• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Plan?

Bear Axed

DONOR
22 runs on 1st down for 39 yrds

22 runs on 2nd down for 15 yards

21 passes on 3rd down 13m caught for 189 yrds 2 TD's

If it's anything like the games we have seen we don't pass unless it's 3rd and long, but what the h3ll we'll get use to it, cause it's in the game plan.
and one things for sure the OC sticks to the game plan no matter what!

With Ochs under center I don't expect as many runs on first down. Perhaps 50/50....or possible 60/40 ratio with the 60 being pass.

GrizMania said:
With Ochs under center I don't expect as many runs on first down. Perhaps 50/50....or possible 60/40 ratio with the 60 being pass.

I would be happy with 50/50. Mixing it up on first down from time to time with a run (hey, just like every first down thus far this year) or a pass.

I've always thought and hoped that this year we would see a 60 to 40 ratio of pass verses run. (60% pass).

I agree that with Ochs behind center (I think he will still be in the shotgun a lot), we will see more passing on 1st and 2nd down.

I don't care what the game plan is, as long as it doesn't include delayed handoffs, out of the shotgun when we're backed up near the goal line.

As long as the game plan contains a W in the win-loss column, I could care less (notwithstanding my previous bi#ching about the predictability of the play calling).

Anyone else who would be happy with 11 more wins? :D :D :D

I'm not in agreement with the majority of the posters on the game plan. I say we should play Ochs just as long as it takes to be in control of the game. We should run as much as possible using the pass to open up the defense and to show them who is in control. If we have a good lead the run will allow us to run the clock, keep their defense on the field longer and gradually wear them down. We don't have to pass 75% of the time to win this game and we shouldn't jeopardize the health of our "new" quarterback!! Let him come back gradually and give the backups more experience.

I'm ready for some football!!

show them who is in control

62GRIZ, I actually agree with you but the problem I have is the 2nd half of the NDSU game. I still can't believe we lost that one! How much of a lead is enough?

Once momentum has been lost it can be very hard to get it back especially if some of our key players (or coordinators/coaches) have already called it a day.

I think that with Ochs we will tend to be a pass happy team pretty much until we get WAY ahead (hopefully 25 points per quarter left to be played), then protect our players and run the clock down in the 4th quarter. I don't forsee anyone making the NDSU mistake again!

I guess you and I are saying the same thing, but what is "having the game in control"? I'm a little gun shy on that one for now! BUT I hope the phrase "how much is enough" is talked about every Saturday because that will mean that we're BLOWING teams out!

62GRIZ said:
I'm not in agreement with the majority of the posters on the game plan. I say we should play Ochs just as long as it takes to be in control of the game. We should run as much as possible using the pass to open up the defense and to show them who is in control. If we have a good lead the run will allow us to run the clock, keep their defense on the field longer and gradually wear them down. We don't have to pass 75% of the time to win this game and we shouldn't jeopardize the health of our "new" quarterback!! Let him come back gradually and give the backups more experience.
Amen!
In my opinion (for what its worth) 10% game plan - 100% execution

Bear Axed said:
22 runs on 1st down for 39 yrds

22 runs on 2nd down for 15 yards

21 passes on 3rd down 13m caught for 189 yrds 2 TD's

If it's anything like the games we have seen we don't pass unless it's 3rd and long, but what the h3ll we'll get use to it, cause it's in the game plan.
and one things for sure the OC sticks to the game plan no matter what!

ANd if we throw the ball 35+ times this week.......will you come back and eat some crow for us?

Back