• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

First Saturday Night Game in Missoula?

Gametime

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the first Saturday night game for the Griz in Missoula? I believe the night playoff games that were all on Friday nights because of the ESPN scheduling.

BWahlberg said:
GRIZFAN20 said:
Both UNH & App States night games were on Saturdays.

I thought just the UNH game was...

I had to check ESPN because I wasn't sure...

http://scores.espn.go.com/college-football/scoreboard?confId=20&seasonYear=2009&seasonType=2&weekNumber=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UNH and App. 09 were late afternoon starts late in the year. Neither was really what I call a night game. To me nigh time is at least after 5 p.m. depending on the time of year. UMass and Northern Iowa in 11 are the only true night games to have been played at Wash-Griz imho.

havgrizfan said:
UNH and App. 09 were late afternoon starts late in the year. Neither was really what I call a night game. To me nigh time is at least after 5 p.m. depending on the time of year. UMass and Northern Iowa in 11 are the only true night games to have been played at Wash-Griz imho.

Yeah, i still have my ticket stub from the App St game in 09 and kickoff time was at 2pm

grizcountry420 said:
havgrizfan said:

Yeah, i still have my ticket stub from the App St game in 09 and kickoff time was at 2pm

Well it was dark as shit by the end, so I call it a night game.

No, ones in the summer, even until midnight, would have to be called day games. I know; I've been at baseball games in Anchorage that started at 9 pm, with no artificial lights.

Latest posts

Back