• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fly Over?

JayLarson

Well-known member
Any Bozemanites or Military folks on here know anything about if there will be a fly over on Saturday seems that the F-15's have been pulled out of Great Falls (which really pisses me off)?
Last time I was in Bozo for the game in 09 there was a flyover and that was before they added on, it seemed like the Jets came down right on top of the field, it was awesome. Ranks second to the Navy Seal skydivers at the App St game this year for me in favorite all time pregame experience.
 
No more flyovers in Bozo unless you bring a cool remote control
airplane! Might get a skydiver but the days of a thundering flyover
are probably gone to Cali. :(
 
catdaddy7 said:
No more flyovers in Bozo unless you bring a cool remote control
airplane! Might get a skydiver but the days of a thundering flyover
are probably gone to Cali. :(

I have a buddy who flies a Piper Cub who would do a flyover.
 
kurtismichael said:
Maybe Blackhawks, my friend in Helena drives those for the Army National Guard. Choppers are always cool.
Blackhawk Flyover would be the best! Looking like nice weather in the forecast.
 
griz4life said:
Cool as they are, flyovers aren't cheap. I can do without it.

A large percentage of flyovers are simply regular stick time organized around a specific time/event. Pilots need a certain amount of time in the air to keep quals...why not do it for events like this?
 
Nobody wants to see a fucking cargo plane or a helicopter. I say the boys at Malmstrom unleash one of the heavies. A Minutemen for a flyover. We have 150 in Montana and we can destroy it over Canada. Defcom IV bitches!

General Buck Turgidson
 
Its been reported in the Chronicle that a group of local crop dusters have volunteered for a flyover.
 
Ursa Major said:
Nobody wants to see a f***[*] cargo plane or a helicopter. I say the boys at Malmstrom unleash one of the heavies. A Minutemen for a flyover. We have 150 in Montana and we can destroy it over Canada. Defcom IV bitches!

General Buck Turgidson

i see you are now impersonating a general, major major. i'm going to tell general scheisskopf about this.
 
argh! said:
Ursa Major said:
Nobody wants to see a f***[*] cargo plane or a helicopter. I say the boys at Malmstrom unleash one of the heavies. A Minutemen for a flyover. We have 150 in Montana and we can destroy it over Canada. Defcom IV bitches!

General Buck Turgidson

i see you are now impersonating a general, major major. i'm going to tell general scheisskopf about this.

You're a fucker, Yossarian.

nately's whore
 
Ursa Major said:
argh! said:
Ursa Major said:
Nobody wants to see a f***[*] cargo plane or a helicopter. I say the boys at Malmstrom unleash one of the heavies. A Minutemen for a flyover. We have 150 in Montana and we can destroy it over Canada. Defcom IV bitches!

General Buck Turgidson

i see you are now impersonating a general, major major. i'm going to tell general scheisskopf about this.

You're a fucker, Yossarian.

nately's whore
 
AZGrizFan said:
griz4life said:
Cool as they are, flyovers aren't cheap. I can do without it.

A large percentage of flyovers are simply regular stick time organized around a specific time/event. Pilots need a certain amount of time in the air to keep quals...why not do it for events like this?
That has been the justification, it is simply a political move that has to do with perception.
 
Best fly over ever: South African Airlines 747 over Ellis Park for the final of the '95 World Cup of Rugby. Don't know how low it was but it looked like about 500-1000 feet and, told by people at the stadium that it felt like the world was coming to an end. Awesome (used to be a vid on youtube, don't know if it's still there). Maybe we could get someone from Boeing in Seattle to pop on over.
 
Back
Top