• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football, Basketballx2 roadtrip in November

Iowagriz

I just saw the announcement for Mens BB and the schedule.

Football against South Dakota in Vermillion, SD on Sat 11/9
BB at Minnesota on Tues 11/12
BB against SDSU at Brookings, SD on Thurs 11/14

I'll likly make the trip up for the football game. The MN Bball game would be fun. Doubt I could make all three, but for a retiree it would be a fun week of travel. All three are near a 4 hr drive from each other.

Anyone else going to be at SD on 11/9?

I will be going to the game in South Dakota. It is a short drive for me from Omaha. Too bad the game at Minnesota is not a weekend game.

AZGrizFan said:
Yeah, that's where I want to spend a week in mid-Noember. :lol:

Nothing adds a little excitement to a road trip like the potential of getting stuck in Mitchell, SD for couple of days because I-90 is closed due to a blizzard. How many hours can one spend sipping on truck stop coffee and wandering around Cabela's and the Corn Palace before they are declared legally insane? Or, if you're lucky, maybe you'll get stuck in Wall, where you can just gorge yourself on Wall Drug donuts.

Having said that, I'll be at the USD game; it's a relatively short (weather permitting) 6 hour drive from the Black Hills.

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
Nothing adds a little excitement to a road trip like the potential of getting stuck in Mitchell, SD for couple of days because I-90 is closed due to a blizzard. How many hours can one spend sipping on truck stop coffee and wandering around Cabela's and the Corn Palace before they are declared legally insane? Or, if you're lucky, maybe you'll get stuck in Wall, where you can just gorge yourself on Wall Drug donuts.

They need to develop some sort of teleportation device so you can just bypass that whole stretch of I-90.

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yeah, that's where I want to spend a week in mid-Noember. :lol:

Having said that, I'll be at the USD game; it's a relatively short (weather permitting) 6 hour drive from the Black Hills.
I've been stuck in Rapid City and in Sturgis during blizzards, with I-90 closed -- not pleasant memories.

As someone that drives between Des Moines and Missoula each year (sometimes twice), I wouldn't drive it from Missoula for just this game.

However, fly into the Twin Cities and rent a car. Easy drive to the football game and immediatly back to spend time in Minneapolis before and up to the game vs. MN. That could be a fun time.

Iowagriz said:
As someone that drives between Des Moines and Missoula each year (sometimes twice), I wouldn't drive it from Missoula for just this game.

However, fly into the Twin Cities and rent a car. Easy drive to the football game and immediatly back to spend time in Minneapolis before and up to the game vs. MN. That could be a fun time.

It still a week in eastern ND/western Minnesota in fucking NOVEMBER.

AZGrizFan said:
Iowagriz said:

It still a week in eastern ND/western Minnesota in f***[*] NOVEMBER.

A week in eastern SD/Western MN in the middle of summer is no better. Just replace the -40 windchill and blinding snow with 90 degrees, 80% humidity and a gazillion mosquitoes.

A guy that works for me lives in Sioux Falls and when he first started he said "spring was yesterday". He claimed that they go from freezing to baking in about the span of a day -- and (watching the weather reports) I'll be damned if it hasn't been pretty close to true the last three years. Don't know how long falls lasts. I hope it is longer than spring...

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Iowagriz said:

It still a week in eastern ND/western Minnesota in f***[*] NOVEMBER.

A week in eastern SD/Western MN in the middle of summer is no better. Just replace the -40 windchill and blinding snow with 90 degrees, 80% humidity and a gazillion mosquitoes.
:lol: :lol:

Grisly Fan said:
A guy that works for me lives in Sioux Falls and when he first started he said "spring was yesterday". He claimed that they go from freezing to baking in about the span of a day -- and (watching the weather reports) I'll be damned if it hasn't been pretty close to true the last three years. Don't know how long falls lasts. I hope it is longer than spring...

Ditto Omaha for quick turnarounds in weather. :thumb:

Back