! Can't wait to return.

We welcomed Griz fans to Boone last year & look forward to coming out there in a few weeks.

I have no idea what to expect from this year's App team. We should bring a good team. New head coach, Satterfield was App's QB in 1993-ish and the offensive coordinator during our Nat'l title run. Offense should be pretty good - new offensive coordinator, so we'll see what happens. I hope he understands hand signals, cause that's all the communicatin' and coordinatin' he'll be doing in Wa-Griz. I understand that the D will be a 3-4 on almost every play, which is a first for us. Last year, we maybe ran a 3-4 about 20% of the time.

Anyway, my wife is coming to Montana this time. Younger son must miss this time. Too bad. Older son, an App student (Jr.) will be with us. Wife & I are both App grads. Son & I are flying out Thurs. Be there mid-afternoon. Wife is flying out Friday morning. Can't wait!

We will be completed attired, head to toe, in App colors. Y'all say hello if you see us!

Back