• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

first four games

getgrizzy

the stretch of games vs poly, eastern and sac st. is more formidable, but the first four will be critical. appy is gonna be tough and bauman has run all over us three years in a row. nodak can be a trap game, because while we're out for revenge they want to prove its no fluke. n.a.u. has 18 starters back, including a great secondary.

2 and 2 is reasonable after last season. If you're assuming better, you aren't being realistic. If you go 1 and 3... you're in trouble.

poorgriz said:
2 and 2 is reasonable after last season. If you're assuming better, you aren't being realistic. If you go 1 and 3... you're in trouble.
Think so? I'm thinking more like 3-1, the toughest game to win of the four will be that game in flagstaff.

poorgriz said:

This isnt last season. I think 4-0 is more likely than 2-2.

poorgriz said:

And if we go 3-1 or 4-0, the entire BSC is in trouble. And if you're honest with yourself, the real likelihood of that occurring scares the shit outta you.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

And if we go 3-1 or 4-0, the entire BSC is in trouble. And if you're honest with yourself, the real likelihood of that occurring scares the shit outta you.
If a football team going 4-0 scares the shit out of you, you should check priorities in life...
http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OptimusPrime said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

If a football team going 4-0 scares the shit out of you, you should check priorities in life...
http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:

The only thing apparent to me is that cat fans don't have a good pulse on THIS year's team, or they just want them to be like LAST year's team. THIS years team to me, so far, doesn't really resemble last years team. They will be better, I would bet the farm on it. I'll say 3-1 after 4. App should be tough. We can run the ball and control the clock. JJ will not give games away. Those two things will be huge. We didn't really lose much from last year, but we gained a ton. Sorry but Dan Moore was hurt alot and I think our backfield took a large step forward with Counts and Van.

EverettGriz said:
OptimusPrime said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

:roll:
You obviously never played the game. ;)

EverettGriz said:
Solid OP! :thumb:

I hate to put so much significance on the first game of the season but the ASU game is freakin' huge. If the Griz win that game,
look out BSC! If the Griz don't play well and lose big, it could be a confidence killer. If the Griz lose in a "shoot out", I think they're fine for the season IMO.

I'm honestly more worried about @NAU than vs App and PSU is no slouch either, that option attack is always hard to contain. The first four will set the tone for sure. Going 2-2 is survivable for a post-season berth but 3-1 or especially 4-0 would be incredible.

Alaska Griz said:
The only thing apparent to me is that cat fans don't have a good pulse on THIS year's team, or they just want them to be like LAST year's team. THIS years team to me, so far, doesn't really resemble last years team. They will be better, I would bet the farm on it. I'll say 3-1 after 4. App should be tough. We can run the ball and control the clock. JJ will not give games away. Those two things will be huge. We didn't really lose much from last year, but we gained a ton. Sorry but Dan Moore was hurt alot and I think our backfield took a large step forward with Counts and Van.

So, how big is your farm?
To be very honest (yes Cat fans can be honest) griz fans have every reason to be very optimistic. I see the griz to be one of the top 3 in the BS and to make a good run in the playoffs. Biggest concern should be the coaching staff. Cost some games last year with a so so team. This year even with the same coaching mistakes some of those game will be a win, only because of a more powerful team.
Good luck to the griz this year. Lets hope that the Cat/griz game comes down to the Big Sky Championship.

BWahlberg said:
I'm honestly more worried about @NAU than vs App and PSU is no slouch either, that option attack is always hard to contain. The first four will set the tone for sure. Going 2-2 is survivable for a post-season berth but 3-1 or especially 4-0 would be incredible.

Didn't PSU lose their top RB and their QB?

I am setting my sights and focus on game one, App State. After the performance on the field that game, I will look to game two, three etc... One game at a time folks! Let's win em one at a time.

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Didn't PSU lose their top RB and their QB?

That was the year before in 2011 when we played that incredibly tough game against them.

DJ Adams was their top rusher last year, 972 yards and 12 TDs
Kieran McDonough was their QB, passed for 2187 yards and 14 TDs, rushed for 406 and 9 TDs

Both return this year, Adams is a seinor while McDonough is just a sophomore.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Of course the entire BSC is in trouble, it's back to normal around here (Msla).

Easily possible for you guys to have a fast start. A opening day win against a top 10 team that is transitioning to FBS would propel this team for sure. However, other than the much talked about coaching variable, I would say the next biggest concern is maintaining JJ's health. Not trying to troll here, but if he goes down everything changes (not for the better).

ABQCat said:
Easily possible for you guys to have a fast start. A opening day win against a top 10 team that is transitioning to FBS would propel this team for sure. However, other than the much talked about coaching variable, I would say the next biggest concern is maintaining JJ's health. Not trying to troll here, but if he goes down everything changes (not for the better).

That's a good point. McKinney - per the updates we see - is improving, but he's no JJ.

Cats would be in the same boat if McGhee goes down.

Back