• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAME THREAD!!

Due to a prior commitment, I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Can I depend on the rest of you to take care of it all for me??

Ribs will be done about 7. Won't run out of beer. Snacks are bought.

I am ready but this waiting is for the dogs.

6.5 hours to go.

I guess I would look to three or four things as potential keys to today's game:

1. How we start. If we are down early, as we have been apt to do a lot this year, the question is how can we find our way back? Syracuse is defensively stingy and are very good at making teams work the full 35 of a clock. The game is going to be most likely in the 60's. Which means, if the Griz perform near their season standards for efficiency offensively (30th) they have a good chance. Syracuse has a very good ability to make teams take predicitable perimeter jump shots.

2. Getting inside Syracuse's zone, does Cherry and Jamar get to the rim? If there are shots going in from 3 early, can it stretch the zone to get inside it. I doubt after watching Syracuse a few times this year, they would leave it but rather stretch it. Weisner, Gregory and jamar are important early in that regard. I doubt Cherry and Jamar are going to be able to impose their will as they have been at times this year and get to the hoop.

3. Where Syracuse is making their shots at. They are in some cases a bit of a Weber State team but with superior athletic skills. They have a slew of guys who can get to and finish at the rim. If the UofM can force perimeter jump shots, which Syracuse seemed to do a lot in their mid season slump, they aren't the worst but they are the best shooting team on the planet. The Griz aren't the best defenisve team on the planet and to that extent worries me a bit. Will the Griz zone? A possibility.

In the end, probably gonna take a great effort from the Griz to win. Syracuse is stout. Gonna get a great effort from the guys as we know Tinks will have em ready. Hoping for a Griz 20 point win (not likely). More likely a tight 5-6 point game, where we won't have a clear winner until inside the 3 minute timeout. That would be ideal. I think the margin is a bit steep (14 pointish), and I think it is well within the Griz's ability to play within the spread.

I'll be missing at telecast the first half. A close friends mother passed away Monday and at the wake this afternoon he told me that tonight after the late viewing they are having a bit of an Irish wake at the house. Bas k netball is basketball, but he is family to me.
I can't wish you luck, but I will say that no matter who wins I hope every player is healthy at the end. And if you do pull the upset you damn well better win a few more games! :lol:

Heading over to the Shark Tank now! Wish you all could be here. Shame you didn't get tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will try to give you a post-mortem on the Grizzlies' final game later tonight. :thumb: Good luck Grizz and go Cuse!!

cusefan79 said:
I'll be missing at telecast the first half. A close friends mother passed away Monday and at the wake this afternoon he told me that tonight after the late viewing they are having a bit of an Irish wake at the house. Bas k netball is basketball, but he is family to me.
I can't wish you luck, but I will say that no matter who wins I hope every player is healthy at the end. And if you do pull the upset you damn well better win a few more games! :lol:

Thanks for the props cusefan--may your friend's mom rest in peace. Come back to this board often--you are more than welcome! :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
I hope the team is less nervous than I am.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love sports, and Griz sports in particular...but I can't for the life of me, figure out why gameday consumes me so...

Well, let's get this out of the way...Quit whining! No, you quit whining! You're a hypocrite! No, you're a hypocrite! That doesn't make sense! GFY! etc etc etc... ;) Okay, now bring on the game!!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back