• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Ranked in Preseason Coaches' Poll

NikeGrizz

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/8/6/FB_0806133507.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny that the Griz are ranked behind NAU, Cal Poly, EWU, and Bozo but what are the lines for those games? Are the Griz favored currently? I'd imagine they would be with the first three but not with Bozo.

During the course of last year I almost forgot how staggering Griz arrogance can be. Almost. There's nothing better than an internet fanboard circle jerk to get the ball rolling back in that direction, is there boys? I am actually surprised the line doesn't favor the Griz to win the Superbowl this year. They are going to be THAT good!

grizfan95 said:
Funny that the Griz are ranked behind NAU, Cal Poly, EWU, and Bozo but what are the lines for those games? Are the Griz favored currently? I'd imagine they would be with the first three but not with Bozo.

you will definitely be favored at home against poly and ewu. be curious to see the line on nau. i'm not sold on them personally but I guess at home there's a chance they're favored by a little bit.

grizfan95 said:

My guess is that the Griz ranking has everything to do with our record last year and I don't disagree. I do think it will be much better at the end of the season!

Jerry Punch said:
During the course of last year I almost forgot how staggering Griz arrogance can be. Almost. There's nothing better than an internet fanboard circle jerk to get the ball rolling back in that direction, is there boys? I am actually surprised the line doesn't favor the Griz to win the Superbowl this year. They are going to be THAT good!

That's not arrogance. Do you believe that EWU, Cal Poly and NAU currently have better teams than this year's Griz? The Griz are deeper at every position this year than they were last year and they were beating EWU by 9 late in the 4th and up 24-7 on NAU before McKinney went nuts with turnovers. What makes you so sure we're being arrogant?

Dunno about arrogant, but if you look at how well the "coaches Poll" finished up lat year, I'm not sure that it has ANY meaning. looks to me like they were guessing and not very good at it at that.........................

grizfan95 said:
Jerry Punch said:

That's not arrogance. Do you believe that EWU, Cal Poly and NAU currently have better teams than this year's Griz? The Griz are deeper at every position this year than they were last year and they were beating EWU by 9 late in the 4th and up 24-7 on NAU before McKinney went nuts with turnovers. What makes you so sure we're being arrogant?

The fact that you're asking this question. You can still be a passionate, dedicated fan while being humble. Blasphemous on this board, I know.

These preseason polls are a joke. I'm not saying that because the Griz are ranked 22. I'm surprised they're even in the Top 25 at all. These polls are usually always wrong. I do agree with NDSU tho. They deserve that spot... for now.

Jerry Punch said:

Push those glasses back up your nose professor football. You said it yourself, this is a "fan board". I think your expectations for rationality are a little high.

It is touching how much you care about us Griz fans...

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Jerry Punch said:

Push those glasses back up your nose professor football. You said it yourself, this is a "fan board". I think your expectations for rationality are a little high.

:lol: :lol:

grizfan95 said:
Jerry Punch said:

EWU and CP, yes. NAU, probably not... I'd give you the slight edge today, even in Flagstaff. However, as to another post, whether or not the griz are favored in those games, it totally depends on what happens up until those games.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Jerry Punch said:

I'm trying to match love with love. Can't you see how many Cat-related topics there are just on the first page of this Griz board? A little caring will go a long way. Carry on.

poorgriz said:
grizfan95 said:
Jerry Punch said:

EWU and CP, yes. NAU, probably not... I'd give you the slight edge today, even in Flagstaff. However, as to another post, whether or not the griz are favored in those games, it totally depends on what happens up until those games.

Completely agree. But the polls were released today, so I was wondering what the oddsmakers thought compared to the coaches. Truthfully, I don't think college football should rank teams until week 6. It gives some an unwarranted head start based on nothing that has occurred this season. But it would take away from early season match-ups where broadcasters would want to say it is a clash between top 10 teams or whatever.

Jerry Punch said:
Hey douche bag this is Montana Grizzly fan forum. If you don't like it feel free to leave anytime. The Grizzly fans are excited about the up coming season.Their team is going to be very good. Who gives a shit about the Super Bowl?

grizaremoregooder said:
Jerry Punch said:
Hey douche bag this is Montana Grizzly fan forum. If you don't like it feel free to leave anytime. The Grizzly fans are excited about the up coming season.Their team is going to be very good. Who gives a shit about the Super Bowl?
:thumb: :thumb: nfl sucks

grizaremoregooder said:
Jerry Punch said:

:clap:

Go spank your monkey somewhere else JP and don't concern yourself so much with what us Griz fans think about our team.

Biggest joke on that list is the #2 pick. Haven't those East Coast hacks figured out that MSU can't make a semifinal game?

Griz2k said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Jerry Punch said:

:clap:

Go spank your monkey somewhere else JP and don't concern yourself so much with what us Griz fans think about our team.
:clap: :lol: :lol:
Mousegriz said:
Biggest joke on that list is the #2 pick. Haven't those East Coast hacks figured out that MSU can't make a semifinal game?
Just wait til the playoff seeding so we can watch them get bye and a home game then have to face a relevant team and get bashed again. :lol: :lol:

Just wait til the playoff seeding so we can watch them get bye and a home game then have to face a relevant team and get bashed again. :lol: :lol:

This is soooo true!! :thumb: :lol:

Back