• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Flagstaff

a) Not me, for the first time since 1993.
b) Little America is good. Lots of divey places closer to (as in quasi-walking distance) from the bar district
c) San Francisco Street before/after the game; Museum Club is always good
d) Hairy & granola-like, just like Missoula. Should be right up your alley. :)

1. The norm is a good sized contingency of Griz fans in attendance. I'm sure this game will be no different. Lots of Griz faithful nearby in Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas.

2. The Griz team and staff usually stays @ Woodlands Hotel Flagstaff (1175 Route 66). Not sure about this year?

3. There are ample bars and breweries throughout town. My favorite brewery is Beaver Street Brewing but it's all good.

4. The college women are mostly from Phoenix, Tucson and S. California...and much too young for me to ogle.

Similar vibe to Missoula but a bit smaller in population. One giant mountain versus of a lot of smaller ones surrounding like Missoula. No rivers like Missoula. Hippies, outdoorsy types, college kids, townies, fratties...a welcome respite from the surrounding desert hell. Fun college town.

Enjoy!

It was noted in the Griz program from the Apps State game that the Griz will stay at the Little America Hotel in Flag.

MT Jack said:
1. The norm is a good sized contingency of Griz fans in attendance. I'm sure this game will be no different. Lots of Griz faithful nearby in Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas.

2. The Griz team and staff usually stays @ Woodlands Hotel Flagstaff (1175 Route 66). Not sure about this year?

3. There are ample bars and breweries throughout town. My favorite brewery is Beaver Street Brewing but it's all good.

4. The college women are mostly from Phoenix, Tucson and S. California...and much too young for me to ogle.

Similar vibe to Missoula but a bit smaller in population. One giant mountain versus of a lot of smaller ones surrounding like Missoula. No rivers like Missoula. Hippies, outdoorsy types, college kids, townies, fratties...a welcome respite from the surrounding desert hell. Fun college town.

Enjoy!

I agree with everything you said, but please don't tell me that #4 exists! i can't believe it! One must "ogle" until one dies! If one doesn't, one must be dead! :!:

Rockmeister said:
I agree with everything you said, but please don't tell me that #4 exists! i can't believe it! One must "ogle" until one dies! If one doesn't, one must be dead! :!:

So ogling...okay. Diddling...not okay. Like fine art, it's okay to appreciate it while visiting the museum but not proper or feasible to take home for your own.

MT Jack said:
Rockmeister said:

So ogling...okay. Diddling...not okay. Like fine art, it's okay to appreciate it while visiting the museum but not proper or feasible to take home for your own.

no sir, ogling only! I just figured your D*ck must have fallen off! Mine hasn't!

MT Jack said:

Enjoy!
Sorry I'm confused here. Are you saying there's no rivers in Missoula. Did they dry up from the last time I lived there. I know it's been three years and that's a long time but those rivers have been there since the last time Glacial Lake Missoula flooded out. Please tell me that at least the Bitterroot is still there!?

We are driving to Mesquite on Thursday..... golf on Friday.... then to Flagstaff Friday afternoon/evening.... :thumb:

alabamagrizzly said:
Sorry I'm confused here. Are you saying there's no rivers in Missoula. Did they dry up from the last time I lived there. I know it's been three years and that's a long time but those rivers have been there since the last time Glacial Lake Missoula flooded out. Please tell me that at least the Bitterroot is still there!?

Forgot the "un".

I know Montana had a hot, dry summer but it wasn't that hot. Running rivers are quite the treat after living in AZ for years.

MT Jack said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Forgot the "un".

I know Montana had a hot, dry summer but it wasn't that hot. Running rivers are quite the treat after living in AZ for years.
Oh thank GOD! U scared me. Every time I come home to Missoula, a bitterroot or a Blackfoot float trip is a must! That and a Griz game. Otherwise it's a wasted trip. Well I guess I get to see family too but that's just the icing on the cake

Treat yourself to some luxury. Stay at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona. That's where presidents and celeberties go. Pricey!!, but beautiful. Eat at some great restuarants in Sedona and drive a short road to Flagstaff. Sedona is beautiful.

cannonball said:
Treat yourself to some luxury. Stay at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona. That's where presidents and celeberties go. Pricey!!, but beautiful. Eat at some great restuarants in Sedona and drive a short road to Flagstaff. Sedona is beautiful.
Just not as beautiful as it was 40 years ago before they started building up against the red buttes.

Rent a house through one of the lodging websites. If you have 4 or more in your group ( or 3 singles) the comfort and value is outstanding. Park your car downtown and you can get to dozens of establishments. The griz tailgate party is quite impressive game day also. See you there. :egriz:

A view of the Skydome and parking lots. In 2011, we were across the street (southeast) in the small parking lot by the park.
https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=35.180552,-111.652744&spn=0.00406,0.010654&t=k&om=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A google map I made for the game in 2011.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206718122226140540132.0004a9d0aa08e2ee19bdf&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NAU Campus Map: Some hotels are located west of campus
http://www2.nau.edu/nau-map/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A restaurant guide
http://www.jammed.com/~mlb/flageats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A map of eateries near NAU
http://nau.edu/uploadedImages/Academic/CAL/Music/Folder_Templates/_Media/Flagstaff_Dining.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flagstaff_Dining.jpg

oGriz said:
A view of the Skydome and parking lots. In 2011, we were across the street (southeast) in the small parking lot by the park.
https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=35.180552,-111.652744&spn=0.00406,0.010654&t=k&om=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But we filled that bitch, didn't we, O? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It was certainly packed in that space two years ago. We even filled the north half of the parking lot which I heard wasn't supposed to be part of the Griz tailgate.

I haven't seen anything on GoGriz about the NAU tailgate yet.

I am flying in from Colorado for the game. First ever visit to Flagstaff. Looking forward to it. I have heard nothing but good things about the town on Route 66. I will be celebrating my 40th birthday with my buddy JLew who also turns 40 the day before the game. Not much has changed since college, only we drink good bourbon now instead of jager.

GO GRIZ!!!!

AZGrizFan said:
a) Not me, for the first time since 1993.
b) Little America is good. Lots of divey places closer to (as in quasi-walking distance) from the bar district
c) San Francisco Street before/after the game; Museum Club is always good
d) Hairy & granola-like, just like Missoula. Should be right up your alley. :)
You know me too well :thumb: Couple idiot friends of mine who still in Missoula are making the trip down. Can't wait!

Back